Quantcast
Choosing a physiotherapy clinic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Choosing a physiotherapy clinic

My Ride
    Upass

Default Choosing a physiotherapy clinic

Does anyone have any recomendations for a phsiotherapist in the NW, around the University/Marketmall or up around the Edgemont/Dalhousie area. I have called about 5 and their prices go anywhere from $95 for the first vist and $65 for fallowing visits, to $55 for the first visit and $50 for fallowing visits. It's for a shoulder injury, and I want the therapy to focus on building it up so that I can actually go back to the gym in the future.

You can try the one in Brentwood. There was a RMT there that does ART. But bewarned, the office manager is a complete bitch.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Upass

^^^ I will look into them. The ones I have called so far are Lifemark by the university
    Marketmall
    Edgemont World Health
    Northland
    Crowfoot

Right now I am leaning towards Crowfoot since the guy there is a personal trainer aswell as a physiotherapist's plus their rates fall in the middle. But I will wait and see if anyone has had any personaly experience with any of these places and go from there.
    Last edited by Nav13; 11-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.

I dont have a recommendation for anyone in that area but my one suggestion is to try to get a recommendation for a specific physiotherapist and not just a clinic in general.

A clinic could have several practitioners each with a different level of expertise and education and each could follow a different philosophy in their treating of clients. So someone could have a great experience with one physio at the clinic while you book with someone else and have a terrible one.

My Ride
    93 integra

Don't go to Panther Sport's Physio. The surgeon that works there completely botched my surgery and failed to tell me until I went back to get xrays because my pain persisted.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

I have had great experiences at Westside Rec Center. Forget the prices though, it was covered by work.

I see Bobbi at Lifemark in the Father Bauer Arena across from the university for my ankle. She seems good and my ankle is getting better so she can't be that bad.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by ekguy
    Don't go to Panther Sport's Physio. The surgeon that works there completely botched my surgery and failed to tell me until I went back to get xrays because my pain persisted.
    in my opinion, panther sucks monkey balls. went there before didnt do shit for me

Originally posted by B18C
    I see Bobbi at Lifemark in the Father Bauer Arena across from the university for my ankle. She seems good and my ankle is getting better so she can't be that bad.

Lifemark is good, I go to the one in NE now.