Quantcast
MR-2 AW11 Track Car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MR-2 AW11 Track Car

My Ride
    88 Mr-2 N/A / 86 Celica GTS

Default MR-2 AW11 Track Car

Well im just in the early stages of my build but heres what im planning pics will be up when there done uploading.

So its a 1988 mr-2 N/A with not one option (opposite of fully loaded so nothing to weigh it down.)
    i'm pulling out the stock 4AGE and gonna drop a 20v Silvertop which in time ill work up. definitely wanna up the stock suspension but keep this car as light as possible. as for right now im gonna be picking up the new engine in a week and ill try to pull the old engine tomorrow. this is also my first engine swap
    Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

My Ride

So here are the befores.

Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

My Ride

looks like im ready to start my first project car and first engine swap.
    Originally posted by Ben

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Looks promising. Why not drop the 4AGZE in the car and either Turbo or put an overdrive pulley from NST or T3 on it? I have a GZE swapped AE86 with an overdrive pulley from T3 on it. The boost from the S/C is quick, and precise.

Ray

My Ride

well stock 4agze is what 146hp
    and a silvertop with blacktop ECU 165
    iv driven both a blacktop and a 4agze in aw11's
    and i definatly prefered the constant power from low to high were i felt the supercharger sort of dragging on a bit in the high points

also cost wise for less hp and torque the 4agze costs 400-500$ more(my budget isnt huge this build is gonna take a while due to funding ) and 20v is the easiest possible swap for the aw11 (being my first swap this appeals to me greatly).
    Originally posted by Ben

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

I would set the most money aside on suspension work, brakes, wheels and tires. They will make you much faster and consistent than an engine swap. If that is worked into the budget then carry on

Good luck man

My Ride

well actually the current engine that is in there has an undiagnosed problem keeping it from starting it has a huge clunking noise and for its km its not even worth bringing it in to get it look at so i'm pretty sure having a working engine is the first important step.
    i'm gonna be pulling apart the old engine to get a look whats wrong as well. but yes after the engine swap im going to be putting all my money towards what you listed up there.

oh and if anyones got any tips for my first swap im all ears.
    Originally posted by Ben

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by rockanrepublic
    well stock 4agze is what 146hp
    and a silvertop with blacktop ECU 165
    iv driven both a blacktop and a 4agze in aw11's
    and i definatly prefered the constant power from low to high were i felt the supercharger sort of dragging on a bit in the high points
    compared to the stocker aw11 gze, a gze out of an AE92 is about 170hp, then an aftermarket pulley kit with a bump up to around 10psi (from 7 stock iirc) makes a huge difference, especially in an aw11.

my brother's ae92 levin is a rocket with that setup, power band feels great in these little yotas, highly suggest looking into it.

My Ride

Originally posted by n1zm0

compared to the stocker aw11 gze, a gze out of an AE92 is about 170hp, then an aftermarket pulley kit with a bump up to around 10psi (from 7 stock iirc) makes a huge difference, especially in an aw11.

my brother's ae92 levin is a rocket with that setup, power band feels great in these little yotas, highly suggest looking into it.
    hmm duely noted but like i said this will be my first swap and looking at the silvertop it goes right on to the existing mount and existing transmission(if i choose so) it has very few modifications needed and best chance for success.

so the later model 4agze i cant imagine there being much swap support and im guessing i would need mounts fabricated right?
    i still have tell around the 15th to decide.
    oh what to do what to do...
    Originally posted by Ben

My Ride
    2008 UA7

good luck on the build trent!
    1998 Honda Civic SI *totalled*
    2000 Honda Prelude *sold*
    2004 Acura TSX *sold*
    2004 Honda S2000 *sold*
    2008 Acura TL Type S *current daily*
    2015 KTM RC390 *current daily*

My Ride

hmm duely noted but like i said this will be my first swap and looking at the silvertop it goes right on to the existing mount and existing transmission(if i choose so) it has very few modifications needed and best chance for success.

so the later model 4agze i cant imagine there being much swap support and im guessing i would need mounts fabricated right?
    i still have tell around the 15th to decide.
    oh what to do what to do...
    The later-model MR2's came with the 4AGZE. The mounting is the same, in the AE86 it's forward facing and in the MR2, like your 4AGE is transverse. I've found alot of guys liking the 4AGZE (especially myself) because of the S/C's ability to boost, and boost quickly at that.

Basically, your GZE is a 4AGE with better reinforced parts as well as a better power handling + boosted application liking engine than your Silvertop. Basically, your 4AGE and 4AGZE are the same engine style, with different characteristics.

Personally, the feel of the S/C and the whine of it is enough to kick the MR2 into some very quick speeds as well as if you are tracking the car, enough to pull into a corner, and exit faster (obviously, S/C'd right, more power).

If you plan to keep the car, and have boost dreams - go with a GZE. I know a guy who you can contact if you like via email who can help you with anything Toyota related. He's the guy who did my swap.

Ray

My Ride

Originally posted by 5fivespeed

The later-model MR2's came with the 4AGZE. The mounting is the same, in the AE86 it's forward facing and in the MR2, like your 4AGE is transverse. I've found alot of guys liking the 4AGZE (especially myself) because of the S/C's ability to boost, and boost quickly at that.

Basically, your GZE is a 4AGE with better reinforced parts as well as a better power handling + boosted application liking engine than your Silvertop. Basically, your 4AGE and 4AGZE are the same engine style, with different characteristics.

Personally, the feel of the S/C and the whine of it is enough to kick the MR2 into some very quick speeds as well as if you are tracking the car, enough to pull into a corner, and exit faster (obviously, S/C'd right, more power).

If you plan to keep the car, and have boost dreams - go with a GZE. I know a guy who you can contact if you like via email who can help you with anything Toyota related. He's the guy who did my swap.

Ray
    hmm yea im still not sure but i have time to decide i will do some research between the two and ask a couple people on IMOC and get back to you thanks.
    Originally posted by Ben

My Ride

**UPDATE**
    well the removal is fully completed here are some pics i took, some are halfway done then all the way done.

Originally posted by Ben

My Ride

hmm yea im still not sure but i have time to decide i will do some research between the two and ask a couple people on IMOC and get back to you thanks.
    Well feel free to ask me if you like, I went from a 4AGE to 4AGZE and it's like night and day in terms of pull. I'm GZE biased.

Ray

My Ride
    2008 UA7

I know a guy named Orlando. He lives by my house and hes a Toyota Guru man. You can come over if you want and we can go to his house.
    1998 Honda Civic SI *totalled*
    2000 Honda Prelude *sold*
    2004 Acura TSX *sold*
    2004 Honda S2000 *sold*
    2008 Acura TL Type S *current daily*
    2015 KTM RC390 *current daily*

My Ride
    sr86

ray is right a 4agze at this altitude is a much better choice and you will love the torque so much more then that high rpm sound... its just a sound you actually get no power, really. SC and a nice underdrive pulley or turbo it or both sc and turbo all great options. 20 valve money tops are more talk that guts imo

Originally posted by MugenBB6
    I know a guy named Orlando. He lives by my house and hes a Toyota Guru man. You can come over if you want and we can go to his house.
    He's also got a really nice line up of Toyotas and his kids aswell. Corolla crazy

As for the BT20v or the GZE, go with the late model GZE. Boost is great

In my mki mr2s i have had the following engines.

stock 4age
    smallport 4age
    20valve
    4agze sc with pulley
    3rd gen 3sgte

I will be completely honest and say aside from the 3sgte swap( ) the 4agze is the most fun and the quickest. With the NA engine transmission, the gear ratios are extremely fun and quick.

3sgte is a different story but also not a simple swap.

My Ride

Originally posted by Crow

He's also got a really nice line up of Toyotas and his kids aswell. Corolla crazy

As for the BT20v or the GZE, go with the late model GZE. Boost is great
    Orlando and his son did my engine swap. They really, really know their ways around Toyota's. Really made me feel welcome whenever I dropped by. I'm boost-addicted after the swap. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ray