Fraudulent Bills - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Fraudulent Bills

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Former bank robbers??
    maybe they are chinese

My Ride
    88 Mr-2 N/A / 86 Celica GTS

my manager told me the bank reimburses us for fake 5's up to a limit per month
    Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

Are you guys serious you all have dealt with fake bills this much, am I just completely oblivious? To my knowledge I have never been given fake money - Although I have never worked in retail.
    That's intense I'm going to pay closer attention.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by ringer
    Are you guys serious you all have dealt with fake bills this much, am I just completely oblivious? To my knowledge I have never been given fake money - Although I have never worked in retail.
    That's intense I'm going to pay closer attention.
    x2. How do you instantly tell its fake like that?

Someone tried to pass a couple of fake $100's the other day at work. Just remember, if you knowingly pass fake money you can be found guilty of fraud. Take it to the police if you know where you got it from. You won't be reimbursed but maybe you get some scumball counterfeiter off the street.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

Originally posted by HHURICANE1
    Someone tried to pass a couple of fake $100's the other day at work. Just remember, if you knowingly pass fake money you can be found guilty of fraud. Take it to the police if you know where you got it from. You won't be reimbursed but maybe you get some scumball counterfeiter off the street.
    If you are passing counterfeit money off as legitimate money, who is to say whether or not you knew?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

If you are passing counterfeit money off as legitimate money, who is to say whether or not you knew?
    yeah, i could have passed hundreds of counterfeit bills already iv never examined them. i just assumed if they've got that shiny strip they're all good.

The crown would have to prove that you knew or ought to have known that you were passing counterfeit money. They could do this by pointing out how obviously fake the money was; by using security camera footage of you acting shifty as you passed the money; or putting into court records of posts you made to an internet message board explaining how you get rid of money that you know is counterfeit.

It's not easy for them to prove, but why take the chance for $5.00?

Personally, I'm in the crowd that is shocked to hear how common you guys seem to think it is to receive counterfeit bills. I'm going to pay more attention to my money from now on.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Originally posted by Seanith

x2. How do you instantly tell its fake like that?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, I don't know how many bills out there look identically like the authentic ones, but I've seen a lot of bills (lots of 50s) that are fake because they're a wee bit smaller than the original and the texture feels funny. The look of it going down to the strip and holograms look real too but it's the size and texture that gave it away. When it's something like that, I think the person should know because its pretty much common sense.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Yeah I once saw a friend get 3 fake $5 Bills from the walmart! At least he thinks it was from the walmart, he just spent them anyways. They were obvious fakes once you compared them to a real five, but they weren't bad at just passing by. Didn't the design of the $5 change to have the shiny strip?
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Take it to a police station, they will just want to know where you got it.

I am trying to remember (use to work at a bank so CPS would come pick up our fakes) 5's and 10's were Hells Angels I think and the larger bills were the Chinese gangs.

There are several ways to tell a fake:
    Feel of paper-will either be too thin or too thick, the texture can also be wrong-smooth with no texture to it.

Water spots-the little colored circles sprinkled over the bill-on a real bill you should be able to pick these off quite easily(pick at it or bend at the spot where the water spot it and it will lift up on one corner) and the spot underneath will be white(colorless)

Ink-sometimes if you drop a drop of water on a fake bill, the ink will run/bleed-real bills will not.

Details-I have seen fake bills with the design on the back of the bill flipped upside down, I have seen bills that are crooked(not lined up straight), finer details are blurry, not as sharp as you would expect.

Black Light-fake bills often glow under a black light.

Hologram-the metallic "20" on twenties and "50" on fifties on the top right corner-real bills it will change gold to green, green to gold, gold to red, red to gold.... on fake bills it is just one color-gold and will not change hues/shades.

Most of the bills I caught at the bank were strictly from the feel of the paper, the hologram and then looking more closely you notice all the shitty detailing. Most fake bills we came across were twenties(the last style without the large wavey hologram across one end).

Always check your bills, even from the bank-they can be missed and once you leave the bank or store you are SOL. Giving a fake bill to someone knowing it is fake is also obviously a crime.
    Last edited by bignerd; 11-29-2009 at 05:14 PM.

[url]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3