Quantcast
Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary/AB
    My Ride
    AW E93
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 2002civic
    I would take the audi just for the service at the dealership alone. I love my 08 A4 and the dealer has been fantastic, when I had my BMW I HATED going to there service dept.

    hows your car been since you've bought it? any real issues i may need to consider. also audi offers a maintnance plan for $750 did you get it by any chance includes oil changes and all service for 4 yrs?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am in the market as well and I have been all three german dealerships to see what the deals were like.

    Mercedez had the best deal. They were willing to give me cash incentives for any 07~09 models. They were offering $10g cash incentive for 09 slk 55 amg, $7g for 09 slk 350 and $4g for 07 slk 55 amg.

    The second best deal was found from BMW. They had way too many 3 series sitting at the lot and they were anxious to get rid of them. You can get a really good deal on 3 series but then new 3 serieses became really common on the road.

    Audi didn't really have any deals since they literally didin't have any A4 or A5 left to sell.(I am talking about new models)
    They also showed me the article how AUDI sold the most among all german dealerships.
    The salesman also mentioned that AUDI tries to keep the production rate low so there are not many new models seen on the road.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary/AB
    My Ride
    AW E93
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by mr.13secprobe
    I am in the market as well and I have been all three german dealerships to see what the deals were like.

    Mercedez had the best deal. They were willing to give me cash incentives for any 07~09 models. They were offering $10g cash incentive for 09 slk 55 amg, $7g for 09 slk 350 and $4g for 07 slk 55 amg.

    The second best deal was found from BMW. They had way too many 3 series sitting at the lot and they were anxious to get rid of them. You can get a really good deal on 3 series but then new 3 serieses became really common on the road.

    Audi didn't really have any deals since they literally didin't have any A4 or A5 left to sell.(I am talking about new models)
    They also showed me the article how AUDI sold the most among all german dealerships.
    The salesman also mentioned that AUDI tries to keep the production rate low so there are not many new models seen on the road.
    So what kind of price is someone looking at for 09 335i sedan then? Yeah I was told the same about Audi they said A4 is best seller and they did seem flexible to talk about price but when any buyer is ready and serious.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2019 Genesis G70
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    16

    Default


    I would agree with that too but I actually thought the S4 was priced similar to the S5 and as such would cost quite a bit more than a 335. It is not so bad though.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,057
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    If lease .. go BMW ... free service .. low rate .. good payment ..
    The Original !

    1234567, hҦho

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by blownz



    I would agree with that too but I actually thought the S4 was priced similar to the S5 and as such would cost quite a bit more than a 335. It is not so bad though.
    Not by much...



    But options will definitely cost more.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ....
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 12:21 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2019 Genesis G70
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema

    Not by much...
    That is why I said "it is not so bad though"... when I made the first post though I didn't mention the S4 because I thought it was more until I checked.

  9. #29
    2002civic's Avatar
    2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    18 A4 2.0T Quattro/19 Pilot Touring
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by integra_vate



    hows your car been since you've bought it? any real issues i may need to consider. also audi offers a maintnance plan for $750 did you get it by any chance includes oil changes and all service for 4 yrs?
    no issues whatsoever yet...and yes I bought the maitenance plan, doesnt cover the minor oil changes but does the major services, well worth it!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    When I owned a 5 series BMW a few years back, it was nearly impossible to find a BMW mechanic or service manager who owned a BMW. After dropping a few grand in repairs over a two year period I thought I too had better buy a Japanese car. I really loved the car and would buy another, an M series only though.

    I would buy in the USA, Canada has jacked the prices and when comparing to the USA I wonder why everyone does not shop for a car in Montana.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by Sugarphreak


    I actually prefer BMW over Audi.... but the BMW salesmen & service suck so bad compared to Audi's.

    If it was me, I would just go with an Audi and all together avoid the hassle and headaches that a new BMW will undoubtedly bring.
    Yeah, trust me I know. I detest Calgary BMW & the BMW Gallery.
    If something HUGE goes wrong that non-dealerships can't fix Im having the car flatbedded up to Edmonton.

    The thing is about Audi (& VW and Porsche) is that they really dont like any work being done on their cars that isn't performed at the dealership. As a result anything more complex then brake jobs & oil changes typically involved a lot of speciality tools.
    So, I dont know if you're planning on doing your work after the warranty is up (if you keep it that long that is) but its something to consider.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary/AB
    My Ride
    AW E93
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 2002civic


    no issues whatsoever yet...and yes I bought the maitenance plan, doesnt cover the minor oil changes but does the major services, well worth it!
    Thats odd the salesman told me the 750 plan includes fully synthetic oil changes every 15K first 8K free on all new purchases.

  13. #33
    2002civic's Avatar
    2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    18 A4 2.0T Quattro/19 Pilot Touring
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by integra_vate


    Thats odd the salesman told me the 750 plan includes fully synthetic oil changes every 15K first 8K free on all new purchases.
    ya but would you leave your oil in for 15 000 after that? I wouldn't...I would rather pay the 100 bucks and get the oil changed every 8k

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary/AB
    My Ride
    AW E93
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 2002civic


    ya but would you leave your oil in for 15 000 after that? I wouldn't...I would rather pay the 100 bucks and get the oil changed every 8k
    well he said 15K or 6 months and he only said 15K because its using synthetic. I dont know the real consequences here because I'm coming from owning only Acura's and I do the change at the 6-8K standard reg oil. Can someone confirm this because I'm on the assumption 15K on synthetic doesn't sound unreasonable as well I wouldn't see why the dealer would suggest anything that could harm your car when its as simple as an oil change. But changing it more often doesn't hurt and if needed I would take your advice on that.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3, Wannabe FD3S
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    adding to mercedes to the mix, how're they as far as negotiating prices and servicing?

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    ^
    Depends on make and model.

    Service, min. $300+every 15,000kms.

    My 1st service was $300
    2nd service was $700

    Everything is computerized, they plug your car into their machine and whatever is recommended is what they will do and you just have to pay haha Going to pay the service bill is a surprise every time. It definitely isn't like Honda or Subaru where you can bring it to any shop to get maintenance done haha Which is also why BMW's are so popular, no charged schedule maintenance FTW and wicked lease rates. No wonder there are so many on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    One from Affalterbach and Louisville
    Posts
    8,992
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    BMWs residual have gone down significantly. They aren't a great deal anymore. Even with low interest rates, a lease on a 335 that is loaded is approaching or over $1K / month.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Pos
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ofcourse BMW!!!! AUDI is VW=Gay. haha jk

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by benyl
    BMWs residual have gone down significantly. They aren't a great deal anymore. Even with low interest rates, a lease on a 335 that is loaded is approaching or over $1K / month.
    It's not only BMW. It's all makes.

    Manufacturers and dealers got burn setting residual before the $cdn's reach for par. Now they all set it low. Friend went in try to lease a new Sienna which is exactly the same as his old one but residual was $4K lower which add extra ~$100/mth to the lease price.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    BMW seem to be gving discounts out the ass lately. I remember back in 2000, we only got 2% off a 323ci, then in 2006 we got 3% off a 325i, in 2008 we managed a wopping 20.6% off a 2007 Z4M, and just this year we managed to get 4% off a Custom ordered 2010 135i delivered just a few weeks ago. They must be desperate to sell some cars now.
    I find 10 percent off is reasonable when buying a car. 20 reminds me of americans last year, particularly Chrysler when they were selling their SRT8s

    Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    adding to mercedes to the mix, how're they as far as negotiating prices and servicing?
    In the spring, they would not budge off the price.



    To answer OP : after warranty, Audi can be a nuissance. During warranty, you will get treated poorly by BMW in Calgary. solution : extended warranty in first case or Edmonton service in the last if you insist on getting it.

    If financing, cover a bigger part with cash, as the rates are not too attractive.
    Last edited by Danny Meehan; 11-20-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a 01 Audi 1.8T Quattro. Advice Needed!!!!

    By CT-C in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 30
    Latest Threads: 05-21-2010, 11:15 PM
  2. Advice on buying a new car - Dealing with salespeople? Advice?

    By lelalong in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 03-12-2010, 11:06 PM
  3. Brand new to BMW, brand new to getting pwnd.

    By TravisD62 in forum Alberta BMW Owners Club
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 11-26-2008, 08:15 PM
  4. buying new car advice?

    By 5abi in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
  5. Buying a used vehicle need a mechanic advice before buying?

    By Kamikid in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 07-14-2004, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •