Clash of the Titans - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Titans

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Sick

Cant wait
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Looks ok, but there's something really classic about the original, like Harryhausen's stop motion skeletons. Hopefully this remake does justice to the original.

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

Just saw this last night!! sick movie.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Tried to go see it last night and it was sold out early early down here. How was the 3d?
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
    Just saw this last night!! sick movie.
    I disagree, I went and saw it on opening night with a buddy of mine and both of us were equally disappointment. I'm not sure where to begin my review of the movie, The story was weak, very contived and never really developed, there was no suspense or surprises. The plot itself was quite stupid, I understand that this might have to do more with the mythology that the movie was based on, but they could have changed/tweaked it to make it better. As soon as the movie begins you know exactly how it will end, thats not always a bad thing but in this case it was. The dialog was strained and lifeless as was the acting, but lets face it the reason you go to see a movie like this is the action.

The fight scenes in this were boring, there was never anything that felt epic, no blood, no gut, no limbs being hacked off. Instead of man to man combat most the time the main character is facing some stupid scorpion/monster. I just wish that the makers of these movies would focus on what really matters, story, character development and in this type of movie decent action. I could care less about the fact that some of these movies are in 3D, for the most part I think its a gimmick, I dont think that making a movie 3D actually adds anything to the experience as it pertains to cinema.

Im not sure what other movies are out at the moment but I would personally recommend people skip this. I cant really say one thing I liked about this movie, ive seen alot worse, but for an action movie, it fails to deliver what its supposed to. I hope these movies flop because im tired of watching previews for dance to the street 3/some stupid movie about piranhas attacking people, how do these companies actually sign off on projects like this.
    Last edited by mushi_mushi; 04-03-2010 at 06:10 PM.

watched it in 3D, but 3D wise it was nothing compared to Avatar. There was the added depth perception, but nothing really popping out. Would occasionally look at the screen without the glasses, and it pretty much looks the same for most of the movie. Not sure if it was where I was sitting this time, but my eyes were more strained and it seemed blurry and not as clear. Would of probably just watched it in 2D, but that won't help the movie itself.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I just watched it in 3d, and found nothing about it to be really 3d. I watched about 10 mins without the glasses and saw no real difference. That was a disappointment that it wast 3dish like avatar.
    But other then that I was entertained through the movie.
    I really liked Gemma arterton, she was pretty hot in the movie.

Crappy movie....lol 3d or no 3d didn't make a difference. Waste of money imo.

My Ride
    TL

another 300?

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

I thought it was pretty entertaining. I agree the 3D was useless though.

While this is called Clash of the Titans, I didn't see a single titan in the movie trailer. Also, I refuse to pay for this in big screen because Sam Worthington looks too much like Sean Avery

It was ok but wouldn't recommend watching it at the theatres. I watched it in 2D because I knew 3D was going to suck, they are just trying to make more money with all these 3D movies coming out.

Originally posted by 4doorj

I really liked Gemma arterton, she was pretty hot in the movie.
    She is going to be in Prince of Persia too.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by beecue
    She is going to be in Prince of Persia too.
    Nice. She's hot. A nude scene would be bonus but I guess you can't do much with PG13.

Weak movie. Weak 3D. I was going for 2D but got the wrong time, so may as well pay the $3 instead of waiting a couple hours for the next show.

There is no plot at all. It's just one big video game, level after level. You already know how the movie ends 1/2 way thru. And there ain't any epic fights.

2/5.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Pretty generic movie.

But in the last fight scene I kept waiting for X, O, [], or triangle to show up. That's how similar it was to God of War lol.

I agree with the majority of the reviews so far.

I was sorely disappointed with this movie. The "action" in this movie was mediocre at best. I'll spoiler my text for anybody who cares to read...

Spoiler:

The scorpions - I found this to be the most interesting combat and I actually only liked the 2 comedic relief characters vs the scorpions. They attacked the legs, they were agile and attacked appropriately as hunters would. The soldiers aside from the Captain basically just scrambled around and got massacred.

Calibos - The deformed guy - Imbued with Hades divine energy and basically only proved his worth vs the random soldiers. The fight scene between Perseus and Calibos was TERRIBLY boring. Throughout the entire movie you are disappointed with Perseus because he doesn't do shit all, now all of a sudden he is a master at flips, wall jumps and kills him in 3-4 attacks... LAME.

Medusa - Wow, terribly animated. I haven't seen this bad of animation since 1997's Anaconda. She looked like she belonged in a old video game more than a movie.

The Kraken - so everything you see with the Kraken in the trailer is almost the entire duration you see him in the movie. Literally they added 2 more scenes into the movie (when he shows up in the water and when hes moving in to eat Andromeda).

A big problem they had was TOO MANY CHARACTERS. 300 had , well, 300 soldiers - but they really focused on 4-6 of them and you felt really close to those soldiers. In this movie they had maybe 12, and you didn't give a shit for anybody other than Perseus, Draco (the captain), and the older guard (his name escapes me but he dies RIGHT AWAY against medusa when he falls in the pit) - there were some key development points like when Draco was talking about how he lost his daughter when she was 16 - THEY NEVER EXPLAINED HOW OR WHY (unless I missed it) and then he dies right away as well vs medusa - he cuts the stalactite , it lands on her butt, she turns around and kills him...

A few discrepancies i've noticed - when they leave the city they say its 4 days to get to the witches. So day 4 they meet the witches, then they travel to the underworld (doesnt really say how long this takes... if it takes 5-6 days, i find it hard to imagine NOTHING HAPPENS in this time), then Perseus gets Medusa's head just as the Kraken wakes up... and he flies back (a 10 day journey) in the period of 1 hr... not only that but the comic relief characters are already back at the city riding a scorpion... and everybody is okay with this...

This movie is rittled with plot holes (which i can ignore), horrible character development, disappointing fight sequences, and you can obviously tell 3d was an after thought.

BTW I fucking hate 3d, i couldnt find a 2d theatre close to me so i saw it in 3d and all of the trailers for up and coming movies weren't movies related to the fantasy genre... it was for 3d movies. "Step up 3D" ... fuck my life... the theater was dead silent after that trailer...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    a tank

I give it a 6
    I had to literally take my 3D glasses off because for some reason this 3D movie was more distracting and I had a hard time focusing since it was too dark.

if your going to watch, watch it in 2D
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I agree with the majority of the reviews so far.

I was sorely disappointed with this movie. The "action" in this movie was mediocre at best. I'll spoiler my text for anybody who cares to read...

Spoiler:

The scorpions - I found this to be the most interesting combat and I actually only liked the 2 comedic relief characters vs the scorpions. They attacked the legs, they were agile and attacked appropriately as hunters would. The soldiers aside from the Captain basically just scrambled around and got massacred.

Calibos - The deformed guy - Imbued with Hades divine energy and basically only proved his worth vs the random soldiers. The fight scene between Perseus and Calibos was TERRIBLY boring. Throughout the entire movie you are disappointed with Perseus because he doesn't do shit all, now all of a sudden he is a master at flips, wall jumps and kills him in 3-4 attacks... LAME.

Medusa - Wow, terribly animated. I haven't seen this bad of animation since 1997's Anaconda. She looked like she belonged in a old video game more than a movie.

The Kraken - so everything you see with the Kraken in the trailer is almost the entire duration you see him in the movie. Literally they added 2 more scenes into the movie (when he shows up in the water and when hes moving in to eat Andromeda).

A big problem they had was TOO MANY CHARACTERS. 300 had , well, 300 soldiers - but they really focused on 4-6 of them and you felt really close to those soldiers. In this movie they had maybe 12, and you didn't give a shit for anybody other than Perseus, Draco (the captain), and the older guard (his name escapes me but he dies RIGHT AWAY against medusa when he falls in the pit) - there were some key development points like when Draco was talking about how he lost his daughter when she was 16 - THEY NEVER EXPLAINED HOW OR WHY (unless I missed it) and then he dies right away as well vs medusa - he cuts the stalactite , it lands on her butt, she turns around and kills him...

A few discrepancies i've noticed - when they leave the city they say its 4 days to get to the witches. So day 4 they meet the witches, then they travel to the underworld (doesnt really say how long this takes... if it takes 5-6 days, i find it hard to imagine NOTHING HAPPENS in this time), then Perseus gets Medusa's head just as the Kraken wakes up... and he flies back (a 10 day journey) in the period of 1 hr... not only that but the comic relief characters are already back at the city riding a scorpion... and everybody is okay with this...

This movie is rittled with plot holes (which i can ignore), horrible character development, disappointing fight sequences, and you can obviously tell 3d was an after thought.

BTW I fucking hate 3d, i couldnt find a 2d theatre close to me so i saw it in 3d and all of the trailers for up and coming movies weren't movies related to the fantasy genre... it was for 3d movies. "Step up 3D" ... fuck my life... the theater was dead silent after that trailer...
    Now that I read your post... your right, this movie does kinda suck haha.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I was disappointed in the 3d in clash of the titans that I'm going to go watch How to train your dragon in 3d.

how to train a dragon is one of the best movies out there atm imo
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast