Quantcast
Vote, Vote Vote for little Luke Murphy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Vote, Vote Vote for little Luke Murphy

Default Vote, Vote Vote for little Luke Murphy

This is for a grade school friends son Luke Murphy, he is in his 3rd battle Leukemia in Toronto ON, just had a bone marrow transplant and he will be in isolation until after the New Year. You can only vote once per email address.

The Murphy family who's father is an Albertan has 4 beautiful children to support. It's always a financial struggle. This brave boy is just 11 and and has had cancer for 8 long years. It would be lovely if they had a chance to win the Christmas Cash with your much needed votes.

You can help make Luke Murphy's Christmas better!

So if everyone could just take a few minutes and complete the forum I would be most grateful. It the link is on the home page...sometimes it too the left and sometimes it under the Home tab under Christmas Cash Giveaway.

Thanks kindly,

If you visit www.colesfoundation.com Christmas Cash giveaway
    On the Home page there is a link to Christmas cash give away. The money is to help families experiencing financial difficulties due to there child's illness.
    You have to vote for Luke Murphy before Dec 15th. Luke will be spending his 3rd Christmas in hospital this year. His father is the sole provider and has been off work for 5 months this year.
    Only families with the most votes, received before Dec. 15th will qualify.
    Please take the time to vote.

Voted, good luck to the family

Is it just me or is there something very wrong with this?

Shouldn't the money go to the families who are the most deserving? It should not be on who can write the best sob story and make you feel the most sympathy for them. It should be people with actual experience in low income families and child illness' that should be looking at these families and see who is most deserving of the money.

Random people who surf the internet shouldn't be the ones deciding this.
    Last edited by Spoons; 12-07-2009 at 08:06 PM.

I just thought I would post it for my friend. They are a very deserving family and have gone though difficult financial hardship and job loss. Companies get tired of the I can't come to work today because my child is sick yet again. Just thought with voting going on with other people on here for snowboards etc Beyonders could help out family in need.

This family spends more time apart than together with Luke in and out of hospital. The family lives 3 hours from the hospital Luke is currently at. They can't just pull out the other children from school to run up whenever they want.

Colesfoundation is running this contest for families in need and makes the rules.

I know I can't make anyone vote, but I just thought maybe some beyonders with big hearts could help increase his votes.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Voted. I hope your friend's little one wins his battle.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Voted. I hope your friend's little one wins his battle.
    Actually I would love for them to win the cash...but more than anything I just want someone I personally to know win their battle with cancer.

So Thanks for that lovely thought.

Luke Murphy's name is on the list of winners, he will share along with 14 other families the Christmas Cash!

Luke just had a bone marrow transplant and is doing very well, and he is starting to produce his own white blood cells! He will continue to be in isolation for the next weeks and be in isolation for 6 months.

Pretty brave for 11!

The money will be a great help for a single family income with 4 children.