Quantcast
EvE Online - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: EvE Online

My Ride
    ST184

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    And I thought us WoW players were nerds....
    WoW isn't even on the same playing field as eve, run along now.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

A lone Drake flies through secured space towards an asteroid field. Loaded with missile launchers, micro warp drives, shield boosters, and a boom-box blaring Nine Inch Nails, the Drake pushed forward into the depths of space.

A target appears in the distance. It's hostile, and the Drake's pilot locks on. The Drake needs 10 seconds to lock on. No matter, the target is still 29km away- much to far to be a threat.

No sooner than the pilot finishes that thought does two missiles strike the aft of the ship. A massive blow that is far outside the Drake's effective combat distance of 19km. The Drake attempts to activate is micro warp drive to close the distance, but alas, natural phenomena prevent the drive from activating.

Missile after missile careen into the hull of the ship as the Drake soldiers on, slowly closing the gap between it and its aggressor. Finally the target appears at 19km and the Drake prepares to engage. Mere moments before the first lethal volley was to be launched from the bays of the Drake the targeting system fails- scrambled by his enemy.

The enemy flies closer and appears to be a Merlin- a frigate much smaller than the Battle Cruiser. The Merlin, having effectively decimated the Drake, continues to barrage the Drake with rail gun and missile fire. It is not long before the once mighty ship explodes.

Truly, it is a beautiful sight to behold.

... I miss my Drake

Sounds like a neat game, but I tried to watch some gameplays on Youtube and had no idea wtf was going on.

I just wish combat was a bit more... Involved. Just seemed like whoever had the bigger ship with the bigger guns always won.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    GTI

It isn't, what A790 just posted was about him losing a decent sized ship to a smaller guy that really new what he was doing.

My Ride

Originally posted by Hakkola
    It isn't, what A790 just posted was about him losing a decent sized ship to a smaller guy that really new what he was doing.
    Bingo. My ship (much, much larger) couldn't hit the damn small ship. Hence, the small ship owned my ass.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

Hmm, sounds like a weak tank in that Drake. 29km and still out of range? Were you using HAMs? No drones?

Originally posted by A790

Bingo. My ship (much, much larger) couldn't hit the damn small ship. Hence, the small ship owned my ass.

hehehe... I did warn you :P

Need a lot more skills before you take out a battlecruiser. edit: (by that I mean take it into battle)
    Last edited by Destinova403; 12-01-2010 at 02:38 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Remember what I said about very highly skilled frigate play
    Geek

My Ride

lol been playing a total of 7 days NOW, give me a break :P

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Steeeeeeeeeeep learning curve dude :P
    Geek

My Ride

Heart this game though. I saw this doucher take down some n00b in his Ibis (of all things), so I befriended him, flew with him a bit, and then sold him out for 5 mill ISK to a corp and laughed gleefully as they took him down.

HA.

HA HA.

Fucking love this game.

I wonder if its changed much since I last played like 3 yrs ago lol

I dunno i just felt almost helpless and bored in combat when I would just choose fire all and watch my ship circle enemy ships and they'd just shoot back and forth.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I wonder if its changed much since I last played like 3 yrs ago lol

I dunno i just felt almost helpless and bored in combat when I would just choose fire all and watch my ship circle enemy ships and they'd just shoot back and forth.
    The game has changed quite a bit in that they've added a TON... I'v been playing now for almost 5 years and by what I remember, the game is almost completely different. Combat is still somewhat similar in mechanic, however, once you get more into the game and learn how it all works... you really learn to respect it and enjoy it.

I do remember how bored I got when i first started playing... now I cant get off it haha.

on another note... my corp (who can primarily be described as pirates) took down a poor noob in a cruiser two nights ago out in low sec... I almost felt bad about it haha he was only a month old character.

come out for a few roams with us, we'll show you the ropes :P

I do really like how it is 1 giant server though and the graphics and ship detail is amazing

I just noticed that my Character is tagged as a Losec Roamer on Battleclinic... haha Piracy FTW.

If anyone wants to get into the game... feel free to msg me in game and I'll be more than happy to help you out with some money and guidence. Trucidio Evito is the name.

I'd consider purchasing it again cept Cataclysm comes out next week

My Ride

Originally posted by Destinova403

come out for a few roams with us, we'll show you the ropes :P
    Can I bring my Merlin? I'm going to set it up w/ 2 75mm rails and 2 missile bays, shield booster, afterburner, and make it a tackler.

Dude I'd loive to fly with you, but as I am a new character I can't afford to lose much...

Also, I need some cash, so money is important too! Hakkola and I fly from time to time and he's saved my ass in his cruiser more than once haha.

My Ride
    '93 CYM FD3S

I wish I could pick this game up again. I had to give it up when I moved last year. Which was probably for the best, it got the point where I would be logged in every waking moment that I was not at work.

Can I bring my Merlin? I'm going to set it up w/ 2 75mm rails and 2 missile bays, shield booster, afterburner, and make it a tackler.

Dude I'd loive to fly with you, but as I am a new character I can't afford to lose much...

Also, I need some cash, so money is important too! Hakkola and I fly from time to time and he's saved my ass in his cruiser more than once haha.
    Haha... didnt i give you like 9 mil or so. Frigs are cheap so we can help out if you lose anything. I usually do the tackling in my interceptor, do you have the skills to use a warp disruptor yet?

Bring him with you... I'll help you both set up some decent little combat frigs that wont cost more than a few hundred thousand.

The biggest thing youll need to fly with us is patience... hunting can be a little time consuming and doesnt always result in an epic kill haha.

as youve learned... a well flown and well fitted frig can cause chaos on an enemy in pvp. My corpmate always brings some real firepower if the need ever arises :P mind you... he has the skill points and money to fly a tech 3 in PVP... if i was you... I wouldnt take anything bigger than a Frig out in combat until you are well over 5k skillpoints.

EDIT: try out this loadout on the merlin http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/...No-SP-ISK.html
    Last edited by Destinova403; 12-01-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast