Quantcast
Parking at the U of C - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Parking at the U of C

Default Parking at the U of C

Some questions about parking at the U of C.
    • Where is a good place to park near the Math Sciences building on weekdays? I'm guessing the Haskayne or ENGG lot?
    • I hear a lot about this church with a parking lot.... What is its name or address?
    • How much does it cost to park at a train station (ie: Dalhouse station) on weekdays?
    • Where is a good place to park if you're only coming on campus for an hour?
    • Is there anything cheaper than $4 on campus for a full day of parking? I'm willing to wake up really early. (5am)

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I just bought my first vehicle I've been parking at a lot near the Haskayne on M,W ($4/day) and Dalhousie station for free on Saturday.
    Last edited by vinc456; 11-06-2009 at 10:32 AM.

St. David's Church, students usually park on the side of the road where the LRT bridge is or a bit further in some residental areas as well. 2 hour parking there

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Default Re: Parking at the U of C

[*] I hear a lot about this church with a parking lot.... What is its name or address?
    there's 2. one north of 32nd ave, one north of 24th ave. you can see both from crowchild.[*] How much does it cost to park at a train station (ie: Dalhouse station) on weekdays?
    $3 6am-2pm[*] Where is a good place to park if you're only coming on campus for an hour?
    there's 2 hour parking across the university station. these are free.[*] Is there anything cheaper than $4 on campus for a full day of parking? I'm willing to wake up really early. (5am)
    on campus, nope. $4 is cheapest at lot 10,11,32. there's free all day street parking along the street that goes into brentwood (there's only like 8 spots now that they put in no parking signs) and there's a few across from the univ train station as well (north side of that street is all day, south side is 2 hr)

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Is there anything cheaper than $4 on campus for a full day of parking? I'm willing to wake up really early. (5am)
    On the east side of the Banff Trail station (one stop for the Uni), there is plently of free all-day parking in the residential zone (1.5/2 blocks walk from the station).

My Ride
    Acura EL

Parking at train stations cost $3 until 6pm on weekdays, then its free till 2am. Free all day on saturdays, sundays and holidays.

If I were you I would look into getting a pass for the McMahon lot for next year (they sell them in August if I remember). They are significantly cheaper if you're at the university every day. The walk isn't too bad, and you can usually catch a bus going up university drive anyway.