Quantcast
What would you say to a Soldier? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: What would you say to a Soldier?

My Ride
    See sig

I'd give em' a fist-bump-explode and hope for no PTSD.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    impreza

This thread is a great example of why countries like the US and the UK have 2 different days.

Armistice / Remembrance / Veterans Day on Nov 11
    Commemorate the sacrifices first made in WW1, then WW2, Korean War, etc.

Memorial Day (US, May 25) / Armed Forces Day (UK, June 27)
    Celebrates military service of the men and women in the armed forces. The UK changed the name from Vets day to AF day to raise awareness and appreciation for those on active duty.

One day to remember the fallen, one day to celebrate the current forces.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Originally posted by TurboD
    "Your courage is duty bound, your paycheck is forcefully extracted from the citizens you claim to be protecting, you are involved in an unjust *edited* war."

I don't define courage as following orders, or signing up for a mission that you have no clue what you are getting into.
    I call that blind stupidity.
    End the war and bring the troops home, it's not worth the sacrifice.

Your mother raised you and gave up vast amounts of her time and money raising you to have a mind and a future, and you blow that all away by allowing yourself to be shipped on into the desert to die.
    You are a fucking bitch and a waste of skin. No matter what the war at hand is about these soldiers are doing what a pussy like you will not. Bottom line.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
    Member since 2003.

mmmmmmmmmmgoy

My Ride
    You Crazy

Remembrance day is for remembering and acknowledging those that fought for our Freedoms in WW2 and prior.

What the fuck do our current troops fighting Americas wars of aggression have to do with remembrance day?

Sad that this holiday is being corrupted and tainted.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 3g4u

You are a fucking bitch and a waste of skin. No matter what the war at hand is about these soldiers are doing what a pussy like you will not. Bottom line.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
    Fuck That.

Of course they are doing what I would not.... they are supporting the US War Criminal government in its unilateral and aggressive foreign policy.

There is nothing noble or admirable in their status as hired thug and mercenary.

If OUR Freedom was REALLY EVER in jeopardy, I would be lined up to fight.... WITHOUT the need for a paycheck.

If remembrance day has come to this.... you'll never see a poppy on me again, despite the fact both my grandparents fought in Nazi occupied territory. My grandfather still has his medals, and a bridge over the Danube named after his division. My Grandma still has shrapnel in her face...

Even SUGGESTING that 'our' soldiers of today are making the same sacrifice as the veterans of WW2 and WW! is a fucking disgrace.
    Last edited by Toma; 11-13-2009 at 12:13 AM.

"I'm a big fan of your work, call of duty is the shit."

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by quazimoto

LOL and once again, you missed a huge key important FACT. The cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were identified on a short list by US intelligence as potential targets for the usage of the nuclear weapons. They even stated in a number of once classified US government documents that these targets WERE NOT to be touched by any military force whatsoever so that the full effects of the nuclear weaponry could be fully tested.

Japan had tried to surrender on six different occasions with only one term, just one, that there monarch system be allowed to continue.

The US was not going accept any for of peace until they were given the opportunity to fully test their nuclear weapons on humans subjects and it's as simple as that. Otherwise why did they not test the weaponry on military installation instead of civilians.

The Nuclear Bomb for militaristic purposes would have been much more appropriately used on IWO JIMA than on two metropolitan areas.

Regardless of what you think, or say the US did commit atrocities on those people who had done nothing wrong, they were people like you or I and were not soldiers. This is why the world was outraged over 9/11 was that it was an atrocious against people who had done nothing wrong just to prove a point to the US government.

Holy fuck! Someone on beyond that knows their history

Originally posted by Toma

If OUR Freedom was REALLY EVER in jeopardy, I would be lined up to fight.... WITHOUT the need for a paycheck.
    lol why bother, in 50 years the world is going to be chinese whether we like it or not

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by dr_dreidel

lol why bother, in 50 years the world is going to be chinese whether we like it or not
    LOL... Chinese, Indian, Muslim....

Who cares....

It's the evolution of things.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 12:49 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Your a bit of a clown to not support Canadian troops, they follow orders... those orders come from your government, the government which you elected.

The general Canadian public is responsible for sending them over there; and contrary to your short sighted remark some of them are making the ultimate sacrifice on your behalf. The least you can do is support them and focus your anger at the people who deserve it.

If you don't like or agree why they are there; then go out and vote for somebody else. Your beef is with the government & the general public's decision to put them into power, not the troops.

The most hypocritical part of your position is that if/when a natural disaster occurs those same troops are going to be the same ones risking their lives to protect others... and some people who criticize them before will turn around and call them heroes; but nothing will have changed. They are still just troops following orders, acting on your behalf.
    Blah blah blah...

Of course that is how it's "SUPPOSED" to be, but you know as well as I do that we have no real say in what happens when it comes to government.

Nazi soldiers.... just following orders?

These wars are not justified, and no person with a level head can say they are. SO blindly following orders cause "ITS YOUR JOB" is not noble, or praise worthy.

And it's a disgrace that the real heros of WW1 and 2 have their memory tainted with this nonsense.

So, I am all for a Remembrance Day on Nov. 11, and if you wanna pay tribute to our military, get your own holiday.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

I thought I would post what I wrote:

"Thank you for doing all that you do. Here at home we get a reset button and no comprehension of the risk you all undertake every day. Best wishes to you all for a speedy and safe return home."
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Also officially we remember all Canadians who have served during war & peace... so perhaps you should get YOUR own island?

Fixed.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6