So I know we have one (maybe a couple) doctors browsing on here. Someone may also just simply have insight for me.

I broke my ankle at age 16. Got a screw put in my foot. Fast forward about 7 years and I start getting pain in my foot and doctor says screw needs out.

Most came out. But the surgeon broke it and left a piece of it in my foot. I would like to add I didn't find out about the botched removal of the hardware until it started hurting again.

I had bone scans, white blood cell scans and more xrays which showed some inflamation.

Now here's the kicker. I am now getting pain in my foot, yet again...But this time it's much worse and much different. Feels almost like being stabbed by needles all throughout my ankle. Also feels like my foot is burning from the inside out.

Now from the scans I had done there wasn't enough inflamation to cause any alarm. But this pain is recurring quite often, usually while driving. But now more often than not it happens while just laying in bed, walking or just sitting somewhere.

They've ruled out infection and they didn't find anything to cause alarm. But I am definitely in alot of pain, quite often now and it's driving me wild.

Also was told to most likely rule out arthritis. So I'm running out of ideas here. My doctor ran out of ideas 3 visits ago. He had told me to go see the surgeon who operated me last time but after his very obvious success removing the screw I am reluctant to see him again...