Quantcast
Fountain tire 4 for 3 sale - how often? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fountain tire 4 for 3 sale - how often?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Fountain tire 4 for 3 sale - how often?

Ok, I know I missed the most recent Fountain Tire 4 for 3 sale, it ended around haloween.
    Anyone know how often they run these? Is it twice a year?
    The tires I want for my Expedition are goodyears, and the 4 for 3 deal is substantially better than anything I can work though my limited hookups.
    if they won't have one till spring, I might just suck it up, since I need some better tread for winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

From my previous experience with Fountain Tire, their tires are very expensive as compared to the smaller shops. Even with the 4 or 3 gimmick, their prices are probably around the same as the unadvertised everyday prices of the smaller shops. Shop around.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good tip especially if you are open to using other brands.
    If you have your heart set on goodyears, the 4 for 3 is actually a pretty decent deal.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I actually bought a really good set of goodyears 2 or so years back, never had any problems, and bought them from Fountain tire - at a really good price.

No promotion going on, but went in with a good attitude, and the worker took about $100 off the total price. RAD!

Id reccommend them again, no i dont work for Fountain Tire, but i would definitely go back.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

2x per year

Sept-Oct
    April-May

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by cloud7
    From my previous experience with Fountain Tire, their tires are very expensive as compared to the smaller shops. Even with the 4 or 3 gimmick, their prices are probably around the same as the unadvertised everyday prices of the smaller shops. Shop around.
    I've actually found the opposite assuming you are looking for Goodyears.

They run the promo once in the spring and once in the fall.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

they doing a 100 bucks off deal right now...

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

thanks to Boat and Masked Bandit f9or answering my question.
    I don't think I can wait till spring, so I'll be going through a less cheap hookup.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Really old thread bump, but I find myself looking at tires again, and it's that time of year . . . .

Fountain Tire 4-for-3 event on soon:
    Buy Four Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor, Assurance Tripletred All-Season Or Ultra Grip Ice WRT Tires For The Price Of Three From September 17 - October 13, 2012.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Nice, I was looking at getting some Goodyear ultra grips. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit
    Checked out the website, its only $50 less than tirerack, shipped, but that price includes mounting and balancing at FT. Good deal
    Last edited by btimbit; 09-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

From my research, if it's a tire you are interested in, the 4-for-3 sale is one of the best deals out there.

I have heard rumours that some of the tire shops in Montana can do a better deal, but it's not a slam dunk, and you'll spend a weekend driving to get it.

Tire Rack is another option, but if you have to pay locally for mounting, less attractive.

UrbanX can do some great deals, so be sure to check with them as well. They also provide good advice in my expereince.

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

My experience with UrbanX has been really positive so far.

I dropped by the north location to talk to Bob back in July as I was trying to figure out what to do for winters. I went back last week and he remember who I was, and the tires we were talking about. He set me up with new winters and wheels for a great price (I think there may have been a beyond discount in there too).

Will be getting tires and wheels installed next week, so I'll write another quick note about that!

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I've heard a lot of good things about Urban X but both locations are so far away for me. Maybe the next time I'm in the area i'll pop in to see what they have to offer

Honestly, Urban X it. They're awesome! Even my mom loved their services.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Does Urban X sell Goodyear stuff? It doesn't look like it from their website so I'm guessing not but you never know.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Does Urban X sell Goodyear stuff? It doesn't look like it from their website so I'm guessing not but you never know.

they do
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Heads up to any southerners, go to the Fountain Tire in Okotoks, it's about $100 cheaper (total) and if you live as far south as I do, also quicker and easier to get to than the one on MacLeod Tr.
    Last edited by btimbit; 09-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I was at UrbanX the other day and heard them discussing Goodyear tires. Apparently Fountain Tire has an exclusive deal with Goodyear so UrbanX can't get the deals that you could get at Fountain Tire.

That being said, I would go with UrbanX for their customer service over anything else. This is probably the first time in my life when I have actually been blown away by the customer service at a store.

As mentioned I went in to the store in early July to talk about getting winter tires and met with Bob. He was super friendly and super helpful and even though I didn't purchase tires then he gave me his card and told me to drop in or give him a call if I had any questions.

I ended up deciding to go with UrbanX and went back last week to order the tires. I had to go with new rims because I couldn't get steelies for my tire size. Bob suggested putting my summers on the new rims and the winters on my old ones and told me that he wouldn't charge me extra to do an 8 wheel swap (also there was some mention of a beyond discount). We set up an appointment for this Friday and I was on my way.

I found out on Monday that I might have to go out of town for work on Friday so I called in and talked to Lorne and got my appointment bumped ahead and got an appointment for Tuesday instead. When I arrived Lorne had already put my new winter tires on my new rims and when I told him that the plan was to swap all 8 tires he went and got the job done right away. It took them 45 minutes to swap all 8 tires and mount and balance them!!

As I was leaving I chatted with Bob about studding my winters and he said they could do that if I just brought them back in and gave him some time. Today I went back to the store to get my tires retourqued and dropped off the tires to be studded. As I was about to leave Bob came out and told me that the tires I had order couldn't be studded (they had a V speed rating instead of a T), but that he would just get me in the other tires and trade them out so they could be studded at no additional cost. I was just amazed at how the shop operates, such good customer service and such nice guys! Will be recommending to everyone I know who needs tires!

TL;DR - Bought new winter tires and rims; had to do a full 8 tire swap, no extra charge; decided to stud tires, but tires couldn't be studded; Bob switched my tires to ones that could be studded for no addition cost

Pic of new wheels (A6 RTX Replicas)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I guess it's getting to be that time of year ago Looking at getting som Hakk 7's but not sure if Kal-Tire has the rights on them.

Not sure if my Duratracs are gonna hold up very well in the winter now that the studs are basically gone. My co-worker and I are hoping to get a deal if we order a full set + spare each at the same time, possibly wishful thinking.
    Last edited by msommers; 09-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by msommers
    I Not sure if my Duratracs are gonna hold up very well in the winter now that the studs are basically gone. My co-worker and I are hoping to get a deal if we order a full set + spare each at the same time, possibly wishful thinking.
    I heard the Duratracs are pretty good in the winter. Have you only ran them studded?
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast