Quantcast
92 ''Just a Civic'' Build/Story Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 92 ''Just a Civic'' Build/Story Thread

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Default 92 ''Just a Civic'' Build/Story Thread

Hey all though my car is for sale im slowly leaning more and more into keeping it just between reading a couple of eg guys build threads and keeping up following them.

Anyhoo this is going to be a bit of a reverse thread i suppose since all the work is already done lol so i guess id just more or less being one giant update but there will be more done this winter should i end up keeping the car.

The basic story behind my car is that i bought her off another beyonder last year i beleive october 9th. She was privately imported and had been in the city for a year prior to my ownership. When i first got her she was dead ass stock except for an apexi noir catback and a momo steering wheel lol, no suspension not even an intake!

Right now ill apologize because most of the pics suck ass since i used my phone for most of my pics because i was waiting for my camera in the mail through most of my build so the phone was all i had. IN any event ill let the pics i upload over the next day or two do the telling of the story of this women i call my ride.
    Last edited by Sparx; 10-26-2009 at 06:07 AM.

My Ride
    Chirps second.

I wont lie. Im excited to see this.
    92 Eg Hatch. Not a show car.
    Current wieght= 2000 lbs
    Nikon D300

My Ride
    Wheel hops

When i first got my baby girl

First set of shoes i got for the car thanks to Rockstar from speedtech. Old school advans cant find a name for them though so i just named them ''ogr`s'' for original gangsta rims

Assembly line to do my wheels lol 4 hands are deff better than one thanks people

How they looked on the car, stock ride height ftl

Last edited by Sparx; 10-25-2009 at 10:36 PM.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Finally getting to lower my car thanks to my good friend Lildrunkensmurf, thats his donor car in the background god bless Naomi shes definitely missed :-(

Stock Lcas are unacceptable so swapped those out for some Midas touched skunks

Take notice theres no more worldsport noir on the car i changed to an n1 cuz im ricer and like noise :-)
    Much better look now

Clutch and flywheel came in, act 6 puck sprung heavy duty pressure plate and lightweight flywheel, time to swap em out

Taking my car apart to swap for projectors, i know its forbidden but i feel the only real way to have h.i.d's is in a projector housing and two peice projectors are a hoe to find.

Not going to lie at first i wasnt feeling them 100% on my car
    Last edited by Sparx; 10-25-2009 at 10:52 PM.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Had some parts getting stock piled in my room, so decided to lay them out since i was getting antsy and then the deconstruction began. Thank god for jdm cars the lack of rust makes it a hell of alot easier taking bolts off.

Getting a guage pod specifically for an rhd civic takes a damn long time

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Hey I have that same clutch.

I like it, feels like a clutch on a new car instead of a 90s Honda.

My Ride
    CNG Injected

i got the same clutch too

Last edited by Sparx on 10-25-2009 at 10:52 PM
    what kinda lip is that?
    i like it

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Its a spoon lip sorry about the lack of updates just been lazy as balls

My Ride
    Hondas

For another Honda

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Glad you took out the HID kit from your halogens, I was about to write a nasty-gram!

Post up a pic of your cut-off.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

That pic will have to be a while now scat i think my battery is dead in my car now lol anyway heres a mini update

First starting to put together my front mount, tons of measuring and re measuring to make sure that bitch sat even.

Started to put charge piping together only to find out that the wrong kit was sent for my car! i was pissed and ive already had it sitting for 7 months so a return wasnt an option, so started fabbing pipes, some came from my buddys house down the street from some left over charge piping he had from his kit.

After some headache we have a front mount kit kids. The coupler on the upper portion of the cold pipe was taken off and welded just like it should be since i didnt have any peices to make one solid upper cold pipe.

Not even a full 2 days go by of my turbo kit being installed and im having an oil issue. I hate seeing my car on a tow truck but off to a buddys shop to see wtf was goin on.

On the lift at the shop took off the oil pan tooooonnns of metal shavings were in there so we figured oil pump failed and i spun a bearing.

With that fantastic discovery i decided not to take a chance and source out a new motor.

Big thanks to Shoaib at Jdm Source always hookin up hella clean shit. Made a call to the mad scientist Darren and had my car getting ready to go for her swap the following night.
    Last edited by Sparx; 11-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Mid swap new motor in

Decided to add some cocky rice for all those who like to pick on civics

Back from Darrens and to the exhaust shop to have my beautiful Greddy Ti-C mated with some straight piping for max flow

After the exhaust was done it was time to book dyno time(will find pics of that later). Once that was dealt with the car ran like a champ not a hiccup power came on super crisp and uniform couldnt have been happier. Then two weeks or so after dyno time i went on a cruise and when everyone was chatting in the parking lot a fellow eg guy wanted to go for a ride, before i could even leave the lot fate would strike.

And this ladies an gentleman is an example of why you dont buy obx and or ebay manifolds, lifetime warranty or not the pain in the ass just isnt worth it.

lol^

These manifolds have been sold for probably 7 years and every couple months I see a thread with cracked or shredded manifolds.

What brand are you looking at replacing this unit with?

You might have to re tune the car with the new manifold, if the manifold flows differently?

and (jokingly) the pac man should be eating manifolds from ebay, as that's more what it seems your civic does.

What kinda dyno numbers did the car put down?
    graph?
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-02-2009 at 11:42 PM.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

how did the top get all bent like that? Sounds like it might have been hitting the hood when you accelerate because the torque mounts are done?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

lol, shit dude.

If you're gonna go ebay you should go cast, they have a good track record compared to tubular manifolds.

go-autoworks.com has some affordable manifolds that won't break if you're done with eBay manifolds.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Hahahaha for clarification that isnt actually how the manifold grenaded all the dents are from me taking some aggression out with a hammer and the one primary runner that looks like it was sawed in half was sawed by me lol.
    The only damage that wasnt done by me is that hole in the side where the wastegate flange should be welded instead of glued as it seemed and the "support brackets" that cracked.
    First i replaced that manifold with one from a company called Straightline Specialties a.k.a SLS. I picked up there mini log only for it to not fit, awesome quality product looks fantastic buuuuuut just didnt fit my damn motor. So i went and picked up a Rev Hard cast manifold and car was fine she didnt require any form of a retune and actually sounded better

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Oh man those SLS manifolds are nice too.

Got any pics of the RevHard cast manifold?

My Ride
    05 Forester X

Shit, looks like you did some damage to the manifold.
    I would be pretty pissed too,
    Looks good meng!

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Originally posted by Sentry
    Oh man those SLS manifolds are nice too.

Got any pics of the RevHard cast manifold?
    Yeah SLS makes a really solid manifold down the road i might opt for one of their top mount manifolds. And as of right now i dont have any pics of the rev hard manifold but it looks pretty much the same as every other cast manifold.

Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
    Shit, looks like you did some damage to the manifold.
    I would be pretty pissed too,
    Looks good meng!
    Definitely did some damage hahaha i wasnt necessarily surprised when it broke because i knew that was the one weak point of my setup.To any Honda guys planning to turbo DON'T get impatient and DON'T cheap out anywhere it'll only lead to more frustration.

So anyhoo after swapping the manifold she was ready to roll again, picked up some diff wheels off a fellow beyonder and slapped them on, im a whore for 16s and i needed any and all additional traction i could get from a bigger wheel and better tire.

Out finally getting to enjoy my car, just out chillin with some of the Calgary EG guys.

Months go by and all is well with my car then one night i was doing about 120-125 down deerfoot taking my friends gf's sister home when a loud bang a good cloud of smoke and my motor turning off. FML tow truck time again.

Notice the oil dripping down the ramp of the tow truck when i saw that i knew something hugeeee was wrong. Right when i got home i popped the hood and started looking everywhere with my trouble light and found the culprit.

You cant quite tell by the pic but its about the size of a blackberry pearl, and the second hole is about the size of a golfball. Now you guys are pretty well caught up on the road ive been down with this car since summer now i promise any recent updates made will be taken with an actual camera and not a ghetto balls blackberry that chooses its own size for pics hahaha.
    Last edited by Sparx; 11-03-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast