Quantcast
East Indian Head Gear - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: East Indian Head Gear

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default East Indian Head Gear

I coach kid's basketball and one of my players is an east indian with a wrapped bun (don't know what else to call it) on top of his head secured by just an elastic band. Unfortunately the thing comes undone all the time in practice and in games, and is becoming a big distraction. Has anyone else had this problem? And what would be a decent solution?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    X100 | A80

I know if I had a large towel wrapped around my head all day I'd probably take it off.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

Default Re: East Indian Head Gear

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I coach kid's basketball and one of my players is an east indian with a wrapped bun (don't know what else to call it) on top of his head secured by just an elastic band. Unfortunately the thing comes undone all the time in practice and in games, and is becoming a big distraction. Has anyone else had this problem? And what would be a decent solution?

I have some friends that wear the Under Armour Skull cap over top to keep it from falling apart.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/e...ap/8000071-001

It would be super funny if their religion called for cowboy hats or the cat in the hat hats and then they made it into the nba....

lol

So I guess football is out of the question for these kids?

How do they swim?

or sky dive?

or race cars?

or anything that requires a helmet?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Its called a turban and not sure if there is a solution
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

tell him to tie that jazz tighter.

What is the point of growing your hair long and covering it as to have it never be seen?

Why not just remove it for basketball?
    What is going to happen? oh no, he has disgraced his 500 yr old religion by showing his hair.
    haha, all the while he is playing basketball, obviously which is a great part of the religion and is very key to being a good seik.

He should glue it to his head, or run a band of duct tape along the edge.

Or maybe he should just ask his all powerful all knowing god how to play basketball while staying within the technicality boundaries of the turban.
    ^ [context] obviously this is a rhetorical question as it is impossible.

What next, will they let the women play wearing veils over their faces? and cover their legs?
    oh wait, the women are oppressed into not being able to do activities such as basketball, only the men are allowed.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-22-2009 at 02:05 AM.

Holy shit that's trippy

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...i-sports_N.htm

Speak of the devil, errr, woman.

lol

These chicks can take off their gear, why not these seik boys?

is it mandatory in the sikh religion to wear a turban? i know they cant cut their hair, but cant they just let it hang loose?

Originally posted by turbotrip
    is it mandatory in the sikh religion to wear a turban? i know they cant cut their hair, but cant they just let it hang loose?
    I think this is punishable by death.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...forces-helmets

What a retarded seik, I hope he one day falls off his bike and cracks his skull into a million pieces.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by TurboD
    It would be super funny if their religion called for cowboy hats or the cat in the hat hats and then they made it into the nba....

lol

So I guess football is out of the question for these kids?

How do they swim?

or sky dive?

or race cars?

or anything that requires a helmet?
    Heck no. If someone bitches loudly enough and calls "racism", then we bend the rules for anybody... just to be politically correct.

Shit... who cares about safety anyway? Personally, I LOVE the idea of my tax dollars going towards taking medical care of someone for the rest of their life because they deemed their religion more important than their personal safety.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    525it/XC90/V70R

To be straight to the point, don't worry about it. You are coaching kids basketball, not the NBA. Let the kids have fun, and leave the turban issue to the kid and his parents to figure out. You could open a whole can a worms up if you approach them with your concern about it. But who knows, they could be open to your criticism. But i say just let it go.

If the other kids start making a bid deal about it, then you need to explain to them that its in his religion to wear a turban, and you all need to respect that, or leave the team. If it starts to stress you out, then you should consider not coaching anymore.

Originally posted by sullygully
    then you need to explain to them that its in his religion to wear a turban, and you all need to respect that, or leave the team.
    Religion does NOT automatically deserve respect.
    Do you respect the way their religion has oppressed women for 500 years?
    If I go into math class and tell the teacher that I believe 2+2 is 6, because of faith, does this deserve respect as well?
    If I go to a job interview and tell the panel that I believe that elvis is still alive, because of my faith, does that also deserve respect?

If your faith is that god can heal your children's illness' and as a result instead of going to the doctor for major health problems you pray for your kids and deny them reality...
    By default you must also respect them for this.

Why should these indoctrinations be respected blindly, and teaching children that it's ok to believe in something with no logical or reality based thinking.

the seik hair growing is like a playoff beard that lasts their entire life and they never actually end up winning the big game, or even playing in it, they are just deluded into thinking they are.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-22-2009 at 03:34 PM.

My Ride
    CD5

The kid is a Sikh (in Sanskrit it means disciple or follower).

sexualbanana, tell his parents to tie a "patka" which is the one in the pictures TurboD posted. This will help prevent his hair from opening.

Originally posted by <giani>
    The kid is a Sikh (in Sanskrit it means disciple or follower).

sexualbanana, tell his parents to tie a "patka" which is the one in the pictures TurboD posted. This will help prevent his hair from opening.
    Solution to every problem.

the underarmour skull cap is a good idea. or get his parents to make him wear a patka as <giani> mentioned. tell them that its not safe if its falling apart all the time, not just for him but for the other kids. Unless they're some hardcore conversative people they should understand.
    Arguing over the internet is like cheering on the Oilers. Win or lose, you're still a dumbass.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    you mack daddy

My Ride
    88 Soup

Instead of making this thread why don't you use your head and talk to the kids parents?
    See if they have family members/friends in the same situation and ask the people who wear patkas (what you ignorantly call a bun) what they do?

I think that would be much more productive then posting something like this on a forum where every johhny no name e-shit talker can give his two cents on how other peoples cultures should be handled.

Ps If your coaching a kids bb team, and your to fucking hard headed to even know what his "bun" is called, go get a job where you can be a stupid fuck, like a cop.

My Ride
    This and that.

Religion does NOT automatically deserve respect.
    Do you respect the way their religion has oppressed women for 500 years?
    If I go into math class and tell the teacher that I believe 2+2 is 6, because of faith, does this deserve respect as well?
    If I go to a job interview and tell the panel that I believe that elvis is still alive, because of my faith, does that also deserve respect?

If your faith is that god can heal your children's illness' and as a result instead of going to the doctor for major health problems you pray for your kids and deny them reality...
    By default you must also respect them for this.

Why should these indoctrinations be respected blindly, and teaching children that it's ok to believe in something with no logical or reality based thinking.

the seik hair growing is like a playoff beard that lasts their entire life and they never actually end up winning the big game, or even playing in it, they are just deluded into thinking they are.
    You don't have a bloody clue about what you're talking about.
    First of all, if you want to talk about something and criticize it, know how it's spelt. It's SIKH. And second of all, in Sikhism women have NEVER been oppressed in any way, or asked to wear veils or cover their heads what so ever. That's a completely different religion, so get your facts straight before you feel like opening your mouth.

My Ride
    88 Soup

"Sikhs" grow their beards and hair because its the only thing on your body you can cut off and it will come back, therefore it should be respected, is that not a logical thought? Chop off your own finger and hope it'll come back smart ass, its called being thankful. If you don't respect it, who cares? I doubt a whole lot of people honestly care for the mindless, half thought up dribble that pours out of your mouth. Don't think big words over shadow ignorance. Go pick up a book and do some homework, or shut you mouth.

Which ever seems more logical to you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast