Quantcast
Bold 9700 out for rogers - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bold 9700 out for rogers

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by rawsensation

Are you getting yours through the mail? did they give you a tracking number? your better off just walking into a store and seeing if they have them in stock than waiting for one to be shipped
    Bit more complicated.. its been ordered by work as a handset upgrade... (special rates etc)

hey guys if any of you are still looking for the 9700 sunridge has some in stock. just picked one up today

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

i went to rogers deerfoot mall and they have lots of stock.. too bad i need to pay $499 to upgrade my unit..
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

I skimmed through a few pages and didn't see what i was looking for.

Is there a difference between a Rogers branded 9700 and a Bell branded 9700? Reason being, I can find a Bell 9700 unlocked...but not sure if I'm missing out on anything (features/specs). Or should I just try and find a Rogers bold?

Originally posted by slick2404
    I skimmed through a few pages and didn't see what i was looking for.

Is there a difference between a Rogers branded 9700 and a Bell branded 9700? Reason being, I can find a Bell 9700 unlocked...but not sure if I'm missing out on anything (features/specs). Or should I just try and find a Rogers bold?

Other than the little lable on the bottom that says bell there is no difference if unlocked. Buy away my friend.....although i do have a unlocked rogers one for sale....PM me if your interested

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

You wouldn't be able to take advantage of Rogers 3G buying an unlocked Bell/Telus 9700. At least that's what I understand.

Originally posted by CRXguy
    You wouldn't be able to take advantage of Rogers 3G buying an unlocked Bell/Telus 9700. At least that's what I understand.
    That is erroneous.

They are the same phone with the same freq band. They are however carrier unlocked and will cost a bit more to unlock. Usually around the $50-$60 range.

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Buddy bought a 9700 from Bell because the Rogers one was sold out. $30 unlock code from eBay and its working fine on the Rogers 3G network.
    ---

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

I need to upgrade my curve soon and have been thinking about the 9700. Is there anything else that Blackberry has coming out soon that will be better or is it a pretty good time to upgrade?

Id wait personally. There is a bold with a touch screen coming out as well as a new pearl. Perhaps a storm with a slideout keyboard.

www.crackberry.com has a rumor section.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by spike98
    Id wait personally. There is a bold with a touch screen coming out as well as a new pearl. Perhaps a storm with a slideout keyboard.

www.crackberry.com has a rumor section.
    Any idea when that bold is coming out?

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by ramminghard

Any idea when that bold is coming out?
    Honestly there has been so much bullshit around the 'Magnum' that I wouldn't hold my breath. A lot of people are saying it is coming, but it probably won't be until at least Q3 2010.

Originally posted by spike98

Other than the little lable on the bottom that says bell there is no difference if unlocked. Buy away my friend.....although i do have a unlocked rogers one for sale....PM me if your interested
    There is no 'Bell' Label on the bottom of the 9700, or Tour, or Storm...

A Telus 9700 Bold is the same as a Bell 9700 Bold which is the same as the Rogers 9700 Bold.

You will need to unlock it to run on a different network though.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Just got it in the mail and am very pleased so far. Where is a good place to pick up a car charger, case and screen protector?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by ramminghard
    Just got it in the mail and am very pleased so far. Where is a good place to pick up a car charger, case and screen protector?
    If you can wait a couple weeks, eBay. You'll save tons on the accessories, all 3 of those you mention you can probably find for $10 shipped.

If anyone is looking for the 9700 you can buy the phone from Wind Mobile starting Friday for $450.00. No contract. Beats everyones prices. They have some nice new plans as well.

Originally posted by roopi
    If anyone is looking for the 9700 you can buy the phone from Wind Mobile starting Friday for $450.00. No contract. Beats everyones prices. They have some nice new plans as well.
    DO NOT PURCHASE A WIND 9700 TO USE ON ROGERS/TELUS/BELL!!! THE WIND 9700 OPERATES ON DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES THAN ROBELUS' 9700!! YOU CAN USE IT ON ROGERS, BUT ONLY ON EDGE! NO 3G!

Sorry for the caps, but I don't want anyone buying it, unlocking it, then coming on here and crying about it. Nor do I want to see other people get scammed into buying an unlocked Wind 9700 that will only work on Rogers' EDGE.

Always check on Howard Forums before considering any cellphone purchases, or carrier changes! http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601281

Originally posted by blinkme_210

DO NOT PURCHASE A WIND 9700 TO USE ON ROGERS/TELUS/BELL!!! THE WIND 9700 OPERATES ON DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES THAN ROBELUS' 9700!! YOU CAN USE IT ON ROGERS, BUT ONLY ON EDGE! NO 3G!

Sorry for the caps, but I don't want anyone buying it, unlocking it, then coming on here and crying about it. Nor do I want to see other people get scammed into buying an unlocked Wind 9700 that will only work on Rogers' EDGE.

Always check on Howard Forums before considering any cellphone purchases, or carrier changes! http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601281
    Thanks I actually came across this a few minutes ago as well.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by blinkme_210

Don't apologize for the caps man, I wanna thank you instead. I am sure you're gonna save a lot of people a lot of grief when they read this.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

How is the GPS function on this new blackberry? Do you have to pay for it or is it free when you get the phone through lets say Rogers?

I haven't had a blackeberry for a while so I am clueless. I have an iphone, which has the GPS that comes for free with the phone. Is it the same for this new Bold?

EDIT: Just saw the AT&T version on youtube regarding the GPS on this and it looks like they have their own AT&T navigator built in on the phone. Would it be something similar to the 9700 for Rogers? I've been searching on google for a bit now and I still got no luck. Either that or I really suck at searching. Either way it would be really nice to hear from actual local people who have this phone.
    Last edited by JordanAndrew; 12-17-2009 at 11:47 PM.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

^^^Nevermind, I guess I do suck at searching because it's on the Rogers.com website.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast