Quantcast
Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice buying brand new AUDI or BMW

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by 2002civic
    I would take the audi just for the service at the dealership alone. I love my 08 A4 and the dealer has been fantastic, when I had my BMW I HATED going to there service dept.

hows your car been since you've bought it? any real issues i may need to consider. also audi offers a maintnance plan for $750 did you get it by any chance includes oil changes and all service for 4 yrs?

I am in the market as well and I have been all three german dealerships to see what the deals were like.

Mercedez had the best deal. They were willing to give me cash incentives for any 07~09 models. They were offering $10g cash incentive for 09 slk 55 amg, $7g for 09 slk 350 and $4g for 07 slk 55 amg.

The second best deal was found from BMW. They had way too many 3 series sitting at the lot and they were anxious to get rid of them. You can get a really good deal on 3 series but then new 3 serieses became really common on the road.

Audi didn't really have any deals since they literally didin't have any A4 or A5 left to sell.(I am talking about new models)
    They also showed me the article how AUDI sold the most among all german dealerships.
    The salesman also mentioned that AUDI tries to keep the production rate low so there are not many new models seen on the road.

My Ride
    AW E93

Originally posted by mr.13secprobe
    I am in the market as well and I have been all three german dealerships to see what the deals were like.

Mercedez had the best deal. They were willing to give me cash incentives for any 07~09 models. They were offering $10g cash incentive for 09 slk 55 amg, $7g for 09 slk 350 and $4g for 07 slk 55 amg.

The second best deal was found from BMW. They had way too many 3 series sitting at the lot and they were anxious to get rid of them. You can get a really good deal on 3 series but then new 3 serieses became really common on the road.

Audi didn't really have any deals since they literally didin't have any A4 or A5 left to sell.(I am talking about new models)
    They also showed me the article how AUDI sold the most among all german dealerships.
    The salesman also mentioned that AUDI tries to keep the production rate low so there are not many new models seen on the road.
    So what kind of price is someone looking at for 09 335i sedan then? Yeah I was told the same about Audi they said A4 is best seller and they did seem flexible to talk about price but when any buyer is ready and serious.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I would agree with that too but I actually thought the S4 was priced similar to the S5 and as such would cost quite a bit more than a 335. It is not so bad though.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

If lease .. go BMW ... free service .. low rate .. good payment ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by blownz

I would agree with that too but I actually thought the S4 was priced similar to the S5 and as such would cost quite a bit more than a 335. It is not so bad though.
    Not by much...

But options will definitely cost more.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 12:21 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by Xtrema

Not by much...
    That is why I said "it is not so bad though"... when I made the first post though I didn't mention the S4 because I thought it was more until I checked.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by integra_vate

hows your car been since you've bought it? any real issues i may need to consider. also audi offers a maintnance plan for $750 did you get it by any chance includes oil changes and all service for 4 yrs?
    no issues whatsoever yet...and yes I bought the maitenance plan, doesnt cover the minor oil changes but does the major services, well worth it!

When I owned a 5 series BMW a few years back, it was nearly impossible to find a BMW mechanic or service manager who owned a BMW. After dropping a few grand in repairs over a two year period I thought I too had better buy a Japanese car. I really loved the car and would buy another, an M series only though.

I would buy in the USA, Canada has jacked the prices and when comparing to the USA I wonder why everyone does not shop for a car in Montana.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I actually prefer BMW over Audi.... but the BMW salesmen & service suck so bad compared to Audi's.

If it was me, I would just go with an Audi and all together avoid the hassle and headaches that a new BMW will undoubtedly bring.
    Yeah, trust me I know. I detest Calgary BMW & the BMW Gallery.
    If something HUGE goes wrong that non-dealerships can't fix Im having the car flatbedded up to Edmonton.

The thing is about Audi (& VW and Porsche) is that they really dont like any work being done on their cars that isn't performed at the dealership. As a result anything more complex then brake jobs & oil changes typically involved a lot of speciality tools.
    So, I dont know if you're planning on doing your work after the warranty is up (if you keep it that long that is) but its something to consider.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    AW E93

no issues whatsoever yet...and yes I bought the maitenance plan, doesnt cover the minor oil changes but does the major services, well worth it!
    Thats odd the salesman told me the 750 plan includes fully synthetic oil changes every 15K first 8K free on all new purchases.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by integra_vate

Thats odd the salesman told me the 750 plan includes fully synthetic oil changes every 15K first 8K free on all new purchases.
    ya but would you leave your oil in for 15 000 after that? I wouldn't...I would rather pay the 100 bucks and get the oil changed every 8k

My Ride
    AW E93

ya but would you leave your oil in for 15 000 after that? I wouldn't...I would rather pay the 100 bucks and get the oil changed every 8k
    well he said 15K or 6 months and he only said 15K because its using synthetic. I dont know the real consequences here because I'm coming from owning only Acura's and I do the change at the 6-8K standard reg oil. Can someone confirm this because I'm on the assumption 15K on synthetic doesn't sound unreasonable as well I wouldn't see why the dealer would suggest anything that could harm your car when its as simple as an oil change. But changing it more often doesn't hurt and if needed I would take your advice on that.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

adding to mercedes to the mix, how're they as far as negotiating prices and servicing?

My Ride
    NC1

^
    Depends on make and model.

Service, min. $300+every 15,000kms.

My 1st service was $300
    2nd service was $700

Everything is computerized, they plug your car into their machine and whatever is recommended is what they will do and you just have to pay haha Going to pay the service bill is a surprise every time. It definitely isn't like Honda or Subaru where you can bring it to any shop to get maintenance done haha Which is also why BMW's are so popular, no charged schedule maintenance FTW and wicked lease rates. No wonder there are so many on the road
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

BMWs residual have gone down significantly. They aren't a great deal anymore. Even with low interest rates, a lease on a 335 that is loaded is approaching or over $1K / month.

My Ride
    Pos

ofcourse BMW!!!! AUDI is VW=Gay. haha jk

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by benyl
    BMWs residual have gone down significantly. They aren't a great deal anymore. Even with low interest rates, a lease on a 335 that is loaded is approaching or over $1K / month.
    It's not only BMW. It's all makes.

Manufacturers and dealers got burn setting residual before the $cdn's reach for par. Now they all set it low. Friend went in try to lease a new Sienna which is exactly the same as his old one but residual was $4K lower which add extra ~$100/mth to the lease price.

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    BMW seem to be gving discounts out the ass lately. I remember back in 2000, we only got 2% off a 323ci, then in 2006 we got 3% off a 325i, in 2008 we managed a wopping 20.6% off a 2007 Z4M, and just this year we managed to get 4% off a Custom ordered 2010 135i delivered just a few weeks ago. They must be desperate to sell some cars now.
    I find 10 percent off is reasonable when buying a car. 20 reminds me of americans last year, particularly Chrysler when they were selling their SRT8s

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    adding to mercedes to the mix, how're they as far as negotiating prices and servicing?
    In the spring, they would not budge off the price.

To answer OP : after warranty, Audi can be a nuissance. During warranty, you will get treated poorly by BMW in Calgary. solution : extended warranty in first case or Edmonton service in the last if you insist on getting it.

If financing, cover a bigger part with cash, as the rates are not too attractive.
    Last edited by Danny Meehan; 11-20-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast