Quantcast
East Indian Head Gear - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: East Indian Head Gear

Originally posted by SlickMick

"Sikhs" grow their beards and hair because its the only thing on your body you can cut off and it will come back, therefore it should be respected, is that not a logical thought? Chop off your own finger and hope it'll come back smart ass, its called being thankful. If you don't respect it, who cares? I doubt a whole lot of people honestly care for the mindless, half thought up dribble that pours out of your mouth. Don't think big words over shadow ignorance. Go pick up a book and do some homework, or shut you mouth.

Which ever seems more logical to you.
    I scraped my knee and lost the skin when I was a kid, but the skin grew back.

The fact that they are amazed that hair grows is a clue about how out of touch with reality they are.

Also, I spell seik wrong on purpose because I feel that it doesn't deserve enough respect to be spelled correctly.
    Last edited by TurboD; 11-22-2009 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by TurboD

fuck you, I cut my fingernails all the time and they grow back.

Also, I spell seik wrong on purpose because I feel that it doesn't deserve enough respect to be spelled correctly.

Not only did you lose your skin, you lost your brain as well, which obviously never grew back.

And an ignorant fuck like yourself doesn't deserve anyone's respect and isn't even worth talking to. So am done doing that.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 11-22-2009 at 05:22 PM.

I scraped my knee and lost the skin when I was a kid, but the skin grew back.

The fact that they are amazed that hair grows is a clue about how out of touch with reality they are.

go back to learning about ied's and worshiping al-qaeda's.

My Ride
    88 Soup

Your a fucking clown @TurboD, don't worry buddy what you give you receive ten fold.

My Ride
    TL

I really wish I could understand people like TurboD. They just love to start shit and pull out the most ridiculous arguments

My Ride

SlickMick`s explanation of Sikhism and growing your hair is misinformed I think, but I am amazed at the hate someone can have for another religion without a real reason.

From what I understand, Sikhs do not cut their hair because their belief is God intended for their bodies to be in their natural form, and not to alter them i.e. cut hair, get tattoos etc. Someone with a better understanding can expand on this if they want.

TurboD was obviously bullied by some brown guys in high school or something, because I have never seen someone with such hate without reason. He does love to start shit on here, but let him get it out, we all know he`d never have the balls to do it out in the real world.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Thanks for coming out...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

So glad someone got rid of that troll.

My Ride
    02' dc5

Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
    So glad someone got rid of that troll.
    Too bad he'll be back in an hour on another account

My Ride
    This and that.

And if he continues being a douche....he'll get taken care of again

i was told by a sikh friend that they have to grow out their hair and wear the bangle is because some of them refused to fight in a war a long time ago, so their religious leader at the time said if they act like women they should look like them. i dont know if thats actually true, but thats what he believed?

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by turbotrip
    i was told by a sikh friend that they have to grow out their hair and wear the bangle is because some of them refused to fight in a war a long time ago, so their religious leader at the time said if they act like women they should look like them. i dont know if thats actually true, but thats what he believed?
    LOL if you actually heard that from a Sikh then he's completely ignorant and doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about. And you are crazy gullible.

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

^^please let us know what the hair/turban represents?

My Ride
    66 Accord

Im also curious of the true reason why Sikh's don't cut or show their hair. Someone please explain this!

My Ride
    88 Soup

Originally posted by 5hift
    SlickMick`s explanation of Sikhism and growing your hair is misinformed I think, but I am amazed at the hate someone can have for another religion without a real reason.

From what I understand, Sikhs do not cut their hair because their belief is God intended for their bodies to be in their natural form, and not to alter them i.e. cut hair, get tattoos etc. Someone with a better understanding can expand on this if they want.

TurboD was obviously bullied by some brown guys in high school or something, because I have never seen someone with such hate without reason. He does love to start shit on here, but let him get it out, we all know he`d never have the balls to do it out in the real world.
    Misinformed, perhaps a bit. I'm Sikh, just not brought up the same way as the person at hand. Its a combo of things, do differentiate from Islamics and Hindus during the creation and turmoil of Sikh society in ancient India, to be respectful to there own body as 5hift had said, to show their devotion to their faith. Hopefully hate like this will be subdued one day. I grew up with whites, asians, blacks and to this day we respect every aspect of peoples lives. Ya and that TurboD is an idiot... weak fuck.
    Last edited by SlickMick; 11-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.

My Ride
    335i

Sikhs preserve their hair because it is a part of their natural body systems that should not be tampered with. They do not cut their hair because it is an extension of themselves that God created and thus, should remain natural.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by SlickMick
    Instead of making this thread why don't you use your head and talk to the kids parents?
    See if they have family members/friends in the same situation and ask the people who wear patkas (what you ignorantly call a bun) what they do?

I think that would be much more productive then posting something like this on a forum where every johhny no name e-shit talker can give his two cents on how other peoples cultures should be handled.

Ps If your coaching a kids bb team, and your to fucking hard headed to even know what his "bun" is called, go get a job where you can be a stupid fuck, like a cop.
    First of all, I don't believe it's a turban as it does not look similar to other turbans I've seen in the past which are more similar to the one I've seen his father wear. Though I could be wrong. I don't currently know any Sikhs personally for me to simply ask one of them of the proper terminology for it, therefore I came on here to ask for an opinion. 'Bun' was simply a description, which as you may have noticed in my initial post, was used simply for lack of a better word. How else would you describe something in which you don't know the name of? Had I known it was called a patka, I would have called it a patka.

Second of all, I posted on this forum as a form of research. I don't want to bring it up to the parents without any prior knowledge as to what others have done in the past, I'm hoping that if we can come up with reasonable alternatives based on prior experiences. Seeing as how I have never played basketball on a team with a Sikh, I have no idea how they would handle the problem with having an unsecured patka.

Third, to ensure that it is indeed a patka, I would like to describe the attire in question so as to avoid further confusion. My player has his hair grown out and braided, so it is kept wrapped in a small piece of fabric secured at the top of his head by an elastic band. Needless to say, the elastic band does not do a very good job of staying secure to his head, causing it to come loose often.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    This and that.

What they most likely do is tie the knot of the hair on the top and put a 'rumaal' which is also just a handkerchief around the knot of the hair and put an elastic band around it. Let me guess just the top knot on the head is covered in this so called piece of fabric and rest of the hair can be seen? They are much easier to do when compared to patka's or turbans and that's why people do them quite often on younger kids cause they are more active they tend to move and jump around a lot and having to fix a patka or a turban that often would be too hard and time consuming.

Another reason is that during sports when you sweat a lot this provides the best way of circulation, otherwise under a patka or a turban it would just simply get way too hot. You could try suggesting a patka to this parents and see what they think about it. It is usually more secure, although if you accidentally touch it abruptly or try to move it or anything (eg. tackle sports) it would come right off as well and would be much more time consuming and harder to put back.

This is what a patka looks like
    http://www.saldef.org/PR/hathwal.jpg

My Ride
    Upass

Yea I think a Patka is the solution in this case, my friend was on the team back in highschool and he never had a problem with it coming loose. Neither the student or his parents should feel offended by this request what so ever.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Thanks for coming out...
    Thank GOD! Stupid fucking ignorant piece of shit troll is finally gone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast