Quantcast
Bold 9700 out for rogers - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bold 9700 out for rogers

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by dino_martini

The 9700 has, a great keyboard, wifi, a great camera, 3g, and the trackpad.

The best of EVERYTHING that RIM has to offer in its traditional BlackBerry form factor (Read: Not Touchscreen)
    Unfortunately, it is making a concession. This device is still using the old 3.6MBPS modem, even the iPhone 3GS (released in june), has the better 7.2MBPS modem.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by K3RMIT.

it doesnt work for me, so i downloaded the visions app for youtube
    Perfect! I'll pass this app along to those having the same issue on hofo. Thanks!
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    Perfect! I'll pass this app along to those having the same issue on hofo. Thanks!
    The YouTube problem seems to have fixed itself. I know I couldn't load YouTube videos over the weekend too.

Just got my storm 2! Yeah baby!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by blinkme_210

The YouTube problem seems to have fixed itself. I know I couldn't load YouTube videos over the weekend too.
    Seems to still be there after trying it just now. Maybe an OS update later will fix mine? Hopefully? haha or maybe an excuse to exchange.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by scat19

Unfortunately, it is making a concession. This device is still using the old 3.6MBPS modem, even the iPhone 3GS (released in june), has the better 7.2MBPS modem.
    Its not a concession if you are a person who will only buy a BlackBerry, which a ton of people are like that.

War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by dino_martini

Its not a concession if you are a person who will only buy a BlackBerry, which a ton of people are like that.

I don't understand your logic? I understand these speeds are hard to get in real world, but I can theoretically do everything twice as fast? It IS a concession. It would of been just as easy to get the latest BB up to date with modems wouldn't you think.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah Scat I see what you're saying. But not everyone cares about tethering either. If my plan didn't included it, I sure as hell wouldn't be paying extra for it.
    Ultracrepidarian

Anyone experiencing stuck keys?
    Originally posted by JustinGTP
    I ran past the Toyota display and when they asked why I was running through I said it was because I couldn't stop. Hahaha.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by scat19

I don't understand your logic? I understand these speeds are hard to get in real world, but I can theoretically do everything twice as fast? It IS a concession. It would of been just as easy to get the latest BB up to date with modems wouldn't you think.
    I don't think you read my original post correctly. I said that among every BlackBerry there has been a concession, I've bolded what I feel was the concession for you:

Bold - Shitty camera, great keyboard, wifi, 3G
    Tour - Great camera, great keyboard, no wifi, 3G (sort of if people want to argue that)
    Curve 8900 - Great camera, great keyboard, wifi, no 3G
    Storm - Great camera, awkward onscreen keyboard, no wifi, 3G

So now, Bold 9700: Great camera, great keyboard, 3G, WiFi, Trackpad, great size and feel.

This is the BlackBerry where it has everything you want, the best of what RIM has to offer for now

I'm not comparing iPhone and BlackBerry. I'm saying among BlackBerry smartphones the 9700 is the best one so far, essentially nothing that you can say "man I wish that the Bold 9700 has this feature of the BlackBerry Curve or Storm or Tour."

^ That's how I understood your original post.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    996TT

I've had the 8330, bold 9000, curve 8900.

This one is the best out of all of them. I haven't had any problems with stuck keys or anyhting like that. And the battery life is awesome!

Originally posted by Ek9Max
    I've had the 8330, bold 9000, curve 8900.

This one is the best out of all of them. I haven't had any problems with stuck keys or anyhting like that. And the battery life is awesome!
    Hmmph, i must be the unlucky one of the bunch hahaha. i just gave a call to rogers, and they should be replacing my 9700 next week.

The battery life on this compared to the old bold is crazy. hahaha, carrying the phone charger with my is no longer nessasary

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I finally got sme extended play time with the 9700 and it is a great device, love the trackpad but I really miss the size of the 9000. I think RIM should jave branded this device a curve and released a larger device as a true bold successor. Other wise the 9700 is awesome

Anyone on here work at Rogers store? Looking for a 9700 but no stores have any at the moment. Just curious when they'll be getting more.
    ---

My Ride
    is in the works.

Do you think they will drop the price soon to match Telus's or Bell's price?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I just got a Blackberry Bold 9700 from Telus (glad they finally have SIM cards), and I can't seem to setup the e-mail. It just says "Your e-mail account is already activated for enterprise use".

Anyone know what that even means? I tried searching online but no solutions.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I just got a Blackberry Bold 9700 from Telus (glad they finally have SIM cards), and I can't seem to setup the e-mail. It just says "Your e-mail account is already activated for enterprise use".

Anyone know what that even means? I tried searching online but no solutions.
    Are you trying to get into the BIS panel? (http://telus.blackberry.com) It should work regardless of what plan you're set-up on, but perhaps Telus gave you a BES-enabled plan instead of a BIS plan?

Be more specific - where are you seeing this error? On the handset or on the e-mail set-up page?

For those that don't know:
    BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Server (corporate)
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service (consumer)
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    Are you trying to get into the BIS panel? (http://telus.blackberry.com) It should work regardless of what plan you're set-up on, but perhaps Telus gave you a BES-enabled plan instead of a BIS plan?

Be more specific - where are you seeing this error? On the handset or on the e-mail set-up page?

For those that don't know:
    BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Server (corporate)
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service (consumer)
    From the Blackberry:

Menu -> Setup Wizard -> Email Setup -> "Your email account is already activated for enterprise use."

I would need to call Telus to see if it's BES or BIS, but my rate plan is "Smart 65 - Double mins. with Package 15 for unlimited text. If they did indeed give me a BES, it would be an error since it was quite obvious to them I would want BIS.

My Ride
    G

anyone having trouble switching devices? I tried using the device switch app in desktop manager and it backed everything up from my bold 9000 and loaded it to the 9700. But then it says something about new device doesn't support onboard memory or something and my contacts didn't load and a bunch of other stuff

edit just did a restore after and my contacts showed up but none of my old apps like googlemaps show. Then I go to Options>>Applications and all my programs are there but all i can do is edit permissions. Anyone help with this?
    Last edited by JC522; 11-15-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast