Quantcast
EvE Online - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: EvE Online

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Anyone still playing this game?

Is the Rokh battleship still available? I don't see it listed on the EvE website anymore.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I still play. Rokh still available.

Been with Nulli for a couple years now, was involved in that big BR5-RB slaughter fest, that was fun.

Last edited by DeeK; 08-29-2014 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride
    240sx

Thanks for bumping this. I been trying to remember the name of this game for so long. Might give it a shot.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

If you're just starting, here's a few things to consider.

Caldari are all about shields and missiles. Both are great if you plan on playing as a solo mission runner where Caldari excels, terrible if really plan on playing eve, which is all about PvP.

Currently, Gallente is probably your best bet as it has a nice balance of armor, guns, and drones.

Not to say that you can't play a Caldari flying a Gallente ship, but being cross trained does take longer to get into the game.

And the #1 rule, don't fly something you can't afford to replace. You will die, lots, until you learn the game.
    Last edited by DeeK; 08-29-2014 at 04:11 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I found it really tough to get started... so much shit to learn that it was daunting. Very interesting game though. I did all the tutorials and what not and still had no idea wtf was going on.

I always played as Caldari as I liked the style of ships... the Rokh was a dream of mine.

I joined numerous corps trying to make excellent ISK but never really got anywhere. Most I made was with various mining corps, but it just wasn't good enough. Switched to a salvager tracking down wrecks for loot and that wasn't good enough.

I got lazy and warped to a star system and opened up the chat and asked random players for ISK. Pretty much every player told me to get bent... except for one. He never said anything to me, I had no idea who he was, but he dropped a billion ISK into my account. Jesus I was such a bad player... I just wanted the Rokh... never did get it though.

Thinking about getting back at it again after a few years in hiatus. I wonder if my character still exists.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Invasions are a great way to make a quick billion if you run with a well organized group. When I was still playing I made about 30 billion in 2 weeks doing invasion runs.

I ran with TPI back in the day, but they dissolved and reformed into a bigger Sansha's Invasions group. Browse the EvE forums to find a group
    Geek

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Invasions are a great way to make a quick billion if you run with a well organized group. When I was still playing I made about 30 billion in 2 weeks doing invasion runs.

I ran with TPI back in the day, but they dissolved and reformed into a bigger Sansha's Invasions group. Browse the EvE forums to find a group
    What kind of ship does a guy need for that?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

What kind of ship does a guy need for that?
    Something that can either repp or be repped while in fleet. Usually armor/guns fleets.

DeeK isn't totally right about Caldari, though. I fly Caldari and PvP all the time. He is right that you need to train the proper skills, though.

Honestly, if you get back into eve, join a newbie corp (like Eve University or whatever) and go on their starting fleet runs. Learn the ropes. Run a bunch of missions (I used to solo L4's no issue and would make 200-300 mill in a two-three hours. You'll also learn how to tank, what to tank, etc.

I really like strategic cruisers. My Tengu could rape your Rokh . The Tengu for me, by the way, is what the Rokh is for you. It was that "halo" ship. Once I got to flying it I started to lose interest in Eve... having accomplished my "goal" lol.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by A790

DeeK isn't totally right about Caldari, though. I fly Caldari and PvP all the time. He is right that you need to train the proper skills, though.
    Agreed. I guess I should elaborate on the whole Caldari PvP thing. You can PvP with Caldari ships, especially since they all got a huge buff lately. However, trying to find fleets that are willing to run shield reps is far less likely than an armor rep fleet. Even then, Caldari has far less PvP oriented ships than any other race.

This being said, I fly Caldari. Partially because I didn't know anything when I started, and also because I thought I was going to be a solo pilot, running missions and invasions. Never thought I'd get into PvP much, and the cross training took me many months to get back up to the same level. I pretty much stick with 4 ships depending on what I'm doing at the time. Golem, Archon, Tengu, Claw.

My Ride

Originally posted by DeeK

Agreed. I guess I should elaborate on the whole Caldari PvP thing. You can PvP with Caldari ships, especially since they all got a huge buff lately. However, trying to find fleets that are willing to run shield reps is far less likely than an armor rep fleet. Even then, Caldari has far less PvP oriented ships than any other race.

This being said, I fly Caldari. Partially because I didn't know anything when I started, and also because I thought I was going to be a solo pilot, running missions and invasions. Never thought I'd get into PvP much, and the cross training took me many months to get back up to the same level. I pretty much stick with 4 ships depending on what I'm doing at the time. Golem, Archon, Tengu, Claw.
    Heh yea. I flew a HAM Tengu for PvP. Started training up on guns before I quit though.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

My "halo" ship was a Vindicator

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Vindicator

I worked HARD in game to get it.... when I did, and started making a billion ISK every 2-3 hours, running L4 missions like mad, etc, I quickly got bored. I might poke my head in for a month at some point to check out the changes, but for now, my 3 vindicators are happily spinning in hangars.

EDIT: A bit more on Incursions (not Invasions, derp): You do need a boat with some significant tank. MOST Incursion fleets when I ran with them last year were shield based, so Vindicators, Rokhs, Tengus and Minmatar sniper boats were the flavor of the day. Snipers stayed at range with a couple of reppers, and the up-close-and-personal boats moved in fleets. The best bet to get into an incursion is get yourself to at LEAST battlecruiser with T2 fittings (weapons especially unless you can afford faction fittings). Rokhs and Minmatar battleships are best for sniper boats, Megathrons, Vindicators and Machariels were the best "melee." Machariels are also some of THE most expensive battleships in game, with just the hull (again, at the time I played) going for about 10 billion ISK
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 08-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I knew invasions sounded wrong, but I was derping so I just went with it. lol.

Marauders got MASSIVE changes lately, especially with their siege module and mobile jump drives. Swap that vindicator out for a kronos.

Also industry stuff has been completely overhauled in the latest expansion. It's 100x better now.

Spider tanking tengu's are currently the hot stuff for most people flying incursions.

In a nutshell... Though I will say it's one of the more rewarding feeling mmos
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    240sx

man I finally started this game. so confusing, i just finished the tutorial and I still have no idea whats going on. lol tips? pointers? i don't get this one bit...

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by GotRice?
    man I finally started this game. so confusing, i just finished the tutorial and I still have no idea whats going on. lol tips? pointers? i don't get this one bit...
    Please refer to the image above your post XD

Your best bet is to look up EvE University, join the corp, and get edumacated
    Geek

My Ride

Find a newbie corp, join up, get learned.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Move out to nullsec, join small corp, get owned....

But yeah, Eve uni is probably your best bet, just plug in and learn. Attend the events you can.

Keep your clone updated. Time is the biggest resource in Eve, not ISK, not assets.

My Ride
    240sx

can't figure this game out and my 14 day trial ended. onto the next game.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13