Quantcast
Omar Khadr Finally standing trial - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Omar Khadr Finally standing trial

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    If you go to war against your own country because you dont like what they are doing.. Then they do this shit to you.. You think you wouldnt play along..

Oh no, Its all good.. Let me out and I'll be good!

...Turns around and plans something much bigger, with the new things he has learned, and the new people he has met.
    QFT

What you think 8 years in Gitmo makes you a calm person? Or a smart sinister son of a bitch with huge plans.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

He'll be well watched while he's in Canada. He'll also be a martyr and gain tons of support from his community. The simple fact that we have people here who will embrace this guy purely on the fact that he killed a US soldier is pretty scary. He'll a hero to many, and that's a sad fact about this country and our policies.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

A lot of people give the nod to the defending country.

Natives get sympathy from many because they were here first. Iraqis were in Iraq first, the US is in no small way the invading force during that war.

That Yemeni woman who sent printer toner bombs to the US is now the invading force. Which makes me sympathetic to the US in that situation.

Discipline should be appropriate to determine who is the pillager and who is the pillagee. Tibet and Mongolia were once the century long pillagers to China (the main reason the great wall was built) That they are passive now - does that means they automatically get free reign? Does Germany deserve to be out of the penalty box for instigating and losing world wars?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

As sad as it is for him being a child and all.
    If youre born in Canada you dont go out and start making bombs to use against them and there allies.
    Thats treason stright.

Now that hes caught he wants to go back to Canada?
    Ya fuck no.

You dont bite that hand that feeds kinda thing.
    Canada woulda helped him guaranteed if he was innocent, but if you see he WAS making bombs to help the enemy.
    He sent out videos and shit of him in these acts.
    Right when he agreed to work for the enemy he was committing treason and is NO LONGER Canadian at all.
    He made his choice, no one else did for him.
    POS should get death for this.

Still, tough call.

I don't think he sided so much with Afghan, as he sided with his father. Which blurs things consdierably.

If the US goes to war against Britain again, who is Canada going to side with? Our neighbors or our heritage?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-30-2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by ZenOps
    If the US goes to war against Britain again, who is Canada going to side with? Our neighbors or our heritage?
    Wouldn't Rob just "shoot 'em all?"

Only if the war was between the French and an Obama led democrat US. Although I hear that he is not too fond of Russian Palin either.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

How many of you who say he's not a victim could resist your own father's indoctrination at age 14 towards fighting in what he believed was a moral cause? I assume they were muslim which I imagine doesn't help with one's ability to reason and resist this kind of indoctrination.

The treason argument is weak. The canadian government is practically a third party to the war in Afghanistan. I'm sure his purpose for being there, which it seems like his father decided, was to defend interests in Afghanistan, not to bring an end to the canadian government. Canadian soldiers have no moral excuse for being in Afghanistan in the first place, they are more terrorist than Khadr.
    Last edited by mx73someday; 10-30-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Originally posted by mx73someday
    How many of you who say he's not a victim could resist your own father's indoctrination at age 14 towards fighting in what he believed was a moral cause? I assume they were muslim which I imagine doesn't help with one's ability to reason and resist this kind of indoctrination.

The treason argument is weak. The canadian government is practically a third party to the war in Afghanistan. I'm sure his purpose for being there, which it seems like his father decided, was to defend interests in Afghanistan, not to bring an end to the canadian government. Canadian soldiers have no moral excuse for being in Afghanistan in the first place, they are more terrorist than Khadr.
    Once you start victimizing you are no longer a victim. I also believe he was 15 when he did this. Dave Chapelle has a good response about that:

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by mx73someday

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6