Quantcast
So I was at Popeye's today... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I was at Popeye's today...

Default So I was at Popeye's today...

Picking up some more whey, and I came across a new type of whey that ON has. I've always used the 100% Gold Standard or whatever, but this new one is called Platinum Hydrowhey. I asked the guy at the front what the difference was, and it was clear he was talking out of his ass when he said basically there's casein in it, but right beside the Platinum was ON's casein protein. He told me the Platinum is for before bed, but I figured it would be strange for ON to make 2 types of before bed wheys. So does anyone know what this Platinum Hydrowhey is and what the difference is between the regular Gold Standard stuff?

It just has more isolates/"higher grade protein," and less concentrate. Not worth the money imo. You're better off just taking in more concentrate with that money

Default Re: So I was at Popeye's today...

Originally posted by buh_buh
    Picking up some more whey, and I came across a new type of whey that ON has. I've always used the 100% Gold Standard or whatever, but this new one is called Platinum Hydrowhey. I asked the guy at the front what the difference was, and it was clear he was talking out of his ass when he said basically there's casein in it, but right beside the Platinum was ON's casein protein. He told me the Platinum is for before bed, but I figured it would be strange for ON to make 2 types of before bed wheys. So does anyone know what this Platinum Hydrowhey is and what the difference is between the regular Gold Standard stuff?

Before you trash talk people who work at Popeyes, just remember they work there for a reason and you don't.

Default Re: Re: So I was at Popeye's today...

Thanks liquidboi. I didn't check the price, but I just assumed they were the same price. So its essentially more "stuff" that's not whey?

Originally posted by B69

Before you trash talk people who work at Popeyes, just remember they work there for a reason and you don't.
    I wasn't trashing the guy. I'm just saying he couldn've easily just have said he didn't know instead of making some bs up about a product they sell I was asking information about. Or it could be that I have a university education and don't want to work at Popeye's. If the internet is hurting your feelings, you should probably stop using it.

Originally posted by B69

because they don't have an education and can't get a job making more than 15/hour??

My Ride
    TSX

Default Re: Re: Re: So I was at Popeye's today...

I wasn't trashing the guy. I'm just saying he couldn've easily just have said he didn't know instead of making some bs up about a product they sell I was asking information about. Or it could be that I have a university education and don't want to work at Popeye's. If the internet is hurting your feelings, you should probably stop using it.
    I'd rather have a sales rep say to me straight up that they don't know the difference instead of feed me some BS. It's not like I expect them to know about every single damn supplement in the store.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Thanks liquidboi. I didn't check the price, but I just assumed they were the same price. So its essentially more "stuff" that's not whey?

quit trying to get ripped like me! Usually those juice monkey's know their shit! What other products are you using?

No concentrate and isolate are just different grades of protein extracts.

Isolate is more pure (~90-95%) while concentrate is a bit less (~75-85%.) That is why the hydrowhey has 30g/serving while normal ON GOLD'S isolate/concentrate/peptide combo has a bit less.

They say the isolate's hydrolyzed, so you can absorb it faster (which is BS imo...it's a marketing scheme and no one can tell the difference.)

People prefer isolate because #1 they like having the "best" protein that is theoretically the most "biologically valuble" aka it can be absorbed the easiest. #2because some people have digestion issues and isolate seems to be better for them.

However, the prices between normal GOLD and PLATINUM ON is not worth it. Even if you factor in bioavaliability, and the higher % extract...you'll get more protein in you/$ with concentrate probably.

EDIT: Just looked it up and it looks like platinum's serving size is larger than gold's...so that may be one of the big reasons why the protein/serving is higher.
    Last edited by liquidboi69; 11-18-2009 at 12:14 AM.

surprised the guy was "talking out of his ass" as you say..... usually the people working there are really good.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by B69

wow... you're a sensitive fella

Did you have a tough day working at popeyes?

and the dude above you just joined today to make that post... I think op touched a few hearts

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: So I was at Popeye's today...

Originally posted by 7thgenvic

quit trying to get ripped like me! Usually those juice monkey's know their shit! What other products are you using?
    When you're 6'0" and 140lbs soaking wet, yeah you'd be ripped whether you work out or not.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    TL

i can't speak for popeyes, but i definitely know the people at GNC know shit all about what they are talkinga bout.

Damn i thought this thread was about chicken

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Jeremiah

I thought so too. I was expecting to see a picture of some weird american or something at a popeyes restaurant.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic

I used to use a ton of supplements, but I stopped everything except protein and glutamine a few years ago just because I didn't want to put tons of chemicals in my body and didn't know whether there would be any long term side effects. And I'm not exactly trying to be the next Arnold or anything. I'm just trying to stay in shape to play sports.

Originally posted by jcollings
    surprised the guy was "talking out of his ass" as you say..... usually the people working there are really good.
    To be fair, I've had nothing but good experiences at any Popeye's location, so today was definitely an anomaly. But I could tell right away he didn't really know what he was talking about just by the way he answered the question, so its not like I took some bad advice or anything. Just wondering what the difference is between this new magical whey and what I'm used to taking.

Thanks liquidboi69. I think I'll be sticking with the regular stuff. I don't need any gimmicky fancy pants whey. But now that I know the ON casein is available in Canada now I'll switch from Syntha6 to that for my night time protein.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Hey, I never tried Popeye's before. How does that flaky looking skin taste? How would you compare to KFC?

Funny thing is that I'm serious.

Originally posted by Disoblige

Hey, I never tried Popeye's before. How does that flaky looking skin taste? How would you compare to KFC?

Funny thing is that I'm serious.

I'm the biggest Popeyes Fanboy in the world, so asking me would be a totally biased opinion.

I've only every had Popeyes in the states as there are limited locations in Canada. (one in BC and a couple in Ontario). There are tons of KFC's in Calgary, and since I tried Popeyes a good 3 years ago, I find no reason to waste money on KFC...

To drift this thread off even further, I'm planning to order some protein from supplements canada (the online retailer of popeyes) and I was looking to see if anyone would be interested in getting a 5lb Dymatize Vanilla Elite whey from me. I need to order over $100 to get free shipping and whatnot. It's $54.99 for one and $39.99 for the second, so I figure $45 tax in should be incentive enough to sell a 5lb container to someone.

I've still got like 4.5lbs left in my current container and another 10lbs would be a bit overkill for now, but just throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested in picking up some.

http://www.supplementscanada.com/pop...oduct5261.html

pm if interested - mods if this is inappropriate, please advise and I will start a thread or put in marketplace, thanks.
    Last edited by JJLuke; 11-18-2009 at 01:30 AM.

why do u guys gotta post those pics, it looks so fucking good and making me hungry
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast