Quantcast
First time to Vegas - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First time to Vegas

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by 403ep3
    I think its either Newyork, TI, Luxor, or MGM. Depending on how much people wanna pay and if we are actually going to be staying in the hotel.

OP: How much is your budget? Hotel wise.
    I've stayed at NYNY and MGM many times and I would definitly recommend NYNY. Their rooms are just as nice and the atmosphere there is awesome. Younger crowds with people ready to party. The ppl at MGM are significantly older. The pizza place downstairs in the food court is pretty awesome too ( and cheap).

My Ride
    Eclipse

I think its either Newyork, TI, Luxor, or MGM. Depending on how much people wanna pay and if we are actually going to be staying in the hotel.

If you can get TI or the same price or very close you should go there. The location is way better then any other hotel, and it is really nice inside. You also get access into the nightclub (Which sucks, but u can check it out for free)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

+1 for TI, it's location can't be beat - and even their "basic" rooms (last time I stayed) were damn pretty nice inside, and relatively pretty decently priced too!

My Ride
    Audi A4 Quattro

**** yes it was a typo should have read 280 which was about 120 a night plus some sort of taxes to stay at the strat on Fri and Sat.
    They were at 100% occupancy according to the desk person then during the week there lucky to have 40 percent occupancy thus the prices dropping like they do.

My Ride
    93 integra

Mandalay Bay is nice but it's more at the start of the strip so makes it a bit of a walk back drunk but it's worth it. Definitely a nice hotel as any though. I definitely enjoyed the Tropicana as well. A bit older though.

ceasar palaces is nice if u need a call gals....

My Ride
    TDi

I honestly won't be staying in the hotel much but it's nice to have a decent hotel to sleep in and wander around. I can't remember but I know one of the hotes I listed is connected to the fashion show mall
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    08 X5

I honestly won't be staying in the hotel much but it's nice to have a decent hotel to sleep in and wander around. I can't remember but I know one of the hotes I listed is connected to the fashion show mall
    TI

My Ride
    acura integra

Hey,
    not sure on what your budget is but I would also suggest if it's your first time in Vegas to stay on the strip. If your budget is really low and you just want a place to drop your head at night on you could try the Excalibur on the strip. If your willing to spend alittle more like some have said TI is really nice. The beds are amazing there and the rooms have been remodeled so they look very nice.There's a promotion right now to the Excalibur hotel where i plugged in the dates you were going and it works out to be approx. $265 for the 4 nights your there which isn't bad at all and you get to be on the strip. I would stay there for your first trip rather than circus circus.

On the topic of buffets, If you are going to go to the buffet try the spice market buffet it is great. I recently went when I was in Vegas last week and it was really good for breakfast buffet. For breakfast its approx 15 dollars, there are coupons you can print off that will give you 5 dollars off to make the buffet like 10 dollars for breakfast which is great.

Just send me PM if you want any of these links or what not. Hope this helps you out.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

we're going to vegas tomorrow for the first time.. how's the driving in there??
    me and my gf will be staying at mirage for 5 days for $1200(hotel/plane ticket.)
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by redsrt4
    we're going to vegas tomorrow for the first time.. how's the driving in there??
    me and my gf will be staying at mirage for 5 days for $1200(hotel/plane ticket.)
    if you have a car down there, stay off Las Vegas Blvd.. Try to use flamingo/Koval/ Paradise/ tropical/ I-15 to get around...

Go look @ google maps and check the main roads around Las Vegas blvd and where they go, you will waste hours in traffic on Las vegas blvd...
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

Originally posted by Kobe

if you have a car down there, stay off Las Vegas Blvd.. Try to use flamingo/Koval/ Paradise/ tropical/ I-15 to get around...

Go look @ google maps and check the main roads around Las Vegas blvd and where they go, you will waste hours in traffic on Las vegas blvd...
    we're renting a car.. we got $22/day mid size car.. as we are going to hoover dam.. thanks for the tip KOBE,,

IS THERE ANY CAR PERFOMANCE SHOP IN THERE JUST LIKE SPEEDTECH???
    Last edited by redsrt4; 11-23-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Last question, since I'm heading down by myself, considering a Hostel... I've read the reviews off of Hostelworld, but anyone know anything about Sin City Hostel? It's close to the strip, only $14 a night. Might meet some people this way....

Are the hoover dam, or grand canyon must see's?

Originally posted by natejj
    Last question, since I'm heading down by myself, considering a Hostel... I've read the reviews off of Hostelworld, but anyone know anything about Sin City Hostel? It's close to the strip, only $14 a night. Might meet some people this way....

am sure someone will approach u there , just prepare 1000 bucks cause that's what they want.. ..

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by redsrt4
    we're renting a car.. we got $22/day mid size car.. as we are going to hoover dam.. thanks for the tip KOBE,,

IS THERE ANY CAR PERFOMANCE SHOP IN THERE JUST LIKE SPEEDTECH???
    I didn't go 2 any car preformance shops, but I know if u drive down flamingo there is a few car places.. I can find out for u if u want.. pm me ur number and ill text u...

Hoover dam is nice, make sure u dont have any drugs on u however since there is a security check.. hopefully the bridge is almost done.. take pics of it I want 2 see how much is done now...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by natejj

If its a hostel between the new strip and old strip you might want 2 reconcider, that place is SKETCHY as hell in the night time...

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I got to ask... why do you want to go to Vegas so badly. Vegas is only good for partying and/or gambling with a bunch of friends and/or money.

It appears you have neither......

ever thought about something else? going down to the Westcoast? hanging out in LA? hollywood?

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    I got to ask... why do you want to go to Vegas so badly. Vegas is only good for partying and/or gambling with a bunch of friends and/or money.

It appears you have neither......

ever thought about something else? going down to the Westcoast? hanging out in LA? hollywood?
    Don't want to come off as a douchebag.. but...

Vegas is all about excess. If I was on a super tight budget and had to stay at a place like a hostel, or even the Stratosphere, I would say fuck it and save up more before I goto Vegas, or just go somewhere else. Vegas is no fun with no money. I am not saying you need to blow thousands and thousands, but you want a decent budget if you want to have a good time. In Vegas, you want to have at least a friend to share the experience with you as well.

I've never even heard of people staying in a hostel in Vegas, lol. There are tons of sketchy fuckers off the strip and it honestly would not be worth your time and money to go to Vegas and stay at a hostel. Even the fucking Mexicans handing out "cards" along the strip are sketchy as fuck.
    Last edited by Impreza; 11-24-2009 at 09:15 AM.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Originally posted by Impreza

Don't want to come off as a douchebag.. but...

Vegas is all about excess. If I was on a super tight budget and had to stay at a place like a hostel, or even the Stratosphere, I would say fuck it and save up more before I goto Vegas, or just go somewhere else. Vegas is no fun with no money. I am not saying you need to blow thousands and thousands, but you want a decent budget if you want to have a good time. In Vegas, you want to have at least a friend to share the experience with you as well.

I've never even heard of people staying in a hostel in Vegas, lol. There are tons of sketchy fuckers off the strip and it honestly would not be worth your time and money to go to Vegas and stay at a hostel. Even the fucking Mexicans handing out "cards" along the strip are sketchy as fuck.
    BINGO!
    Life is a Gamble.

First time to Vegas, going with the family though.

Bellagio, Wynn, or Caesars Palace?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast