Quantcast
do you think this is racist? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think this is racist?

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by Antonito

if anything at the end the black guy should thank the white guy for bringing him over and saving him from starving or dieing of aids or in a genocide because of crazy drug lords. Now they all get to enjoy the freedom and great life style in America. IMO if i was living on poverty in Africa I'd rather be someone bitch and live in the USA

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I agree to the fact that they want to be equal, but then do stuff like this. I never really had to think about racism growing up because I lived in a small town in BC with one black guy. Not saying that racism is linked directly to blacks, but it just seems when you say or do something against an asian or brown person it isnt as bad. Kinda odd how that works.

As for the business though I agree that if a white group said no were only helping white people there would be an out rage.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

There are already tons of organizations set up to help everyone start up businesses, many of them government sponsored. Being that Canada is a majority white country, these programs are then by default run from a "white" perspective. What kind of specialization is needed for the program to fully speak to you?

It's like the whole "well if black people have BET, why can't I have WET?"

Because if you turn on a TV the majority of programming is already primarily white-centric.
    FINALLY. Someone who understands what's going on. Thank goodness there's someone on Beyond who actually understands the "BET vs WET" situation.

The point of this business is that the rest of society in Canada is geared toward the majority- white people. This includes services who offer help to people trying to get jobs, so one geared toward blacks is logical.

Originally posted by civicrider
    if anything at the end the black guy should thank the white guy for bringing him over and saving him from starving or dieing of aids or in a genocide because of crazy drug lords.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Because if you turn on a TV the majority of programming is already primarily white-centric.
    I dont agree with this. Pretty much every show right now has non-whites in it. Theres shows that are based directly on non-white families or groups. Shit even the cartoons now have non whites.

Family guy, cleveland show, shit even dora the explorer is latino (i think lol), and the list goes on.

There shows on WB and other channels that are so black that I dont even understand the humor in it.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

As long as people draw a distinction between themselves and other people based on race, there will always be racism.
    As long as this sort of tribal mentality exists, there will always be racism.

People who seek to elevate people based solely on their race, be it from a place of power (ie: white people), or from disadvantage (ie: black people) succeed only in feeding into this ideology of "us" and "them".

I'm not saying we're all the same and that everyone has the exact same opportunities. I'm saying that one of the biggest reasons racism still even exists is due to the same type mentality that organizations like this promote.

Now, whether they do more harm than good is another matter, and irrelevant to my point.
    The point is that these types of organizations/etc. will never solve our problems with race discrimination because they feed into the very reasons those problems still exist.

You'll never be able to pull enough black people out of poverty and into the boardroom to get rid of racism, because the lack of black CEO's isn't the cause of racism. The harder you try, the more distinctly you draw the line between "us" and "them".
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    As long as people draw a distinction between themselves and other people based on race, there will always be racism.
    As long as this sort of tribal mentality exists, there will always be racism.

People who seek to elevate people based solely on their race, be it from a place of power (ie: white people), or from disadvantage (ie: black people) succeed only in feeding into this ideology of "us" and "them".

I'm not saying we're all the same and that everyone has the exact same opportunities. I'm saying that one of the biggest reasons racism still even exists is due to the same type mentality that organizations like this promote.

Now, whether they do more harm than good is another matter, and irrelevant to my point.
    The point is that these types of organizations/etc. will never solve our problems with race discrimination because they feed into the very reasons those problems still exist.

You'll never be able to pull enough black people out of poverty and into the boardroom to get rid of racism, because the lack of black CEO's isn't the cause of racism. The harder you try, the more distinctly you draw the line between "us" and "them".
    well spoken and agreed

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    How is this any different than, say, gyms like SpaLady that only let Women join?

I don't see what the big deal is, personally.
    Spa Lady is there not to segregate but to give a place for fatties to train around other fatties and not be embarrassed. Personally I have no problems with that as it makes most of the women that go to the gym I go too be hot women hehe.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by snoop101
    I agree to the fact that they want to be equal, but then do stuff like this. I never really had to think about racism growing up because I lived in a small town in BC with one black guy. Not saying that racism is linked directly to blacks, but it just seems when you say or do something against an asian or brown person it isnt as bad. Kinda odd how that works.

As for the business though I agree that if a white group said no were only helping white people there would be an out rage.
    It's cuz black people will bitch about it till the day they die. Fuck I've been victim of racism because I'm off white (Italian and French blood) and you don't see me bitch about it. Who gives a shit. At least we're not in the states here with all the affirmative action shit. It's obvious they are just milking it for all it's worth.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

I'm Yellow,.... does that make me Chicken?

to the whole racial thing
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by civicrider

if anything at the end the black guy should thank the white guy for bringing him over and saving him from starving or dieing of aids or in a genocide because of crazy drug lords. Now they all get to enjoy the freedom and great life style in America. IMO if i was living on poverty in Africa I'd rather be someone bitch and live in the USA
    wow.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ekguy

Spa Lady is there not to segregate but to give a place for fatties to train around other fatties and not be embarrassed. Personally I have no problems with that as it makes most of the women that go to the gym I go too be hot women hehe.
    I thought it's women only so they won't get hit on by men.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by atgilchrist

wow.
    it is near impossible for those starving people over there to get over to North America and have a chance to live a full life, maybe see their kids make it past the age of five. I bet if you rolled over with a boat and said here's a free ride to Canada, all you have to do is work for free for five years and then you are free to go on with your own life in Canada. Hmmm work my ass off and live maybe get my ass kicked (back in the day) or curl up in the corner and slowly die as vultures wait.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by Xtrema

I thought it's women only so they won't get hit on by men.
    haha probably but I was just being an ass hehe. But yeah I'm sure thats why.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I sent an email too. Hopefully I get a reply.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

still have not got a reply from an email i sent yesterday.

Tough subject.

While i don't believe(ideally) one should give a hand up to anyone on the basis of discrimination as it suggests people of different ethinicites SHOULD be treated differently, as a business owner i believe i should be able to sell my product to anyone i want to.

I think if you believe you need a hand up to be equal to others suggests self esteem issues.

ultimately it comes down to a behavioral change in what we regard as discrimination or not. And i think we're in the midpoint of a transition due to havin the internet to communicate our opinions without the fear of physical backlash.

In time i think these organizations will disappear, but i plead that you vote with your wallet and not support them.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have no issue with a job placement agency in operation geared towards black , white, asians, indians, or little green men from another planet.

What I would have a problem with, is if someone from another race comes in, and is denied those services, based solely on race.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by ekguy

Haha good point...most hot girls probably like being noticed at the gym.

While I can appreciate the subtle differences, I still don't see how the issue at hand is THAT different though. The spa lady example is just discrimination based on sex rather than skin color. Then again don't businesses have the right to choose who they offer services to? I guess the bottom line is that I don't really care that much

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Hasn't the self-neutering liberal movement - and media - taught you anything!? It's only racist if a white person is doing the discrimination.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast