Quantcast
GF's Bday, except shes a veggie... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GF's Bday, except shes a veggie...

Default Re: GF's Bday, except shes a veggie...

Italian...you can find a nice restaurant with a few good veggie options. Depends how strict she is though I guess. Is she ok with chicken stock which might be used in a mushroom risotto or something?

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Moroccan castle rocks. You might need to man up a bit as some things there are pretty spicy, but really good.

And to finish off a lovely evening, PIITB. Everybody wins!!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Another for Moroccan Castle....soooo good!
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by DJ_NAV
    do not go to buddha's!! u have been warned.
    i would like to know why not to go there. coincidentally, a co-worker of mine just recommended this place to me a few minutes ago. care to elaborate?
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by nj2Type-S

i would like to know why not to go there. coincidentally, a co-worker of mine just recommended this place to me a few minutes ago. care to elaborate?
    Basically if you like eating "fake" food, then by all means go. Otherwise, stay away. They simulate meat, like beef and shrimp, by using meat substitutes of stuff. It sort of-kind-of-looks like it, texture is usually waaaaaaay off, pop in some coloring (the shrimp has insane amounts of coloring) and add in tons of flavourings (I can only assume artificial) until it sort of tastes like it. Usually made of some kind of wheat gluten or similar. I suppose the idea is neat until you actually think about it.

My inlaws love this place, but I think it's fucking sick (I don't mean that in a good way). And expensive too.

+1 for Indian places.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24

Basically if you like eating "fake" food, then by all means go. Otherwise, stay away. They simulate meat, like beef and shrimp, by using meat substitutes of stuff. It sort of-kind-of-looks like it, texture is usually waaaaaaay off, pop in some coloring (the shrimp has insane amounts of coloring) and add in tons of flavourings (I can only assume artificial) until it sort of tastes like it. Usually made of some kind of wheat gluten or similar. I suppose the idea is neat until you actually think about it.

My inlaws love this place, but I think it's fucking sick (I don't mean that in a good way). And expensive too.

+1 for Indian places.
    QFT

its pretty gross

Buddha is gross... and its not healthy(at least from the looks of it... it looks really greasy with coloring etc). A lot of vegetarians are also health cautious... so this would not be a place to go from that standpoint.

My Ride
    Toyota Tercel

I had a bad experience with poor service at Moroccan Castle so I would not recommend it.

We had a big group so that could have been part of the reason but I did not find the food all that memorable either.

If you want to drop some cash, I would suggest Rush which I recently reviewed.

They have some vegetarian options on the menu. You should be able to check it out online.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by canadiandaytona
    Coup on 17th!
    This!!! Best sweet potato wedges I've ever had in my life. Also Moroccan Castle is hit and miss. It's very nice for a couple though, very private and cozy.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

im looking for the best vegetarian restaurant in downtown. any suggestions?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Big T's on Crowchild.

Do it... You wont.

Originally posted by clem24

+1 for Indian places.
    I agree with this review, having spent a month in Taiwan and eating nothing but the real deal in Taiwan/Chinese veggie food I can say Buddha is brutal. Not a day goes by that I do not think about the Taiwan dishes, man they can cook on that island.

I would recommend the Route 40 Soup Company in Turner Valley, I have been there three times and a half dozen other food functions where they were the food providers. The chef's name is Lanny and he is about as passionate about food as anyone I have met.

They have plenty of veggie dishes and meat as well. Give them a call.

I should add they are way more than a soup company, the soups are great really they are so much more than about soups which they retail as well all over the place.

http://www.route40.ca/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2