Quantcast
Good restaurant to take a first date - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Good restaurant to take a first date

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Default Good restaurant to take a first date

Ok, well it's not really a first date, but a friend of mine just had her birthday and I said I'll take her out to dinner for her present. Now, I want this girl to be more than just a friend, so i want to impress her, but not go over the top. I'm looking for a nice semi-fancy restaurant that I can take her and spend under $100 for the both of us. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Carvers Steak House in the north

The number one steakhouse in Calgary, the ambiance of Carver's Steakhouse delights the
    eye with modern art, and a warm décor, enhanced
    by impeccable service.

Carver's Steakhouse was designed to embrace and showcase the finest beef
    the province of Alberta has to offer. Contemporary design and furniture,
    surrounded by warm colours and textures, make Carver's an excellent
    location to meet with business colleagues and friends. Readers of Calgary
    Where magazine awarded Carver's Steakhouse as the "Steakhouse of the
    year" in 1999. And "Restaurant of the Year"in 2000.

Open Monday to Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
    Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm

• Click here to view a panorama view of Carver's Steakhouse •
    Last edited by SinisterProbeGt; 11-22-2003 at 01:53 PM.

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

for lots of great threads on this.
    Travel

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

that panorama view made me
    looks like a nice place though
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    pedals

McDonalds. Your paying for the night anyways, why splurge on a meal? j/k

My Ride
    a wrx.

if u are a good enough friend to take her out on a $100 dinner, id say that u are already stuck in the friendzone and really have no chance at the pussy.

i used to work at carver's, easily best steakhouse in town

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

teatro's across from telus convention center,

it's classy, 2 people with dessert and main course and appeitzer for $98 before tax...nice atmosphere.....i don't know what kind of food they serve...it's like werid stuff like lamb, veal and of course steak, they're soup is unordianry like we had this egg plant stuff, it's different
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by gkAeris
    teatro's across from telus convention center,

it's classy, 2 people with dessert and main course and appeitzer for $98 before tax...nice atmosphere.....i don't know what kind of food they serve...it's like werid stuff like lamb, veal and of course steak, they're soup is unordianry like we had this egg plant stuff, it's different
    my reccomendation as well!! 5 star resturant and the exc. chef is on foodtv!!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

how do you get to this carvers place? hey dude i wouldn't recommend spending $100 on the first "date" though.. who knows this girl might be like my girl that can hardly finish a salad on her own and you'll look like a a pig lol..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Originally posted by hjr
    McDonalds. Your paying for the night anyways, why splurge on a meal? j/k
    "Take-out and Make-out"

If you're going through drive-thru, make her pay for the gas.

My Ride
    a wrx.

oh yea, heres another idea. if u buy her a $100 dinner, she will think, "oh what a nice friend" not "me so horny" as u want.

if u want her to think the latter, u should do something like go out for a decent $30 dinner, then tell her something to the effect of "i want us to be more than friends. i cant help it. u are too attractive. itll be better for both of us." then wait and see what happens. if she wants u, then ure good, if not, then u will not have to waste anymore time on her. whatever u do, dont be a pussy and think that she will get the hint from a nice dinner.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    oh yea, heres another idea. if u buy her a $100 dinner, she will think, "oh what a nice friend" not "me so horny" as u want.

if u want her to think the latter, u should do something like go out for a decent $30 dinner, then tell her something to the effect of "i want us to be more than friends. i cant help it. u are too attractive. itll be better for both of us." then wait and see what happens. if she wants u, then ure good, if not, then u will not have to waste anymore time on her. whatever u do, dont be a pussy and think that she will get the hint from a nice dinner.

Don't spend too much cash on her, take her to an average place and then see if she will be "more than friends" (read: have sex with you) with you, and then go from there.

Don't waste your time & money on a "friend" - it would be better spent on a girl that you have a chance with.

And if you decide to spend a lot of cash on her, and then she's with you, drop the bitch immediately; would you really want a girl that will only like you when you spend money on her???

Hhahahah the Carvers panaramic view made me ill as well!

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by accordboi_02

Don't spend too much cash on her, take her to an average place and then see if she will be "more than friends" (read: have sex with you) with you, and then go from there.

Don't waste your time & money on a "friend" - it would be better spent on a girl that you have a chance with.

And if you decide to spend a lot of cash on her, and then she's with you, drop the bitch immediately; would you really want a girl that will only like you when you spend money on her???
    question: is this what men maybe boys really think, just sex sex sex, how about he likes the girl and he wants to date her and get to know her, (maybe there is sex LATER) but how about, liking her?????

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

You're so right Jeff. You always speak the truth and some people can't handle it, but I almost always agree with what you have to say. I mean I know I said $100 max, but that's only cause I'm trying to explore all my options. I would rather spend around $30-$50 to see if she really does like me as you said. I mean I don't want to just get this girl into my bed, I really really like her, so I'm not trying to impress her with money, I just want to take her to a nice place. So what's a good place in your opinion in that price range that's not too cheesy or cheap looking?

Originally posted by gkAeris

question: is this what men maybe boys really think, just sex sex sex, how about he likes the girl and he wants to date her and get to know her, (maybe there is sex LATER) but how about, liking her?????
    I'm not looking for a girl to just take home for the night. I'm not expecting anything that night at all except to find out if she likes me, so I mean yes that is all some guys think, but not all. The topic has been beaten to death on this forum I know, but there will always be the same questions and the same variety of answers.
    So thanks for the replies and I'll see what happens on Friday

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Good luck!!!!!! Just fuckin Giv'er

Originally posted by ExtremeSi
    So thanks for the replies and I'll see what happens on Friday

Be sure to let us know how it turned out, we usually never get to hear what happened

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

heres some cheaper alternatives

Moxies $20 - 40 for both of you with drinks..
    Tony Romas ~$50 for both if you pig out and she doesn't (from experience )
    Earls $25 - 40 for both
    Red Lobster??

Don't quote me on these prices, but these places are decent places to go and aren't extremely expensive. Like jeff said, dont' blow your wad on a girl if you don't know if she likes you yet. good luck!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    a bike

Joeys in Chinook center

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast