Quantcast
Flames getting h1n1 shots ahead of the needy - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames getting h1n1 shots ahead of the needy

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Pahnda
    Whenever I see people freaking out about H1N1 I can only imagine how scared they are when they see their own shadow.
    Awesome quote

Originally posted by JordanEG6

My office is setting up a clinic to get ours instead of standing in line. Are you going to hate me for it?

It's not just the Flames getting the shots before everyone else. People should just stop bitching because they can't get their shot right away. It's all hype anyway. I had it a couple weeks ago, couldn't move for 2 days and stayed home from work for 8 days, I'm fine now and back to work. All flus, mild or major, should be treated with rest and regular medical attention, and in most cases, not much else.
    i dont think i once said i hated anyone? relax.

although i do find your comment about your office setting up a clinic interesting, seeing as though they just fired the person in charge of setting up the flames clinic today... must be down the road your work in setting up this clinic?

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

Whenever I see people freaking out about H1N1 I can only imagine how scared they are when they see their own shadow.
    Sure the flu isn't comfortable, but it's the f-ing FLU! It's not the next black plague...
    do u have kids? Most us adult can handle things like that, but a child?? little kids dont know what to do, they dont know how to make them selves feel better... and for the most part no parent knows what is hurting them, a 6 month old or a one year old or even a 2 year old can't tell you whats hurting... as a parent you can only assume and try your best to make them feel better.... so ya, a flu may be only uncomfortable to you, but to a child or even a parent to a child, it can be really hard...

or pregnant people, the flu's can be very dangerous to them AND their unborn child...

Originally posted by LittleAngel
    I agree flames should be given the shot because of their risk group, but why a special clinic?? why cant they wait in line like everyone else? I have a 1 year old and i havnt got her the shot yet because there is no way she would last for over an hour in line... and she is high risk group...
    This is where the distribution planning failed. This is on AHS for not having a good plan in place given the circumstances. They should of had high priority cases only from the beginning so your child could get it without lining for hours on end or at least a few dedicated clinics that would only do high risk people and not everyone. The Flames organization followed the rules allowed by AHS and are now being dragged through the media circus for it.

My office is setting up a clinic to get ours instead of standing in line. Are you going to hate me for it?

It's not just the Flames getting the shots before everyone else. People should just stop bitching because they can't get their shot right away. It's all hype anyway. I had it a couple weeks ago, couldn't move for 2 days and stayed home from work for 8 days, I'm fine now and back to work. All flus, mild or major, should be treated with rest and regular medical attention, and in most cases, not much else.
    According to all a lot of comments I have read yes you should but you won't since you are not a professional athlete.

Companies have had private clinics for employees for ages. My work used to have it every year at work if we wanted it. Just go down to the appointed room and get your shot. Due to the hysteria though H1N1 vaccine is of course more sought after which is what is causing all this lack of supply and whining.

I realize they are saying this is a more virulent strain of flu so they recommend people who wouldn't normally get immunized to get it but the this is nothing new. Flu mutates and is slightly different all the time which is why we have yearly vaccine shots for it so why all this media hype over H1N1 version of it?

Found this link through a quick google search. Not sure about how solid this source is but according to the article there are 700 to 2500 deaths attributed to influenza in Canada every year. There have been 100 deaths due to H1N1 across Canada since May so we are in the range of 200/year at this rate. It sucks that it happens but compared to the Spanish flu of 1918, that killed 50 million, this is a nothing pandemic if you can even call it that at this point.

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/168/6/761-a
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

Sure the flu isn't comfortable, but it's the f-ing FLU! It's not the next black plague...
    You may want to read up on the Spanish flu pandemic in the early 1900's. Millions died. Pandemic influenza is nothing to fuck around with. H1N1 has the potential to be bigger than that because of global mobility. More people travel to more places faster than any time in history.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

i dont think i once said i hated anyone? relax.

although i do find your comment about your office setting up a clinic interesting, seeing as though they just fired the person in charge of setting up the flames clinic today... must be down the road your work in setting up this clinic?

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
    That shouldn't have been done at all. To be honest, it seems like a quick preemptive decision to get the public and media off their back.

Companies have been setting this type of shit up for a long time for any type and form of influenza. This time is no different. It's just people like you that are hyping it up to something that isn't a huge deal. Thousands die from a flu and it's complications every year. H1N1 is no different, it's just now, everyones getting infected from the same strain. People are making it a big deal because they watch too much TV.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Wow. Instead of using their resources to better plan and facilitate this vaccination, the AHS decides to target a group of athletes and one of its senior official thereby creating a media circus out of it. So much for doing the right thing.

do u have kids? Most us adult can handle things like that, but a child?? little kids dont know what to do, they dont know how to make them selves feel better... and for the most part no parent knows what is hurting them, a 6 month old or a one year old or even a 2 year old can't tell you whats hurting... as a parent you can only assume and try your best to make them feel better.... so ya, a flu may be only uncomfortable to you, but to a child or even a parent to a child, it can be really hard...

or pregnant people, the flu's can be very dangerous to them AND their unborn child...
    I understand your concern for your child. From what I have read though children are capable of fighting it off just as well as adults can. It has been mentioned that most deaths in children and adults have been traced back to other underlying conditions on top of H1N1.

My wife is pregnant so I was very interested to see the effects of H1N1 on pregnant women and unborn children were. There does not seem to be consensus on whether the virus can cross the placenta or not. I read that it can't so the baby should be fine but I have not read anything definitive on it. However, it is of risk to the mother since they are already weakened from carrying the child and are unable to take medications for them to help fight of diseases if they become infected.

My Ride
    U Don't Want To Know

Originally posted by Quizzes
    That's great. Kipper is sick now... hope some of you are happy. LOL
    Hope one of ur family member get H1N1 and u can sit there cheer for flames Idiot

My Ride
    is in storage, due to the recession!!!

x10

Originally posted by Raven_R1

Hope one of ur family member get H1N1 and u can sit there cheer for flames Idiot
    WTF???
    So... the chances of one of my family member getting H1N1 is the result of the Flames getting vaccinated first?

Don't ever wish ill on my family, asshole!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I hope one day you'll learn to properly learn the English language. Until then, hopefully you're ostracised and prevented from using internet message forums.

Lurch moar, post less.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I understand your concern, but that goes with everyother flu or disease. I dont understand why people are putting H1N1 up on this pedastal. There is shortage because people do exactly that. Tons of people die from flus and flu related complications every year.

But that's beside the point. The Flames shouldn't be singled out on such an issue that shouldn't even be an issue.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    U Don't Want To Know

Originally posted by Seanith

I hope one day you'll learn to properly learn the English language. Until then, hopefully you're ostracised and prevented from using internet message forums.
    Sorry i dont need you to understand. Im not talking to you

I understand your concern, but that goes with everyother flu or disease. I dont understand why people are putting H1N1 up on this pedastal. There is shortage because people do exactly that. Tons of people die from flus and flu related complications every year.

But that's beside the point. The Flames shouldn't be singled out on such an issue that shouldn't even be an issue.
    well i am a concered parent, thats all. I get my child all her vaccines recommended to her. i know there are many deaths per year from flu's, that is why i get her flu shot since she was 6 months old and will continue every year. the way i see it is if i never got her shots and something happened to her and i could have prevented it i could never forgive myself, i would die. so as a mother, in my belief, that is what i have to do... Remember, no 1 year old know how to wash their hands... she is in dayhome and there are 7 other kids their that i highly doubt wash their hands either... well... maybe a few.

and dont get me wrong, im not hating on hte flames. Its the health system that authorized to do this, and im not just talking about them authorizing the flames, its about them saying "the vaccine is only for the high risk groups" and then they just let anyone in, then the clinics get shut down for 5 days cuz there is a shortage.. its just frustrating...

if they are going to authorize private clinics then i think they best be sure that they can do it for many more companies and there isnt a shortage! I work with customers face to face everyday just like many other people in this world, which makes us all just at risk as the flames are...

oh well, whats done is done and more vaccines on the way next week

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Originally posted by HHURICANE1

You may want to read up on the Spanish flu pandemic in the early 1900's. Millions died. Pandemic influenza is nothing to fuck around with. H1N1 has the potential to be bigger than that because of global mobility. More people travel to more places faster than any time in history.
    We haven't progressed in respect to general cleanliness and living standards or anything, hey?

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I still dont get it. So 300,000 people got the shot and out of the people that got the shot only 30% needed it right away. I think I was reading those numbers somewhere.

So does that mean that 200,000 people in Calgary should be at fault with the calgary flames? Should they have fired all the flu clinic staff that put these people through?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

This thread pisses me off.

The purpose of the vaccine is to prevent the spread of the virus, if it was to prevent YOU from getting sick it would be in a drug store for 19.99.

What do the flames do, beside travel across North America and do public appearances? It would make sense to me to vaccinate the shit out of all sports players.

No one seemed to have an issue until we ran low on the vaccine and that happened because people lined up who were not in the risk groups lets blame them, at least the Flames are preventing the spread of the virus to all the fans, other teams, Flight attendants, airport personal, taxi drivers, hotel staff, hospitality industry workers and several others.

If this was the cast of Hairspray that was traveling to all city's i would be supporting them too.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast