Quantcast
Mustang vs Sir - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang vs Sir

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Originally posted by Stealth R/T
    What the hell are we all still talking about Mustangs for??? They are not a very fast car. 260hp out of a V8 is a disgrace...........
    Again, look at what a Mustang GT (V8) costs- about $30 000 canadian. When a car costs that much, obviously its meant to be a quick mass production car. They are restricted to doing what can be done in the factory and cannot afford to tweak the engine or use certain materials (which would make the cost of the car go up) to increase hp. Name one car with a V8 that is comparable to a Mustang GT in terms of price AND performance. I guarantee you will have a hard time finding one. Also, keep in mind that a Cobra (between 1999 and 2002) also has a naturally aspirated V8 and it makes 320hp using this 4.6L V8. A new Corvette uses a 5.7L V8 to make 350hp. The corvette has an entire LITRE more of displacement and yet only makes 30hp more. So when you take all of that into account, 260hp out of a mass production V8 is DAMN SWEET when the car only costs $30 000.
    And as for you saying that mustangs are not very fast cars....well i see that you drive the top of the line Stealth (the twin turbo version). Well why dont you go race a top of the line Mustang (like the cobra) and see how fast your car is....

Last- I forgot to ask earlier, but black94gt, I see you drive a 94 PGT...wtf is a PGT? Probe GT? If it is a probe, then dont bother replying...

What about in Z06 trim when the 5.7 is making some 400 odd hp? That's 70.2 hp per liter as opposed to the cobra's 69.6 hp per liter. It's the exact same 5.7 in the base vette's just at a different level of tune. I only said this to point out that the previous cobra motor really isn't all that great, and we won't get into the detonation problems it has had, thats a whole other story.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

hey mathematics genius your math sucks 5.9rt the new cobra not in the same leagues as the zo6 but close makes 84.78 hp per liter vs the z06 72.8

just in cause you question my math 390/4.6=84.78 and 415/5.7=72.8 (cobra first corvette second)
    Last edited by buh_buh; 08-27-2002 at 02:01 AM.

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    hey mathematics genius your math sucks 5.9rt the new cobra not in the same leagues as the zo6 but close makes 84.78 hp per liter vs the z06 72.8
    "previous cobra motor "

Before you bash, read. Hooked on phonics most certianly did not work for you.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

they why would compare a z06 corvetter to a cobra why a normal corvette to normal cobra of the same years sped either way your math was wrong for the corvette sped

My Ride
    '01 Stang

5.9rt, if your talking about the "previous cobra motor", lets talk about the Mustang Cobra R. It was a 2000 release, while the Z06 has been released in both 2001 and 2002 so far. The Cobra R, using the same "previous cobra motor" (a 4.6L DOHC V8) puts out 385hp. Now, doing the math, that works out to...83.69 hp/litre.
    Also, at the risk of sounding like a nitpicking nerd, the new cobra uses the same motor as the old one. The only difference is the roots supercharger...

385/4.6=83.69 hp/litre

The corvette Z06 puts out exactly 405hp from a 5.7 Litre LS8 generation V8.

405/5.7=71.05 hp/litre

Anyways, theres the math.
    Objects in mirror are losing!

they why would compare a z06 corvetter to a cobra why a normal corvette to normal cobra of the same years sped either way your math was wrong for the corvette sped
    "some 400 odd hp"

Again, before you bash, read. I wasn't sure about the vettes hp # but i knew it was over 400 and that's why there's the "odd" after it. I was comparing the two because the cobra is the highest state of tune for the 4.6 just like the 5.7 is the highest state of tune in the Z06. I'm just talking motors here, it doesn't matter what car they are in, or if they are in the same class. As for the year, i just used the most recent numbers for both motors, but if we were to compare 01 to 01 the 4.6 would have a slight edge in hp/l. So don't get your panties all tied up in a bunch, and slow down when you read. Oh and try using periods and commas instead of just one long sentance because its hard to understand when someone just keeps talking in one long sentance and you dont know what they are trying to connect it just keeps going without end switching from one idea to the next its kinda hard to read dont you think?

smell the rubber v6 mustangs suck ass second if you anything about cars which you dont you would go making stupid arguments with the wrong info

ie the 2000 cobra r is a 5.4 liter engine

Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
    5.9rt, if your talking about the "previous cobra motor", lets talk about the Mustang Cobra R. It was a 2000 release, while the Z06 has been released in both 2001 and 2002 so far. The Cobra R, using the same "previous cobra motor" (a 4.6L DOHC V8) puts out 385hp. Now, doing the math, that works out to...83.69 hp/litre.
    Also, at the risk of sounding like a nitpicking nerd, the new cobra uses the same motor as the old one. The only difference is the roots supercharger...

385/4.6=83.69 hp/litre

The corvette Z06 puts out exactly 405hp from a 5.7 Litre LS8 generation V8.

405/5.7=71.05 hp/litre

Anyways, theres the math.
    The new cobra motor has a cast iron block and different internals compared with the all aluminum block on the previous cobras, not to sound like a nit picking nerd or anything.

oh yeah z06 is a 415hp

smell the rubber v6 mustangs suck ass second if you anything about cars which you dont you would go making stupid arguments with the wrong info

Hahaha stang owners can't even get along with their own kind.

v8 vs v6 we dont like the midget stangs

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Shit, those were quick replies...
    Yeah my bad, the Cobra R is a 5.4L! Sorry bout the mistake.
    Anyways 300, type properly, decoding your replies is a bitch.

5.9rt, yeah your right, but those new internals are only there to handle the added pressures and loads of the supercharger..the motor itself is still the same design.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Hahaha stang owners can't even get along with their own kind.
    and the legend of ford lives on~

Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

5.9rt, yeah your right, but those new internals are only there to handle the added pressures and loads of the supercharger..the motor itself is still the same design.
    Well no shit. How much hp do you think the 5.7 would churn out if an SC was strapped onto it? I only compared the NA to NA motors because thats the only fair way to do it. Just because a FI motor can crank out more hp/l then an NA motor does not make it better. In fact I would be quite disapointed if it didn't. Just for your info, the new turbo neon motor will put out more hp/l then the cobra's, and there are many import cars that put out much more hp/l in NA form. The cobra motor in NA or FI form isn't really all that special, and if you talk to the guys that race on these motors you'll find out that it takes a lot to hold them together too. Ford should have stuck with the 302, now that was a great motor.

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Maybe...
    But were way out of similiar price brackets here...if ford sold a mustang for as much as a corvette, you'd be damn sure that engine would make comparable power...now I see I shouldnt have brought up a corvette in the first place...
    But while were ont he subject of motors... bring in a 2000 Camaro SS and a 2002 Firebird Trans Am- both these cars use pretty much the same motor as a corvette (using a LS1 5.7L V8) The 2002 Firebird Trans Am puts out 325hp and the Camaro SS puts out 320. The 2000 cobra puts out 320 from a 4.6L motor.
    And all these cars cost around the same...

This whole argument is going nowhere......anyways all Ive been trying to say is that a 260hp V8 in a mass production car is not bad. Thats all...im done.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

holy fuck it is ricer math

Oh wow, referring hp/litre to domestics

120hp/litre now that is a good ratio

The SiR has no chance, if it was a GT, the dude wasn't trying. It would be a fair one between a GT and a S though.
    Bay Area Dreamin'
    Cruisin' in Cowtown
    10' IS F

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by SilverStreak

The SiR has no chance, if it was a GT, the dude wasn't trying. It would be a fair one between a GT and a S though.
    y0 hiz VtEcZ KiCkEd in y0 !!

My Ride
    '05 Legacy GT

Originally posted by Stealth R/T
    What the hell are we all still talking about Mustangs for??? They are not a very fast car. 260hp out of a V8 is a disgrace...........
    300 ft/lbs of torque isn't though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast