Quantcast
///M engine in a 325 is - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ///M engine in a 325 is

My Ride
    BMW M3

Default ///M engine in a 325 is

I putted a M engine I think its the 240 hp one. in an 1995 325is. But everything else is the same. the susp. the transmision, the brakes. I´ts about to go out from the shop, so i would like to know if the car would accelerate a lot... or i will need to change more parts???

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

ask Rob @ Tunerworks he has done a bunch of those swaps.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Uhh, Stock M3's are fast, so why wouldn't this engine be? I would highly reccomend other parts, but it should be fine depending on the weight difference of the actual engine from stock I suppose.
    Rob at Tunerworks qwould be a great one to ask though, I hear his car isn't exactly stock......

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Doesn't his car have the more powerful M3 engine from the U.K.?
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: ///M engine in a 325 is

Originally posted by maurim3
    I putted a M engine I think its the 240 hp one. in an 1995 325is. But everything else is the same. the susp. the transmision, the brakes. I´ts about to go out from the shop, so i would like to know if the car would accelerate a lot... or i will need to change more parts???
    it will accelerate faster, but the car needs more stuff to perform like an M in other ways.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

how much did you pay for the swap?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

where did you get an M3 engine ??
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by C4S
    They're available everywhere, ebay, bimmerforums, etc.

Search!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by C4S
    There out there like civic engines, but of course, not as common, but very available

You should upgrade the transmission...but to complete the car, i'd of course upgrade the suspension, and a nice BBK. Car should still somewhat drive like an m, maybe not as quick acceleration, because the tranny setup i think is different on the m's, not sure tho.

My Ride
    BMW M3

I would like to know how much will it do from 0-60 mph.... why would it vary in the acceleration if it practically the engine the one that has all the power?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've driven a few 325/328 to M3 conversions. They feel like they got 240hp .

Supercharge the car!
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

hahaha you could have a 1000hp/tq engine, and can only get 100 to the wheels, it will be slow.

My Ride
    BMW M3

ryder_23 your saying that my car will be slow? or your just saying it as an example... I got the car out of the shop 45 mins ago. I´ve done a quick test and with two inside the car I managed a 6,2 sec to 60... Is it good? and the tyres are just 15" and are not so good... will it make a lot of difference in acceleration with a 16" and wider tires?

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

no no, i'm not saying its gonna be slow..just saying, it would probably be quicker with m tranny and components. Engine was built for m3, and its in a regualar e36. Performance wise, with certain upgraded components, it might be quicker..

My Ride
    Cayenne TT

Originally posted by ryder_23
    no no, i'm not saying its gonna be slow..just saying, it would probably be quicker with m tranny and components. Engine was built for m3, and its in a regualar e36. Performance wise, with certain upgraded components, it might be quicker..
    Power vs "Quicker" is very relative...if you use a 318 rear differential your car will accelerate much "quicker" and feel much faster because of the close gear ratio but then you sacrifice top speed...

If you want your ///M motor to make more power go with the basic bolt-on's first (Cold Air Intake, Exhaust, Pullies)...your best bang for the buck would be a "Chip"...

For handling I highly suggest you to upgrade (unless you already have) to better suspension...thicker sway bars, shocks/coilovers

The best is to talk to Rob @ Tunerworks he is the God when it comes to BMW's...

My Ride
    BMW M3

I don´t care much about top speed. I just want that 0-100 mph acceleration. and everithing in the car is stock 325. oh. the interior is all grey m3. is the 325 differential good enough? I´ve been told that my engine has 286 hp! thats better than 240!

My Ride
    Cayenne TT

Originally posted by maurim3
    I don´t care much about top speed. I just want that 0-100 mph acceleration. and everithing in the car is stock 325. oh. the interior is all grey m3. is the 325 differential good enough? I´ve been told that my engine has 286 hp! thats better than 240!
    Do you live in Calgary? Who put the engine in?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Easy to tell if you have 240hp or 286hp. Look at the throttle body. Do you have 1 single one, or 6 individual ones on the intake manifold?

Not sure if the 325 tranny/diff/clutch etc. would hold up, every M3 swap I know went full M3 drivetrain. LSD is required for cornering fun... not sure if 325 had LSD.

My Ride
    BMW M3

Originally posted by rage2
    Easy to tell if you have 240hp or 286hp. Look at the throttle body. Do you have 1 single one, or 6 individual ones on the intake manifold?

Not sure if the 325 tranny/diff/clutch etc. would hold up, every M3 swap I know went full M3 drivetrain. LSD is required for cornering fun... not sure if 325 had LSD.

I really dont know if it hast two or just one... it looks like only one. the thing i could notice its the tranny is shorter... becouse it only goes to 40mph in first gear and to 65 mph in second gear. is that better or worse?? help please!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

take a picture of the engine and post it up, and we could probably tell u right there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast