Quantcast
Anybody doing business in China? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anybody doing business in China?

Default Anybody doing business in China?

About to start a business in China, just wondering if anyone has any experience with business law and accounting in China. Any information or where i can get it would help.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I outsource work to China... but I only deal with one company.

Don't know how much help that would be for you.

fail.

lol...soo you're about to start a business in a communist country with little or no knowledge of their business law there. Mmm good.

What kind of business is it?

There are probably some websites out there, but from what I can tell you, reading the first or second module of the HKSI equivalent for china will give you a better understanding of how the China financial structure is set up, rules and regulations, some auditing stuff and so on. Basically skims the top of things, but gives you a general idea.

edit: I will have to agree with beyond_ban though, seems like quite the fail.

www.hksi.org look for the mainland china part.
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 12-01-2009 at 12:36 PM.

I hope you don't play golf. China is about to outlaw it.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/China+p...020/story.html

"If even one in every thousand Chinese played golf by 2030, that would add up to 1.3 million golfers requiring perhaps 1,700 new courses over the next two decades," KPMG's Andrea Sartori said when the report was released a year ago.

Funny though, my Uncle here in Canada played every day after he retired... Its socially acceptable to play golf in North America and not seem like a borgiouse aristocratic tyrant bent on starving the world - you know, like Rob Anders :P
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I hope you don't play golf. China is about to outlaw it.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/China+p...020/story.html

"If even one in every thousand Chinese played golf by 2030, that would add up to 1.3 million golfers requiring perhaps 1,700 new courses over the next two decades," KPMG's Andrea Sartori said when the report was released a year ago.

Funny though, my Uncle here in Canada played every day after he retired... Its socially acceptable to play golf in North America and not seem like a borgiouse aristocratic tyrant bent on starving the world - you know, like Rob Anders :P
    Where does it ever say they are outlawing golf dude? Did you even read the article? They're trying to put restrictions on limiting the growth of golf courses to save agricultural land and dwindling water resources. Well they already have put restrictions but there are obvious loopholes around that.

An estimated 1700 new courses over the next 2 decades in China, can you not imagine the effect it would have on the natural habitat n what not? There are already about 300 golf courses in China according to the article. Golf courses aint small dude...

Originally posted by l/l/rX

Where does it ever say they are outlawing golf dude? Did you even read the article? They're trying to put restrictions on limiting the growth of golf courses to save agricultural land and dwindling water resources. Well they already have put restrictions but there are obvious loopholes around that.

An estimated 1700 new courses over the next 2 decades in China, can you not imagine the effect it would have on the natural habitat n what not? There are already about 300 golf courses in China according to the article. Golf courses aint small dude...
    Not being able to build a golf course = outlawing the sport.

Sure its environmentally bad, but who cares. The average Canadian per capita uses 10x the energy and waste footprint of the average Chinese person. Canada is hardly in a position to blame anyone, but communist China themselves seem to be taking the same stance of Hippie "save the trees" North America.

Not that is necessarily wrong either way... But with the ridiculous amount of open land here in Canada - The current method of flying in people (from China) who want to golf seems a very nice compromise. Banff pretty much relies on it to survive.

"Go Pine Beetle Go! I just wish they would eat up those pine trees faster so that I can grow an apple orchard. Global Warming *FTW!*" - Unnamed white guy.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-01-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

PM me the details if your "business".

We do a lot of importing from China with a ton of various products. I may be able to offer some help: or at least introduce you to someone that could.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Lease

^^^ Based on the topic, OP is trying to start a biz IN China.

There're so much politics involved there OP.

But I mean, the good thing about it according to ZenOps is that Rob Anders won't be anywhere near there.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I suggest a few briefcases full of a solid currency, like pounds or Euros (Vatican bearer bonds if you can swing it), to pay off any government officials you may have to deal with.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Hah, Rob Anders in China that would be a hoot. It would be just as funny as him going to South Africa, France, Germany, New York... Oh wait, I forgot he hates and is pretty much hated by everyone. Its a fascination that I think people have - sort of like paying hundreds of millions to watch Mike Tyson bite the ear off someone (but of course much less for a politician)

In China they would simply send him back (like George Galloway) In places like Paris, he would probably be arrested on the spot. In Germany - Even I don't piss off the Germans.

What would Obama do to Rob Anders? Dunno, I'd pay full passage for Rob Anders to the US just to find out, lol. Guantanamo is gone now, so thats not an option.

Heck, I'd pay to see Rob Anders go up against Serena Williams.

I'm very interested to see what the Tsuu Tina Natives do to him, or what Rob Anders does to the Tsuu Tina. Its like Round 14 now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMJW2Wmcew

Only Nixon could go to China "I am not a crook" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M

Depending on where you go, bribe money is never a bad idea. A few British pounds go a long way. In Las Vegas and everywhere else in North America bribe money is the same as "tipping", In China they have no qualms about labelling it bribe money.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-02-2009 at 08:11 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

bribes are illegal, gifts of good faith on the other hand though...

My friends dad gave an official a brand new 7 series bimmer cuz the guy gave him the building permit. Just his way of saying thanks, that's all

Bribery in China is taken very seriously if caught, for instance I believe it was earlier this year or last year, when that old ass china man, who was like CEO or something of an oil company (?) was executed for taking bribes.

Little OT:

Ignatieff is right - Harper did mess up trade with China by not visiting for 4 years (and missing the Olympics entirely)

Harper is also screwing up relations with the US. Obama did not make the call when talking to Canada about troops for Afghanistan.

It almost seems our great robot leader is anti-social... This concerns me greatly.

China is in many ways - just like a jealous girlfriend. She wants to be phoned every night and be told shes the only one - even if she doesn't say it... It doesn't really matter if you believe it or (she) believes it - it just has to be said.

"You can't save face - if you can't see their face."
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-03-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

well for one, you need to have a chinese business partner legally. And he will probably steal your business from you in a year or so.