Quantcast
Skyrine help/info - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skyrine help/info

My Ride
    a very large peice of rice

i really don't see whats not to get, its a 20 yr old car, its not just one thing that fails after 20 yrs, everything basically fails, lets look at 20 yr old cars, ur 90 civic and 90 corrolas, the most "reliable" cars u can get, they still SUCK

how many 20 yr old cars do u see on the road anyways, and driving is a luxury in japan, u never know what 60k km means on japanese streets, yeah maybe u don't drive it like a douche but think about it, if it was 1990 and ur a japanese business man with alot of cash, and u just bought a sporty little coupe, what are you gonna do?

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I had a GTST for just over a year and a half. Loved it actually. Never had any problems. When I bought it I flushed the fluids, did the timing belt and tensioner, spark plugs, replaced the rotors and pads and I believe that was it... hard to remember as that was over 5 years ago (wow time flies...). I had a couple little leaks but nothing unusual for a then 14-15 year old car. Overall it was awesome reliable for me and I wasn't exactly kind to it

Interior pieces are a little on the weak side though, common for the center vents to break, but you can buy them at Brasso Nissan for like ~20$.

Mine started rusting a little but I did drive it through two winters. Engine wise their pretty decent when stock. Modding wise... ehh... swap an RB25 in it. Rids you of common problems and opens up a bit more on the tuning side. All engine have their quirks, GTRs have their own (oil pump collar for starters), nothing's perfect.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Is way to loud.

Originally posted by ercchry
    well for starters it is a 20 year old car... that probably sat in japan for a period of its life, so everything that is made of rubber will be dry/drying up and cracking... which means leaks.... lots of leaks, coolant, oil.... hell even gear oil....

chances are it will have this weird japenese musk to it too... only way i got rid of it was by stripping all cloth out of the car and adding fresh seats...

also for some reason they are not huge on oil changes in japan... so you will probably end up with some sludge in the pan, and some worn out engine parts.... rebuilds are ideal... but too damn expensive for a car worth $5g

if it has factory suspension chances are that will be well worn....
    Ok,this is the answer i was looking for.this is a HUGE help,and i know what to change,Thank you for your help

as for
    "chances are it will have this weird japenese musk to it too... only way i got rid of it was by stripping all cloth out of the car and adding fresh seats..."

I have noticed that in JDM cars,that is funny,but that will be taken care of with some new seats,aswell as carpet.......or could do the one a day douche bag fix,1 can of Axe per 6 hours,LMAO.

But i really do appreciate this.Thanks Again.
    2015 F350 (work bitch)
    2011 Impreza (Daily beater)
    00 EK Hatch (Sold)
    MX73 (Sold)
    00 Acura EL (Sold)
    98 EJ6 Hatch(Sold)
    90 Civic Sedan ED3(Sold)
    91 Si Hatch (Sold)
    88 SiR-x (Sold)
    89 Rex Si (R.I.P)
    91 SiR-x (Sold)
    90 Rex Si (Sold)
    93 Ej1 Coupe (Sold)

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Neither of my JDM's had any stank, but I've never been the first canadian owner of a JDM..
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    Is way to loud.

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    I had a GTST for just over a year and a half. Loved it actually. Never had any problems. When I bought it I flushed the fluids, did the timing belt and tensioner, spark plugs, replaced the rotors and pads and I believe that was it... hard to remember as that was over 5 years ago (wow time flies...). I had a couple little leaks but nothing unusual for a then 14-15 year old car. Overall it was awesome reliable for me and I wasn't exactly kind to it

Interior pieces are a little on the weak side though, common for the center vents to break, but you can buy them at Brasso Nissan for like ~20$.

Mine started rusting a little but I did drive it through two winters. Engine wise their pretty decent when stock. Modding wise... ehh... swap an RB25 in it. Rids you of common problems and opens up a bit more on the tuning side. All engine have their quirks, GTRs have their own (oil pump collar for starters), nothing's perfect.
    This is what i was planning on doing upon purchasing the car,just because the previous owner says the just did an oil change,rad flush,etc.i still do them all as soon as i get the car,as for the rust part,the plan is for the car to sit in the body shop and get painted and what not for a period of time,then in to my garage for the remaining time of winter it goes.
    2015 F350 (work bitch)
    2011 Impreza (Daily beater)
    00 EK Hatch (Sold)
    MX73 (Sold)
    00 Acura EL (Sold)
    98 EJ6 Hatch(Sold)
    90 Civic Sedan ED3(Sold)
    91 Si Hatch (Sold)
    88 SiR-x (Sold)
    89 Rex Si (R.I.P)
    91 SiR-x (Sold)
    90 Rex Si (Sold)
    93 Ej1 Coupe (Sold)

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by ..*JDM Hatch*..

Not looking for an MR2,quite ugly little things,and i know they aren't "little" by any means,but i think they are good looking cars in my opinion.As for money wise,i have enough to get by + sum.But 1 question is,How does your friend drive his R32??? drifting and sh*t like that??? i am not looking to drift,circuit,time attack,etc....I am just looking for something to drive,not like a douche.

I want to know what all breaks on these things,just by driving it normally.Like just because someone buys a Skyline,they automaticaly think that they have just purchased a race car.Not the case at all.This is why i want to know what breaks and Eff's up all the time?
    I don't think he ever tracked his car, definitely know he never auto-xed or circuited it. Just daily drove it really. Has an R33 now but tbh, old cars are just so... meh now. Price he payed for his cars, he coulda easily got a much faster, much cleaner new ride, not some car that has dents and dings all over it. Maybe it's just him though.

I have had next to no problems with mine.

awesome cars if they are not abused. the muff whos talking shit there had problems because he bagged the piss out of it daily.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by chris746
    awesome cars if they are not abused. the muff whos talking shit there had problems because he bagged the piss out of it daily.
    yeah you fucking got it

... if by daily you mean i drove it twice a month.... a 20 year old car has had 20 years of ownership before you even touch it

I had an 89 GTS-4, awesome little car, RB20, AWD, only thing wrong with it was it had a leaky brake caliper, 150$ fix and it was mint. had a broken air vent but who cares. They are nice little cars. Buddy here above me clearly got a lemon from japan if hes having htat many issues.
    Ive had 3 jdms and they have all been really great to me.
    My aristo was AWESOME. It has 105,000 Kms and absolutely mint, and hauled ass. Nothing was broken.
    Yeah sure they sit in japan, but its not liek they sit in the sun. They are generally covered and cool.
    Dont take buddies opinion seriously. If you want a Gts-T, get one. I would buy one again if i didnt want the GTR power.
    Originally posted by Gabe182

We need nips! and they better not be huge!

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by psycoticclown

I don't think he ever tracked his car, definitely know he never auto-xed or circuited it. Just daily drove it really. Has an R33 now but tbh, old cars are just so... meh now. Price he payed for his cars, he coulda easily got a much faster, much cleaner new ride, not some car that has dents and dings all over it. Maybe it's just him though.
    I disagree, an R33 is what? $8000 tops? so you are saying he could have gotten a much cleaner, much newer, much faster car for $8000?

I have had my Silvia for a year and a half and have had to do 2 things total: rear main output shaft seal, and a coil pack, a whopping $180 worth of maintenance. I don't bag the shit out of it by any means, but obviously it gets driven hard every now and then.

My Ride
    Ram

Buy mine. So you can kill yourself and then there will be no more problems

My Ride

Originally posted by cjay^

I disagree, an R33 is what? $8000 tops? so you are saying he could have gotten a much cleaner, much newer, much faster car for $8000?

I have had my Silvia for a year and a half and have had to do 2 things total: rear main output shaft seal, and a coil pack, a whopping $180 worth of maintenance. I don't bag the shit out of it by any means, but obviously it gets driven hard every now and then.
    Yes he can. MR2 that was posted earlier is much nicer, quicker, cleaner and LHD. Might not be much newer but a damn nice little car. And in much better condition than what he had his in. Plus less kms and much more unique than a Skyline. Plus a much nicer interior.

If he wants to put a little bit more money, there is a 97 VR4 in the marketplace that is 10k. And that car is nicer, cleaner, 8 years newer and much faster car for just 2k more. Plus only one of 7 in that color and year.

There's tons of options for cars around the 8k-10k, JDM GTS-T's are not a steal at all.

My Ride
    1982 supra

Get rb 25det had mine for 2 years and still going strong .

My Ride
    1995 Mustang GT

Try GTRcanada.com, you won't get nearly as much flaming, and a helluva lot better results in the HELP you are asking for.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by psycoticclown

Yes he can. MR2 that was posted earlier is much nicer, quicker, cleaner and LHD. Might not be much newer but a damn nice little car. And in much better condition than what he had his in. Plus less kms and much more unique than a Skyline. Plus a much nicer interior.

If he wants to put a little bit more money, there is a 97 VR4 in the marketplace that is 10k. And that car is nicer, cleaner, 8 years newer and much faster car for just 2k more. Plus only one of 7 in that color and year.

There's tons of options for cars around the 8k-10k, JDM GTS-T's are not a steal at all.
    Alright, that MR2 is a nice ride for sure. Although I don't think its quite the step up from a JDM that you are making it out to be, the seller says it has scratches and scrapes, and has mismatched rims hence him dropping the price. Easily fixable yes, but the car is already $1k more than the $8000 range of that r33 you mentioned, and around $4k more than what you could get an r32 for.

Also, that MR2 could quite possibly have less power than a GTS-T (depending on what gen of 3SGTE it is), and most certainly has less power than your buddys r33. Even though that VR4 does have around 280hp, it also has a curb weight of 3700lbs. I wouldn't call either of the cars you mentioned slow necessarily, but they definatley aren't "much faster" than a Skyline GTS-T.
    Last edited by cjay^; 11-18-2009 at 10:15 PM.

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

Originally posted by Shlade
    rb20s are garbagio

buy a gtr
    and gtr's aren't garbage?
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride

Originally posted by cjay^

Alright, that MR2 is a nice ride for sure. Although I don't think its quite the step up from a JDM that you are making it out to be, the seller says it has scratches and scrapes, and has mismatched rims hence him dropping the price. Easily fixable yes, but the car is already $1k more than the $8000 range of that r33 you mentioned, and around $4k more than what you could get an r32 for.

Also, that MR2 could quite possibly have less power than a GTS-T (depending on what gen of 3SGTE it is), and most certainly has less power than your buddys r33. Even though that VR4 does have around 280hp, it also has a curb weight of 3700lbs. I wouldn't call either of the cars you mentioned slow necessarily, but they definatley aren't "much faster" than a Skyline GTS-T.
    Car is actually 8k. And I'm pretty sure it's a JDM engine which puts out 240hp. My friend is putting almost stock, just exhaust and upgraded FMIC and looking from dragtimes.com, R33 with similar specs are running 14.4-14.7. My car is completely neck to neck with his from a roll, where I don't get my AWD advantage and I'm putting 250 @ crank. Those R33's are pretty heavy, the MR2 may put less power but is lighter. Mr2's are doing 14 stock with the JDM 3SGTE.

The Vr4 is running 13.7 1/4 mile with a boost controller, I know that the R33 with exhaust and upgraded FMIC won't run a 13.7.

This isn't hate on the R32 and R33, I actually think they look good and they can put out really good power, but I think for stock power or close to stock power with no real intentions of modding it, there is much better cars for the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2