Quantcast
Cuba vs. Mexico - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cuba vs. Mexico

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What made you decide between Cuba and Mexico, and not say Puerto Rico, St.Lucia, St.Martin etc? I was in Antigua for 5 weeks, the place is gorgeous and the people are fantastic. The island is small and you can travel across it and back more than once in a day if you wish; lots to do! Plus, no one is hassling you to buy shit like in Mexico, it's fucking ridiculous there. It is funny to see the how much shit one guy back hold on his back walking down the beach though!

Edit: Found some pics of Antigua I still have.

Last edited by msommers; 11-04-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

^^^ all of the above are 3 times the cost. well maybe not puerto rico. I stayed there a while back it was ok. Id never go back.

If you want a kick ass vacation go to Atlantis paradise hotel in Nassua

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Vmax

Cuba is great, its like a trip back in time.

Maybe not for a group of guys but as a place to sight see with the wife you can't go wrong. Make sure you tour a cigar factory, its old school.

Its as close to what the world was like 50 years ago as you can get for 1000$ per week and a direct flight from YYC.

The people are really nice.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

awesome, the wife and I are planning a January vacation, and I think we'll try Cuba this time...

Cuba is a really popular destination from NS. I've had a lot of friends and family go there, and they always love it. Never any real complaints on the food.

Just about any country has good and bad when it comes to resorts/hotels/people/beaches, etc.

The most important part is doing the research and knowing what you're gonna get BEFORE you get there.

It also helps to only stay in 5 stars

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Instead of creating a new thread might as well revive this one..

A bunch of us are planning on heading down to either Cuba or Mexico for a friends bachelor party. Just wanted to get an updated perspective on what's better; Cuba or Mexico? We were thinking Varadero or Cancun. We are planning on partying but wouldn't mind a more laid back atmosphere, which it sounds like is found in Cuba.

Just wanted to get some insight and maybe if there is some websites you guys can point me towards that would be great as well
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

The joke you always hear is "the best Cuban food you'll ever find is in the US."

I've been to Mexico 4 times, and once to Cuba (Varadero). I don't think I'd go to Cuba again. It's just really expensive currency wise and costs for things when you get there, and you can't argue with the sketch factor of being in an impoverished communist country. That being said I'm glad i was able to make it out there and see it at least once in my life. Definitely a different experience.
    Last edited by Seanith; 01-13-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I go down to Puerto Vallarta several times a year, and have been to many other cities in Mexico as well.
    If you are looking for something quiet and slow, just make sure you dont go and stay in a place like Cancun. It all depends on what you are looking for... Big Party, all you can drink and getting laid or quiet, romantic, relaxing deserted beaches.

My Favs:

Most of the big cities have good party places
    1. Cancun (by far... but its the most Americanized as well)
    2. Puerto Vallarta (Personal Fav, but not as popular with Spring break crowd))
    3. Acalpulco

Queit:
    1.Tulum (Outside of Cancun, small private quiet beaches)
    2. Punta Mita/Bucerias (30 mins outside of PV)
    3. Sayulita-Small Surf/fishing village... Quite busy at Christmas and Easter, but pretty chill any other time. Hr away from PV

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by Seanith
    you can't argue with the sketch factor of being in an impoverished communist country.
    I actually felt much safer because of this, if anyone touched a tourist they'd probably get shot. I walked through many shady areas with my Mom (who isn't normally a risk taker) without a second look from anyone.

Go to Cuba just to see Havana, its one of the coolest cities I've ever been to.

Although for your money, you do generally get more bang for your buck resort-wise in Mexico.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by msommers
    [B]What made you decide between Cuba and Mexico, and not say Puerto Rico, St.Lucia, St.Martin etc? I was in Antigua for 5 weeks, the place is gorgeous and the people are fantastic. The island is small and you can travel across it and back more than once in a day if you wish; lots to do! Plus, no one is hassling you to buy shit like in Mexico, it's fucking ridiculous there. It is funny to see the how much shit one guy back hold on his back walking down the beach though!
    No doubt. Well worth it. St. Lucia is cool.

I'd personally choose the Virgin Islands, mostly because you don't get the low income crowds. There aren't miles of screaming children, crappy buffet food, shady beach vendors, and Jetskis whipping all over the beaches.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

For a party trip Cancun is a much better choice than Cuba. Cuba is a great place to go to disconnect from the rest of the planet.

I'm glad I got to see it before it's opened up to the Americanos because due to it's location, once that happens it will just be another party spot for the US college crowd. As in Cancun.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2