Quantcast
HID's, anyone have them on their civic? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HID's, anyone have them on their civic?

My Ride
    Civic SiR, Chev 3500 duramax

Default HID's, anyone have them on their civic?

well i'm want to pick up a set of hid's but i've heard every story from they are less bright than a stock halogen to they are amazing. Just wondering if anyone has them in their civic, which light housing you are using (stock or projector), what color or temp you have and what ya think of them.

thanks!

My Ride

well i'm interested in hid's so i guess i'll make it broader, anyone have hid's in a stock light housing? How does it preform?

it's illegal and don't do it... unless you have a stock projector light housing you'll be blinding every other driver on the road

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

it should be ok if it comes with a diffuser on it.. i should be getting some next year! get 4300k
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride

4300 would just be yellow like a stock halogen bulb wouldn't it? I like the white look with bulbs so i think i might go with something higher. I wanted purple/blue like the bmw x5's but i've been told you loose alot of light when you go with the higher temperatures. Anyone know what temp the x5 hid's are and if on one of our cars that color would be way worse than a 4300k bulb or fairly similar in light output?

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

5000/5100 ish are pure white ...
    Once you start going higher the light gets more blue/purple hue to it.

I think a lot of confusion sets in when you search ebay for HID light and all those 9006 halogen bulbs keep showing up saying OH way brighter, xenon gas this and long lasting that ... Those are the Sh!tty hid stories you hear.

TRUE HID bulbs are in a D2s or D2r?? light bulb .. theres other types but i know those for sure ...

Do a search on ebay for that, you'll see ballasts, bulbs, and projectors... These are TRUE hids that will light up the roads like the newer maximima's / audi's / nissan suv's etc.

I know 1 piece prelude JDM housing H3 bulbs are the same fitment as the D2S bulbs, but unless you have a proper projector the light beam will look like ass and glare the f*#* out of oncoming traffice ... thats what the projector is for ... which creates a straight cut off light pattern if you pull up to a garage or something ... I think civic is H4 ??

I can post some pics if you want of a 5gen prelude with a true retrofit hid projection system, no glare at all.. near perfect to what OEM would be .. but when it comes to civics i really dont have much know how on the headlight housing.

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-tested-retro.htm
    http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com

wicked site ^^ shows civics with the mods done ..
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..