Quantcast
Airdrie.. awesome speed limits - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Airdrie.. awesome speed limits

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Mar
    One town can't do whatever the hell they want.
    Ever heard of a bylaw?
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    SX2

I live just outside of Airdrie and drive it often and For the first time I just saw a 30 sign posted going into a residential area. I wouldnt have had any clue it was 30 otherwise. No wonder there are are rcmp on every corner..seruiosly what a cash grab

Originally posted by Peacrust
    I live just outside of Airdrie and drive it often and For the first time I just saw a 30 sign posted going into a residential area. I wouldnt have had any clue it was 30 otherwise. No wonder there are are rcmp on every corner..seruiosly what a cash grab
    There are? I have never seen the RCMP doing any sort of speed enforcement out here, especially along 8 St (aka the 1/4 mile) between Yankee Valley Blvd and First Ave. People barrel along there at around 100km/h with regularity in their enormous lifted F250's and other monstrosities, and there isn't a cop in sight.

I think the Sheriffs do all our traffic enforcement out here, contrary to their mandate... kinda sad if you ask me. I have seen them doing Laser more times than I can count, especially in construction zones on the roads leading south from the city.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by Mibz
    Because they read the by-laws before entering another municipality. You think that every rule between the BC and AB Traffic Acts is highlighted with signs? No, it's the responsibility of everybody to know the laws of a location before they travel there.
    You're telling me, before you drive anywhere new, you take a quick run through on that locations by laws? haha yah fucking right.

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Maybe they should have signs, ha.
    I thought someone would have caught this one already. I laughed hard. ha ha.

Originally posted by JfuckinC

You're telling me, before you drive anywhere new, you take a quick run through on that locations by laws? haha yah fucking right.
    Fuck no I don't. But if I get a ticket for breaking those laws I don't bitch about it.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Fuck no I don't. But if I get a ticket for breaking those laws I don't bitch about it.
    lol fair enough.
    I'd be pissed too though. 30? really?

Does anybody know Airdrie traffic by-law 204? You -have- to stop whenever you cross a sidewalk or exit a driveway. Of course nobody from Calgary or Edmonton is gonna know that, but can you be ticketed for it? Hell yeah.
    I am pretty sure that applies here as well. I remember being warned about that when I took drivers ed. For most people it doesn't really apply because they usually park their car on their garage, so they have to stop to close their garage.

This sounds almost as much of a farce as Airdrie Traffic Bylaw 1337: All occupants of a motor vehicle making a left-hand turn must place their heads on the windowsill and roll up the window twice before proceeding.

Airdrie bylaw officer: Hey, you didn't mash up your forehead twice before making the left hand turn.

Calgary driver: Are you F**ked in the head.

Airdrie bylaw officer: I am the law. Now place your head on the windowsill.

Calgary driver: I'm gonna go now...

Originally posted by sweeks
    In Airdrie all speed limits in residential areas is 30 sign or no sign
    haha no way, that's terrible.

My Ride
    KTM

Its not cops or RCMP they are peace officers. They must give out 100 tickets each a day lol i see them in the same spots everyday with people pulled over. The speed limit is 30 in any residential community everywhere else its 50-60 just like Calgary. I find i only go about 40 on those streets anyways...... They usually dont pull you over for 40 when there are Calgary guys driving through at 50 KM plus.

The Alberta Traffic Safety Act says this:

Standard speed limits

106 Subject to a speed limit that is prescribed under section 108 for a highway,
    (c) subject to clause (b)(ii), 50 kilometres per hour is the maximum speed limit for a highway located within an urban area.
    Other speed limits

108(1) In accordance with the following, a road authority may prescribe speed limits that are different from the speed limits established under section 106 or 107:

(c) in the case of a highway or any portion of a highway under the direction, control and management of a council of an urban area, the council may prescribe a maximum speed limit that is higher or lower than 50 kilometres per hour;

(e) in the case of a highway in respect of which a road authority may prescribe speed limits and for which a speed limit is prescribed under this section or section 106, the road authority may for all or any portion of that highway prescribe a lower maximum speed limit by erecting signs along the highway setting out the lower speed limit;

108(3) When speed limits are prescribed pursuant to this section, the road authority or the engineer or other person prescribing the speed limit shall erect signs along the highway indicating the speed limits so prescribed.

So yes, they must post signs. And having lived in Airdrie for the past 2 months, I guarentee you there are signs posted for 30km/hr.

Wow... this just makes Airdrie suck even harder than it already does... weak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2