Quantcast
P/T auto jobs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P/T auto jobs

My Ride
    My Bike

Default P/T auto jobs

Is there any jobs out there for a 15 almost 16 year old wanting to work with cars but hasn't really had any job expierience before? If there is or u got some openings post. Thanx

My Ride
    1999 Alero

yea there is. Try mcdonalds you will get great experience working with cars there!

if your 15 how do drive a lexus IS300?

Riiiiiiiight... I think you will probably have to start from the bottom like everyone else dude.
    I know I wouldnt want a 15 yr old around any of my vehicles, and I doubt either would a lot of the other members on this site.
    I guess drive-through will give you a job and experience with cars........

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Johnny Rockets maybe.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    ferrari enzo.....lol jk

Default Re: P/T auto jobs

Originally posted by iced_out_00
    15 almost 16 year old-work with cars
    that doesnt exist in canada, u gotta start with somthin less suffisticated like cheeseburgers and fries......

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

or you might want to try some fob-owned shop that barely gets customers..i know a guy hes like he works @ Discount Tire and he claims he drove a new BMW 7 series and an AMG into the garage

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Well I did Heavy Duty Mechanic at Sterling Trucks of Calgary through the RAP program (Apprenticeship). I had to start from the bottom of the ladder...sweeping, cleaning...basically being the shop bitch. But after a while they gave me repair jobs, and when they trusted me more, i got to do a Head Gasket on a Volvo semi (which took me 2 weeks) and I finished it. But me being the apprentice I got the shit jobs still (oil changes, driving the semis to fuel up etc...). So what im sayin is, if your intrested in in auto mechanics, heavy duty, welder, etc, i strongly reccomend you apply to be an apprentice. Yes you will start at the bottom doing shit jobs like every nOOb.

My Ride
    Turbo Supra

Yeah i got a job for you, sweep my garage! then when your done ill teach you some stuff about cars then in return your payment will be appreciation for all the knowledge learned!

My Ride
    Turbo Supra

i apologise if i seemed rude or like an ass! i did not mean to all i was meaning to say was that if you can find someone who likes to work on cars and such those are the best people to hang out with at your age, especially when you stand a chance to learn a lot from those people... you may not make any money at first but only the shittiest of mechanics do it for the money!

My Ride
    a wrx.

a place like mr. lube might hire to do oil changes or something..

My Ride
    pedals

you can work at crappy tire. I started at 16. Oil changes and tires. What a fuggin gay job. But for a dude with no liscense you might have to wait a little while. It sounds like thats the kinda job you would like. Its really the only way to work on cars other than your own without apprenticing.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

start at a car wash man... that where i started, now in my auto body apprenticeship
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    My Bike

Yea, i was thinkin bout doin the apprentice thing, it starts in like january at my skool. But thanks for all the feedback. I was thinkin of jsut waiting until the RAP program came around to get a job. That way i'll start at the bottom still, but i'll still make money and make it higher and higher. Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

Do some research on the net, and kinda get into the know about things on car, like really in the know, then go into a shop, and start up a conversation, impress them with all the information you know about cars and thier related systems, and if he don't ask to hire you, then ask him, I went into a shop to get my car fixed and when they fixed it wrong I told they were wrong and they hired me right there, they didn't pay me very good at first but on the first day I did a headgasket change on a car, I learned alot about the process of many jobs and how a garage works(how a real one works were they rip people off, or give em deals). They wanted to hire me at impressions too, but i quite for school, it's all good.

My Ride
    My Bike

Aight, thanks man

My Ride
    2000 prelude

Originally posted by nex
    yea there is. Try mcdonalds you will get great experience working with cars there!
    HELL YEAH BEEN THERE 15 MONTHS AND COUNTING
    Lifes a bitch so be a pimp

My Ride
    2010 Pontiac G3 GT Coupe 1999 Pontiac Sunfire (DD)

yea oil jobs are probally the best place to start plus the pay is really good frind of mine works at a mr.lube makes 8.65 and hour
    It is frustratingly reliable, truly the cockroach of automobiles.

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

A posisition in parts is always good too. It opens doors, you can get familiar with parts then when a posistion opens up in the shop jus giv'er.
    Rev high, ride low.

Default Re: Re: P/T auto jobs

Originally posted by MK3HKS

that doesnt exist in canada, u gotta start with somthin less suffisticated like cheeseburgers and fries......
    actually thats not all true. just this past summer i worked as an auto detailer. and i was 15 then. sooo its really what kind of work you wanna do with cars. just get off your ass and go look around. i also was offered a job at race city but that place is just too far to get out there.

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

Default Re: Re: Re: P/T auto jobs

Originally posted by l/l/rX

actually thats not all true. just this past summer i worked as an auto detailer. and i was 15 then. sooo its really what kind of work you wanna do with cars. just get off your ass and go look around. i also was offered a job at race city but that place is just too far to get out there.
    hook me up with the race city job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast