Quantcast
XBOX Router Problem for dummies... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: XBOX Router Problem for dummies...

Post XBOX Router Problem for dummies...

My Problem: Can't join friends on xbox live

I can connect to Xbox live without any connection problems. I can play online matches without any problems. HOWEVER, when I try to connect with a friend (e.g. to join a party or join a game invite), it does not let me.

I've googled this issue and all the results say that this is a NAT problem. I am supposed to "make my NAT connection be "open" instead of "moderate"/"strict""

Can anyone help me do this? I tried changing some things on my router but with no luck. Also on the Microsoft website it said that if I enable UPnP, that it should solve the problem. I have a "D-Link DI-624" router and have no idea how to do any of this.

Can anyone help me out? Some step by step solution possibly? I'd really appreciate the help..

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

portforward.com should show you what you need to do, choose your router, choose the service and it shows you what you need to do

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by eblend
    portforward.com should show you what you need to do, choose your router, choose the service and it shows you what you need to do
    it would help if we get a solve that is free!!!!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by FullMetal

it would help if we get a solve that is free!!!!
    Portforward is free
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Went to portforward...do i really need to change my internet connection to a static IP instead of a dynamic IP in order to open the NAT?

Just seems like alot of work tuning the settings just to be able to connect to an xboxlive party...

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by acmilano
    Went to portforward...do i really need to change my internet connection to a static IP instead of a dynamic IP in order to open the NAT?

Just seems like alot of work tuning the settings just to be able to connect to an xboxlive party...
    Your internet connection doesn't need a static IP, just your PC/Xplop on your LAN (the private 192.168.x.x network behind your router). Not absolutely necessary, but eventually the IP will change and your port forwarding will stop working.

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Portforward is free
    i down loaded it and at the end it told me to enter the code and then it said buy it lol

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by FullMetal

i down loaded it and at the end it told me to enter the code and then it said buy it lol

In other words you took the lazy route instead of clicking past the advertisement, to where it just TELLS YOU how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

In other words you took the lazy route instead of clicking past the advertisement, to where it just TELLS YOU how to do it.
    maybe lol

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I've got a really strange problem that I can't figure out. I have my 360 on a static ip, all the ports forwarded, an open NAT, yet usually when the server is changing hosts in COD MW2 I get booted out of the game and end up back at the main menu. Anyone else having this trouble? It's not a huge deal I just get really pissed off when I'm rocking the shit out of a game and I end up back on the main menu haha.

My Ride
    My Car

Originally posted by Benny
    I've got a really strange problem that I can't figure out. I have my 360 on a static ip, all the ports forwarded, an open NAT, yet usually when the server is changing hosts in COD MW2 I get booted out of the game and end up back at the main menu. Anyone else having this trouble? It's not a huge deal I just get really pissed off when I'm rocking the shit out of a game and I end up back on the main menu haha.
    that happens sometimes if u have a poor connection

My Ride
    The 8

I have a similiar (maybe) problem with moden warfare 2. Ill be in a party with a friend, we'll join a game and right before the game finishes loading it will boot one of us back to the party menu and the other will be in the game. (sorry about the hijack)

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

Originally posted by Benny
    Very common, happens to everyone.

As for the solution to this problem on all routers is usually the following:
    Set static Ip for Xbox
    Set up DMZ for the IP on the xbox
    Enable uPnP
    If dmz does not work, on some routers it doesnt. Add the following along with your static ip.
    TCP 80
    UDP 88
    UDP 3074
    TCP 3074
    UDP 53
    TCP 53

Dlinks have problems running two xbox's on one wireless router, so try portfowarding those ports to one xbox and dmz the other or port forward both.