Quantcast
The latest Race City news, not good!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The latest Race City news, not good!!

My Ride
    81 Z28

Default The latest Race City news, not good!!

So with the rally & large show of public support we had for Race City last fall, City council voted to re-negotiate the lease for another 5 years & we all thought we had won.

Not a chance.

The City came back with their offer for a lease, the old terms were about $3,000/month + the property taxes(over $100,000 year, I think it was $130,000 but I'm not 100% sure)

The new terms?

$90,000/month + taxes based on a greatly increased land value, probably close to $500,000 if not more.

So about $1.5 million a year from $150-180,000 last year.
    Looks like Bronco is going to win & we racers will lose.

More details & info.

SE Calgary News

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

What a fucking idiot.
    I hope a street racer smash's into his benz.
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride
    sedan

Can anyone linked to the owners of RC confirm?

Just when you think your vote and political pressure has an effect on decisions made, this goes ahead and shows you that your vote and your protests do little to alter the self interest of the city.

That's too bad, I hope this isn't true.

edited for accuracy*
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 11-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.

My Ride
    Hondas

FFS! Those assholes....

My heart is in the pit of my stomach right now....... I don't even know what to say.

Originally posted by TimeAttack

Just when you think your vote and political pressure has an effect on decisions made, this goes ahead and shows you that your vote and your protests do little to alter the self interest of the province.

It's so true.... that rally and all the show of support.... for nothing. Politics are horrible, and politicians are fucking lowlifes.
    Last edited by 89s1; 11-24-2009 at 01:28 PM.

well Bronco is done, next election, Ric mciver has my vote.
    Im sick of this shit... Lets build a tootsie pop peace bridge for $20m Instead

Fuck sakes.

My Ride
    sedan

Does anyone else feel like the kid in the playground that has had his hat stolen and tossed back and forth by the school seniors.
    To the point where you are running back and forth trying to get any bit or piece of it back you can, and it happens every time you come to school.

But there comes a point where your dignity is more important than playing these games with the city...
    Even though some of your friends continue to run around and make fools of themselves.

edited for accuracy*
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 11-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.

This was already posted here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/249536/ra...your-alderman/

But it deserves a new thread. I can't believe the shady underhanded things that some people on the city council will do to get their way. Its absolute shit, when the council votes one way and some members find a way to sink the ship anyway.

My Ride
    81 Z28

But there comes a point where your dignity is more important than playing these games with the province...
    that your vote and your protests do little to alter the self interest of the province.
    This is all City work not the province.

And as far as the city goes, it's 95% Bronco's doing & Waste Management is the other 5%.

Originally posted by vengie
    well Bronco is done, next election, Ric mciver has my vote.
    Im sick of this shit... Lets build a tootsie pop peace bridge for $20m Instead

Fuck sakes.
    My thoughts exactly.

My Ride
    Hondas

Yep, Bronco is 100% on his own agenda.

He doesn't give a shit what people in this city think, it shows in more than just this instance as well.

In my honest and humble opinion Dave Thomas Bronconnier is a total fucking scumbag. Maybe he should go back to slinging burgers at Wendy's because I can't see the politics lasting much longer the way he blatantly goes about his own business like this.

dont forget anti-vehicle druh farrell. when no one wanted that stupid memorial closure thing she went around city council to get her way which was pretty underhanded as well.

you could tell watching that vote in september she was pretty butt hurt that it stayed open so im sure shes a part of this crap too.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

this is horrible news, i cant believe that they would even try to pull this sort of shit..

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Druh farrell and Bronco = OUT.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 01:11 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

i heard from a buddy that they wanted to throw a million bucks into snow removal and decided to kan the race track for the budget.

either way
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

and they are trying to make it harder to access the venue, causing huge problems for the larger events...

"Access to the track’s parking lot and direct access to the Calgary Kart Racing Club’s track on the southern edge of the land was supposed to be included in the new document. Instead, the October 23 letter states that the City “shall provide one access to the site, currently identified as the VIP entrance on 68 Street SE…”

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Guess im trailering to edmonton this season. Better start looking for a truck.

Bronco can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

The city doesn't care about what we think or want, as auto enthusiasts. They just did a big show of agreeing to us as the car communites of Calgary to show the local community that yes, we are "supporting" our city and keeping racing off the streets.

Stupid idiots. If my car gets ruined by some idiots street racing I'll raise hell for every penny invested into it from the city. Keep your selves safe, and our cars because obviously the city doesn't give two-shits about the safety of our citizens.

Ray

My Ride
    ST205

We made a big deal to show our support for race city and as a result of that (maybe) we won ourselves a chance for race city to re-negotiate a lease extension.

Now that they've come back with such a outrageous term, what are we gonna do about it?
    Probably nothing.
    Regular citizen goes on living thinking that the city's doing a great job cuz they've "agreed" to the demands of these automotive enthusiast.

We, as the masses, always follows the first wave of a sensational story, but never follow up with it.

The city knows that's what the masses is like. Just as long as they can get past the first wave then they could do whatever they want afterwards.

Race city probably won't get another public support like we had in the summer.

That's just life and it sucks.

I'm surprised that some of you guys are surprised at this, or even thought that you "won" when they had the council vote.

It was fairly apparent something like this was going to happen. In the end, the government will always win and do whatever it wants.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast