Quantcast
What would you say to a Soldier? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you say to a Soldier?

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Default What would you say to a Soldier?

For Rememberance Day my work is putting together a poster with messages that will be sent to the troops in Kandahar, Afganistan.

I am coflicted on what to write. Something to make them smile? inspirational? Humorous?

Looking for input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Thank you for doing a thankless job.

Thank you for doing a job that most are not strong enough to do.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I don't know you.

You don't know me.

I am humbled that you have risked yourself to ensure my continued safety and way of life. You are a true Canadian, and I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I don't know you.

You don't know me.

I am humbled that you have risked yourself to ensure my continued safety and way of life. You are a true Canadian, and I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.
    Well said.

These men and women represent the hopes of an entire national of people from all walks of life. Their efforts are symbolic of Canada's continued efforts and beliefs.

I'm glad the OP is taking his task seriously.

"Your courage is duty bound, your paycheck is forcefully extracted from the citizens you claim to be protecting, you are involved in an unjust *edited* war."

I don't define courage as following orders, or signing up for a mission that you have no clue what you are getting into.
    I call that blind stupidity.
    End the war and bring the troops home, it's not worth the sacrifice.

Your mother raised you and gave up vast amounts of her time and money raising you to have a mind and a future, and you blow that all away by allowing yourself to be shipped on into the desert to die.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Originally posted by TurboD
    "Your courage is duty bound, your paycheck is forcefully extracted from the citizens you claim to be protecting, you are involved in an unjust undeclared war."

I don't define courage as following orders, or signing up for a mission that you have no clue what you are getting into.

Not quite the point of the thread.

My Ride
    93 integra

Thank you. Enough said right there.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

I'm going to have to go with TurboD on this one.

"Your courage is duty bound, your paycheck is forcefully extracted from the citizens you claim to be protecting, you are involved in an unjust undeclared war."

Your mother raised you and gave up vast amounts of her time and money raising you to have a mind and a future, and you blow that all away by allowing yourself to be shipped on into the desert to die.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I celebrate remembrance day to honor those of WW2. Todays wars are unecessary and a waste of human lives and ressources.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I celebrate remembrance day to honor those of WW2. Todays wars are unecessary and a waste of human lives and ressources.
    On the topic of real courage, a lot of the time the rare courage is the courage to stand up and speak the truth in the face of heavy scrutiny.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    that exact thing was just said in a convo in my office... so true.

My Ride
    GTI

You're thinking of the Iraq war, not Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is supported by the international community.

Originally posted by Hakkola
    supported by the international community.
    Care to expand on this?
    Maybe a link?

My Ride
    93 integra

I believe I read that Canada was now getting ready to remove all forces and equipment from Afghanistan.

Thank you for greasing a bunch of illiterate goat f*ckers, so they don't come over to Canada and compete with my government in the removal of my freedoms.

Also, thank you for ensuring the value of my general dynamics shares.

Your sacrifice is very appreciated.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Wow. You, sir, are an idiot.

Truth be known, I never agreed with Canada going over there in the first place. I felt it would make the target on Canada even bigger than it was when we were simply viewed as a "Western Country". With this said, I still support our troops over there, and have the heart to thank them for risking themselves when they signed up.

Forcefully extracted? Since when? Did anyone put a gun to your head and demand you open your wallet? THAT is forceful extraction. You merely pay your taxes. Call it what it is.

Unjust war? You think that fighting back against those who arbitrarily killed thousands of people on North American soil unjust? Say someone comes up to you and punches you in the face. Are you going to drop your pants and lean over so they can pump your asshole full of jizz too?

Signing up for a mission? You DO realize that once you are signed into the military, you go where they ask you to go... right? Do you know how the military works? It is not like the government put out a courtesy call to the soldiers to ask if they would enjoy participating in an overseas adventure.

You call following orders stupidity? So let me get this straight. You are drafted (As a pussy like you would never be in the military in the first place) and told you are going overseas. You're just going to say "no"? You do realize that is actually against the law right? So in order for these people NOT to be viewed as "stupid" in your eyes - they have to break the law. Is the correct? Like any "team", you are expected to buy into the direction and ultimate goal the team has been assembled to do. If one doesn't like being directed, then the military probably isn't something he/she should have signed up for in the first place.

And even IF you had any fucking clue what you were talking about - the OP asked what message you would say to our soldiers. Would you SERIOUSLY send that message? If no, then get the fuck out and stop hijacking the thread with your asshole, uneducated statements. And if you WOULD, then you are simply a bigger asshole than I could even fathom.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

On the topic of real courage, a lot of the time the rare courage is the courage to stand up and speak the truth in the face of heavy scrutiny.
    I'd like to know what you have done to stand up and speak the truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

lol, bring on the flame fest.

@Kloubek

I'm glad you started with an ignorant hateful post so I didn't have to waste my time trying to debate the point with you only to find out you have no brain.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-10-2009 at 01:55 PM.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

If I was drafted because we were getting invaded I'd fight. If I was drafted to invade another country I would leave my country.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

"But many Afghans, he wrote in his resignation letter, are fighting the United States largely because its troops are there -- a growing military presence in villages and valleys where outsiders, including other Afghans, are not welcome and where the corrupt, U.S.-backed national government is rejected. While the Taliban is a malign presence, and Pakistan-based al-Qaeda needs to be confronted, he said, the United States is asking its troops to die in Afghanistan for what is essentially a far-off civil war. "

From Washington Post Oct 26:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102603394.html

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast