Quantcast
How to fight road rage? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fight road rage?

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Angry How to fight road rage?

Ok, I hope this is in the right forum.

I'm consistently dealing with dangerous drivers on a daily basis. (Who isn't.......) But today I had one guy who attempted to try and sideswipe me on blackfoot during rush hour. I can deal with honking, gestures and swearing just fine, but this guy actually attempted to hit me!

I was by myself and he had a passenger.

Is there anything I can do? I got his license plate and was thinking of filing a complaint to the CPS or does shit like this never get dealt with by the authorities? Am I just wasting my time?

I'm sick of this happening without any, I call, 'personal justice'.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 07:04 PM.

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

i've used www.platerage.com before. there's a few other sites like it, only helps if you got the licence plate. not sure that posting there does any good but sometimes it just feels good to get off your chest.

just did a search and some lady put my plate on there! I think i remember cutting her off - but it was only because i was merging and she wouldn't make a gap...

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Default Re: How to fight road rage?

Originally posted by nissanK

I'm consistently dealing with dangerous drivers on a daily basis. (Who isn't.......) But today I had one guy who attempted to try and sideswipe me on blackfoot during rush hour. I can deal with honking, gestures and swearing just fine, but this guy actually attempted to hit me!

Is there anything I can do? I got his license plate and was thinking of filing a complaint to the CPS or does shit like this never get dealt with by the authorities? Am I just wasting my time?

Drive infront and dump a box of framing nails.

Throw coffee at window.

Carry a fake AK.

Sling poo at him.

Drive unbelievably slow infront of him when the chance arises.

See who has the most gas, follow him to his house and deal with it later once you have his address.

Drive to the nearest police station.

Lots of things you could do, not lots of smart things you could do however. If you were obviously in the wrong (why else would someone try to sideswipe you) then make it obvious that you understand that. A simple guilty face and shy apologetic wave will turn off most raging meatheads, but if you don't feel like being a wuss flip him off and give him a tour of the town.

The moral of this story - In order to avoid drivers with road rage, you must try not to be the cause of it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by kaput
    Drive a shitty car and let him hit you next time?
    Maybe get a cheapie old DD and if he does end up hitting you.. Well, you'd have his plate even if he does hit and run. What kind of car does he drive? He probably is assuming you're going to swerve away.

water balloon full of brake fluid would teach him a lesson
    dv/dt

Surprised i'm not on there. I drive like a fucking douche.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Well in the first place what did you do to piss him off? Let me guess you were driving slow in the fast lane.

Also reporting it will do jack shit cops dont give a rats-ass unless he actually hit you. Trust me all they will do is call him and ask him what happened.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Im also surprised im not on various sites. Ive had my moments, but I feel dumb instantly after.

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

Default Re: Re: How to fight road rage?

Originally posted by Pollywog

The moral of this story - In order to avoid drivers with road rage, you must try not to be the cause of it.
    Only problem with this is, every driver out there thinks they're right and that the guy one lane over is fucking him/her over, regardless of whose fault it is.

Just like the late George Carlin says, “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Originally posted by Sharpie

Well in the first place what did you do to piss him off? Let me guess you were driving slow in the fast lane.

Also reporting it will do jack shit cops dont give a rats-ass unless he actually hit you. Trust me all they will do is call him and ask him what happened.
    At the intersection of 58th and blackfoot turning southbound, it's a YIELD.

From WIKI:
    In road transport, a YIELD (Canada, Ireland, and the United States) or GIVE WAY (Hong Kong and most Commonwealth countries) traffic sign indicates that a vehicle driver must slow down and prepare to stop if necessary — usually while merging into traffic on another road — but needn't stop if the way is clear. A driver who stops has yielded his right of way to another.
    Everyone thinks it is a merge. During rush hour, I HAVE TO STOP BECAUSE THE SOUTHBOUND CARS ON BLACKFOOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY AND IT ISN'T CLEAR TO PROCEED.

I sat for maybe 6 secs stopped and the guy freaked out.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

The problem these days is that everybody is in a big friggin hurry to get nowhere. How about SLOW THE FUCK DOWN people, god damn. What pisses me off is when coming from deerfoot to go to mcknight east, the people coming down are supposed to yield, theres a sign, they dont, they just run it and cut you off most times, in a big friggin hurry. Yield signs these days seems to mean "punch it and see if you can get in front of the guy who is a carlength away, so you can be 1 space farther ahead"

Sad thing is, i wonder how many people have something pressing to get home to, i bet about 1%

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Default Re: Re: Re: How to fight road rage?

At the intersection of 58th and blackfoot turning southbound, it's a YIELD.
    Ha, I take Blackfoot everyday and fuckin hate that intersection because everybody treats it like a merge. Further North, still on Southbound Blackfoot, theres a merge at an intersection (46th ave maybe?) and everyone treats it like a yield.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Sad thing is, i wonder how many people have something pressing to get home to, i bet about 1%
    Probably 1% yeah, but I think people just don't like the fact that it's assumed time for them isn't valuable, though it may only be a few seconds. It's more about the amount of time "wasted" due to someone else's incompetence.

For me, I tend to be a pretty patient driver, whether if its you're lagging at a green light or slowing down almost completely (but not completely stopping) at a merge. It's only when my safety is in danger that I get angry.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Sharpie
    usually true, but i've been listening to this debate on am 770 about this, a lady from MADD and a sergeant or official w/e from the CPS was asking people to call in reckless/unruly drivers, this is mainly because of the drunks on the road but he was on the show saying call in anything regarding other drivers that is a hazard to the road, i'm going to assume that means road rage as well as drunkards.

License plate, vehicle colour and model and road/direction. supposedly he says it doesnt hurt the CPS any to go and pull the guy over, even then if he denies it, he'll probably be late for something or at least find out that yeah being an asshole on the road doesn't go unnoticed, maybe i shouldn't do that shit.

whats the worst thing that can happen to you if you called it in, nothing really even if he says you're full of shit. it's your word against his and vice versa.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by Paul
    i've used www.platerage.com before. there's a few other sites like it, only helps if you got the licence plate. not sure that posting there does any good but sometimes it just feels good to get off your chest.

just did a search and some lady put my plate on there! I think i remember cutting her off - but it was only because i was merging and she wouldn't make a gap...
    Seems like that ROADIE character cant drive anywhere in calgary without having to report on every driver that passes him...site seems like a joke to me. And im having trouble searching, i even type in plates that are there and cant find em, any tricks?

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

If you got their plate, and they did do this, you can press charges and a number of things can happen (depending on the officers that go to his place)...

Just make sure that you can describe the vehicle that matches the plate number.

I had someone almost kill me back during the snow storm... Thankfully the police take this very seriously.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    POS

You should report it to the police. Yeah the cops usually don't do shit if one person calls in, but they usually will if a few people report the same guy. So if guy was driving like you said, other drivers might have reported it as well.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Paul

The search isn't working for me...

Even for plates listed on the home page, it can't find em... tried IE and firefox... weird
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast