Quantcast
Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW

My Ride
    AW E93

Default Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW

I'm in the market for a new vehicle purchase looked at Audi A4, BMW 3 series moving from Japanese into the German market perhaps... Anyways I need advice on when would be the best opportunity to pick one up with good finance rates or discounts on 2010 models? Also does anyone know if carcostcanada reports work at these dealerships in Calgary? Basically looking to buy but I'm willing to wait if the right price comes along. Also feel free to put your 2 cents in about reliability on these products I hear both stories good and bad. Those who I know who have BMWs have never had any issues Audi is still a blur to me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

good finance rates and discounts for 2010 models will start around August or Sept 2010, when the 2011's start arriving.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

CarCostCanada don't do much for German luxury brands unless you are going for under $50K models and they have tons and tons on the lot.

But what CarCostCanada will do is alert you when there's a new incentive/rate change. Both BMW and Glenmore Audi monitor carcostcanada and I had salesman approach me when I pull a report. Right now, they are clearing 2009 models.

Reliability is a mixed bag. I had friends with lemons on either brand.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-17-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Dunno if it helps but I went from an 03 M3 to 06 S4 and I must say I love Audi 10x more. The AWD is awesome, specially when you live in a city than has shitty roads and snows alot. In the 5 months of owning the M3 I had one problem with the mechanial timng, I've owned the S for about a year now and not one prolem to date. The interior and steering in the Audi also felt alot nicer then the m3

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I prefer the style of Audi's over BMW but for you it should come down to personal preference after driving them and which makes sense for your budget. However don't expect Honda reliability from a German car in general but since you're looking at new vehicles that shouldn't be a much of a factor unless you are looking to keep the car long term.

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by Xtrema
    CarCostCanada don't do much for German luxury brands unless you are going for under $50K models and they have tons and tons on the lot.

But what CarCostCanada will do is alert you when there's a new incentive/rate change. Both BMW and Glenmore Audi monitor carcostcanada and I had salesman approach me when I pull a report. Right now, they are clearing 2009 models.

Reliability is a mixed bag. I had friends with lemons on either brand.

So if i'm interested in the 2010 Audi A4 which is under 50K are you saying they will give a deal since they have more stock on their lot?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

They have a few more a4's in stock because those are are popular seller however CCC won't do you any good and Audi doesn't do much for discounts. They're a beautiful car however and I would choose one over a bmw. If you want a discount talk to BMW they seem to give their cars away lol.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    They have a few more a4's in stock because those are are popular seller however CCC won't do you any good and Audi doesn't do much for discounts. They're a beautiful car however and I would choose one over a bmw. If you want a discount talk to BMW they seem to give their cars away lol.
    So Audi A4 is rated best interior in its class but I dont know much on their reliability I mean new means 4 yrs peace at mind but after that is what scares me. Yeah you aren't the first person to tell me BMW is actually more flexible on price these days is there a reason why?

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by AudiPWR
    Dunno if it helps but I went from an 03 M3 to 06 S4 and I must say I love Audi 10x more. The AWD is awesome, specially when you live in a city than has shitty roads and snows alot. In the 5 months of owning the M3 I had one problem with the mechanial timng, I've owned the S for about a year now and not one prolem to date. The interior and steering in the Audi also felt alot nicer then the m3
    I totally enjoy the raw power of the M3 friend of mine took me for a ride in the 05 SMG and all I could remember was fast and stiff ride to stiff maybe for me. AWD A4 i took for a test drive on Saturday was a joy to drive one thing that stands out over the Japanese was little road noise and the solid thump when hitting bumps car felt solid.

My Ride

Originally posted by integra_vate

So Audi A4 is rated best interior in its class but I dont know much on their reliability I mean new means 4 yrs peace at mind but after that is what scares me. Yeah you aren't the first person to tell me BMW is actually more flexible on price these days is there a reason why?
    None of the Germans will provide worry free driving once the warranty expires. As I said they're nice cars but they just don't excel at reliability, if you want piece of mind after the warranty expires then buy extended warranty to protect yourself. BMW does much higher volume than Audi, they also have much more of a broad lienup than Audi does. BMW also has a strange busineness plan when it comes to luxury auto sales. They have been taking a very domestic approach to selling cars (large discounts, higher residuals, low rates etc) which helps them move metal but it causes heavy depreciation on their vehicles over time and isn't good for the bottom line at the end of the year.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So if i'm interested in the 2010 Audi A4 which is under 50K are you saying they will give a deal since they have more stock on their lot?
    That's the rule when it come to discount. Discount only happens when they want it gone. The only reasons they want it gone are:

a) too many on the lot that they need to find extra storage (not a problem for either Audi dealership in town IMO)
    b) end of model year
    c) slow sales months like Jan or Feb.

If they forsee any problem in getting rid of it or supply from factory is low anyway, they won't discount at all. And in Calgary, I don't think they have problems selling luxury vehicles.

There is a reason why lease rate is lower if you don't extend it to the end of the warranty period.

Again, while European generally has more problems, and they cost more to fix, it doesn't mean you'll be hit with them. Just more likely. I have seen an Audi with 150k that only has the dash display and wheel bearing went out on it. Everything else is mechanically sound.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-17-2009 at 05:01 PM.

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by Xtrema

That's the rule when it come to discount. Discount only happens when they want it gone. The only reasons they want it gone are:

a) too many on the lot that they need to find extra storage (not a problem for either Audi dealership in town IMO)
    b) end of model year
    c) slow sales months like Jan or Feb.

If they forsee any problem in getting rid of it or supply from factory is low anyway, they won't discount at all. And in Calgary, I don't think they have problems selling luxury vehicles.
    I can agree with what you say so what would be the ideal deal I mean I'm not expecting them to give the car away but would negotiating 1000-2000 off unreasonable?

My Ride
    Bicycle

I can agree with what you say so what would be the ideal deal I mean I'm not expecting them to give the car away but would negotiating 1000-2000 off unreasonable?
    You can always ask. What's the worse can happen?

My Ride

You'll be able to get 1000-2000 off for sure. Again make sure you know the final number before signing the deal. i've heard they add the dealer charges (freight, pdi etc) after the fact.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

BMW seem to be gving discounts out the ass lately. I remember back in 2000, we only got 2% off a 323ci, then in 2006 we got 3% off a 325i, in 2008 we managed a wopping 20.6% off a 2007 Z4M, and just this year we managed to get 4% off a Custom ordered 2010 135i delivered just a few weeks ago. They must be desperate to sell some cars now.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Not enough douches around to buy BMWs without incentives!

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You'll be able to get 1000-2000 off for sure. Again make sure you know the final number before signing the deal. i've heard they add the dealer charges (freight, pdi etc) after the fact.
    Yeah thats what I like about Lexus they just post their price and you just add the GST. Everyone who does buy new only cares about out the door price dunno why they dont just do that. Because the A4 price is very attractive but after a few items it doesn't take long getting you over 50K from the 43K.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

A buddy of mine just purchased a 2010 Audi A4 S-line and the discount was 3k off a sticker of about 47k. He didn't try to hard either, just went in and said he bought and 08 from the dealer and wanted a 2010 and wanted a good price. They said 2k off and he said how about 3 and they did it. Probably could get a bit more if you really tried.

Sweet car though. I would definitely take it over a 2010 328, but the 335 still has a better engine imo if the extra money isn't an issue.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by blownz
    Sweet car though. I would definitely take it over a 2010 328, but the 335 still has a better engine imo if the extra money isn't an issue.
    http://www.insideline.com/audi/s4/20...-bmw-335i.html

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

I would take the audi just for the service at the dealership alone. I love my 08 A4 and the dealer has been fantastic, when I had my BMW I HATED going to there service dept.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast