Quantcast
Shooting Edge - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Edge

Default Shooting Edge

I'm looking to shoot a gun for the first time and was wondering if Shooting Edge is the one to go to? Anyone have any experience with them? How costly can it get (looking to shoot a rifle and a pistol). It's going to be my first time so I'm not sure what to expect and what I need to know beforehand.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Couple hundred bucks for a decent experience.
    Best one I've been to is in West Ed
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I went a few weeks ago. I ended up shooting a 45, a 9mm and a 12 gauge shot gun with a 7" barrel. (non sawed off)

To be honest, just call them for pricing. There were 2 others with me and I was paying to take a buddy out for his Bday. I feel my memory and my ballparking won't help you as per pricing.

Everything you need to know, will be taught to you before you even touch a gun. The price you pay is also for a safety tutorial prior to shooting.

There are some decent gun guys on here that can get you more advice, but Shooting Edge has their crap together. One call is all you need to get what you are after.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Lease

Expect to pay about $100 - $150 for a reasonably "fun" session. (did a 9mm, about 2 "case" of bullets, a 45mm with 1 case about $130; 1 year ago)

I went this weekend, I usually go once a year for fun.
    Shot a 9mm pistol and a 9mm rifle style gun.

After I was finished I got a 5 pack of 12 gauge shells and tried my hand at the sawed off custom that was mentioned earlier.
    WOW

Funnest gun to shoot ever, it was my first time firing a 12 gauge shotgun and it was amazing.

Everyone in the range shooting 9mm guns just instantly stopped shooting when they heard the loud bang of the shotgun.
    Brought the target up close and blew 4" holes in about 3 different places and had it hanging by a thread at the end.

12 Gauge is highly recommended, has some slight bruising in my shoulder area from only 5 shots.
    Super powerful, one of the funnest times you can have in city limits imo.

Shooting that shotgun felt illegal, it felt like I was doing something that I never thought I could legally do with no firearms license.
    haha
    I LMAO the first shot off, it was so powerful and so loud I just cracked up laughing, everyone in the range thought I was a psycho.
    Maybe they're right...

Last edited by TurboD; 11-15-2009 at 06:53 PM.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

If you like the 12g, get out and shoot some trap or skeet! It takes the experience to a whole other level. I love my Remington 1100
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Like people said, $100-150 for mainly pistols only (decent amount of ammo...will last you about an hour or so.) It will cost less if you are under 18. The first time I went I was under 18, and they did not have a "day pass" fee. I think if you are under 18 now however, there is still a fee...but it is less.

$100-150 and over 18 will give you a decent amount of 9mm's...so you can shoot pistols, the M4 9mm, and UZI 9mm (all the guns are semi auto only, apparently auto is banned from Canada.)

Shotguns/rifle bullets cost substantially more...and cost a fee to take off the shelf.

If you are worried about recoil, suggest using a heavier all steel pistol so recoil is less vs. something like a glock, which is lighter. Ask the people at the desk and tell them you have never shot a gun before, they're pretty helpful.

Originally posted by liquidboi69
    Shotguns/rifle bullets cost substantially more...and cost a fee to take off the shelf.
    I'm 90% sure the 12g is no extra charge to shoot, just the cost of ammo.

It's not considered a rifle, since you shoot the shotgun in the gun range and not the rifle range.

2$ per 12g round
    Well worth it.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by TurboD

After I was finished I got a 5 pack of 12 gauge shells and tried my hand at the sawed off custom that was mentioned earlier.
    WOW

Funnest gun to shoot ever, it was my first time firing a 12 gauge shotgun and it was amazing.

Everyone in the range shooting 9mm guns just instantly stopped shooting when they heard the loud bang of the shotgun.
    Brought the target up close and blew 4" holes in about 3 different places and had it hanging by a thread at the end.

12 Gauge is highly recommended, has some slight bruising in my shoulder area from only 5 shots.
    Super powerful, one of the funnest times you can have in city limits imo.

Shooting that shotgun felt illegal, it felt like I was doing something that I never thought I could legally do with no firearms license.
    haha
    I LMAO the first shot off, it was so powerful and so loud I just cracked up laughing, everyone in the range thought I was a psycho.
    Maybe they're right...

Reading this is EXACTLY what I experienced when I pulled the trigger. There were three elder men shooting in there as well as my two friends and I. The old guys had 9mms, and when I pulled that trigger they stopped and had the WTF thing goin on too. The people watching behind the glass had great looks on their faces as well. The minor bruising showed up on my shoulder as well.

After I stopped the hysterical psycho laugh I stopped and thought in awe that people fuckin' shoot each other with guns like that. Man people are insane!

Even the range officer behind me, he was a new hire and really quiet guy, but when I got the first shot off he was cracking up laughing behind me cause I made such a scene being in complete shock that I was allowed to fire this gun.

After I made the shot and settled down a bit I heard from across the range one guy say "I think he likes it!"

HAHA
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-15-2009 at 08:36 PM.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    If you like the 12g, get out and shoot some trap or skeet! It takes the experience to a whole other level. I love my Remington 1100
    Agreed. Shooting 12 gauge at those clay pigeons all day was one of the funnest times I've had in a while.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by TurboD
    Even the range officer behind me, he was a new hire and really quiet guy, but when I got the first shot off he was cracking up laughing behind me cause I made such a scene being in complete shock that I was allowed to fire this gun.

After I made the shot and settled down a bit I heard from across the range one guy say "I think he likes it!"

HAHA
    Get your hands on a .38 Super, .45 cal, .40, or .357. 12 guage is fun and all, but dude, firing a fucking hand cannon is insane. First time I fired a .38 super it had a holographic sight on it. I drew a line across the targets neck, and it wasn't "pop pop pop", it was "FUCKING BANG MOTHERFUCKER, FUCKING POWER POWER, FUCK YEA BANG BANG". Hahaha.

yes they have a great selection of guns, James is most helpful. Even there is very helpful and knowledgeable.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

They're expensive as hell for what you get! I can't believe it!

$45 for your "day pass"
    $30 and up for a 50 pc box of ammunition, and they don't let you fire normal rounds, it's all expensive copper jacketed shit.

I've chewed through a box in half an hour.

One of their guns front ramp sights on one of their glocks was completely fucked up.. and when I mentioned something, they just twisted it sort of back into place.

If you're looking to blast rounds off for no reason, it's the only place to really go without a license.

If you're trying (with no license) to sort out bad shooting, it's kind of useless, as it's not your pistol and you're not really getting to know your piece.

Neat place, just pretty expensive for what you get. You won't leave without spending $100 for sure.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    CRF 250L

I was there last week with a friend. He has a membership and got me a free pass, but from when I was there a month ago it goes like this:

$50.00 For Range Fee
    - Includes access to all bays (assuming there isn't a course going on, also assuming that the return line thing is actually working)
    - Includes use of any of the range guns, 12 ga, 9mm, pistols, carbines etc... (must shoot range purchased ammo only)

So its 500$ for a yearly membership. (250$ if you get the membership within 2 weeks of taking their PAL course)

The bays aren't ventilated - If you are in there for longer than 5 minutes expect to be choking up black mucus for the next day.

The target return line thingies are always breaking, and sometimes a lot of the bays are 'down for maintenance'

I find it's much more enjoyable to go the provincial range and shoot "Stuff" outside as opposed to a boring paper target inside. but then again, you cant really shoot handguns at the provincial range.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

I was there last year, and was shooting the "Dirty Harry" .44 Magnum. Pretty sure that gun sets off car alarms outside while you're in the range. Couldn't stop giggling.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I haven't been there in years. I remember it being pretty expensive when I was there, and it's more now.
    Well worth it if you haven't done it before though.
    I highly suggest shooting a couple boxes of .22 between centerfire pistols. .22's are fun because they're cheap enough that you can really cycle through them without feeling like you're raping your bank account.
    Also, .22's will do more for your shooting (especially when you're just starting) than anything else because they're easy to handle, and barely have a kickback so it's easy to get over a flinch. You can put more rounds down range without spending your retirement fund, or developing some of the bad habits that come with the bigger calibers.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

www.theshootingedge.com

Man do I LOVE Google...

My Ride

Went there last night! First time i'd ever shot a pistol. Was SO much fun.

The guys running it are super nice and good and explaining everything and made sure that we didn't have any bad habits. He re-loaded the magazine for my GF because it's pretty hard to get the last few bullets in.

I was super nervous to start, but after a few clips it was really enjoyable. Pretty loud in the pistol range as it's only like 4 or 5 bays.

total cost was like 120 something for the both of us and a couple of boxes of ammo. I would have stayed longer, because you can just keep buying more ammo and trying different guns, but we had to get going.

Definately will go back.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I'm pickin up one of these badboys after xmas.

http://www.proguns.com/kimber-customII.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast