Quantcast
Telus will not let me use my unlocked Bold 9000 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telus will not let me use my unlocked Bold 9000

My Ride
    Audi A4 1.8T Quattro/Honda Accord EX Coupe 6 Speed

Default Telus will not let me use my unlocked Bold 9000

So yesterday I got an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9000.
    My plan was to get a SIM from telus and set it up on my account to use with telus.
    Everything worked without a single problem for 1 day. Now my phone can make calls and receive calls, but whoever is on the other end of the call cannot hear me at all..
    Has anyone else experienced this with using an unlocked Rogers Bold 9000 on Telus' new network?
    When I first power on the phone it gives me a "ME returned a temporary error" Telus told me that happens with the iphone as well and to just cancel it.

They have refused to even try help me with my problem and blamed it on my hardware not being compatible with their network. But Bell also has a Blackberry Bold 9000 that allows SIMs.

I have walked to the place I bought my SIM and told them my problems but they would do nothing but tell me its the phone not compatible with their network, I told them I will just switch to Rogers and they didn't even try stop me.

That to me is the worst attempt at retaining a customer. They offered me nothing and did not care about an attempt to give a competitor business.
    They better believe I am going to try Wind the day it arrives to Calgary.

I absolutely hate Telus and hope they lose all of their clients to the new network.

I unlocked a telus bold the other day and using it on the rogers network. everything seems to be working great. Maybe try to format the phone and unlock it agian? Good luck!

My Ride
    TDi

Default Re: Telus will not let me use my unlocked Bold 9000

Originally posted by haletech
    So yesterday I got an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9000.
    My plan was to get a SIM from telus and set it up on my account to use with telus.
    Everything worked without a single problem for 1 day. Now my phone can make calls and receive calls, but whoever is on the other end of the call cannot hear me at all..
    Has anyone else experienced this with using an unlocked Rogers Bold 9000 on Telus' new network?
    When I first power on the phone it gives me a "ME returned a temporary error" Telus told me that happens with the iphone as well and to just cancel it.

They have refused to even try help me with my problem and blamed it on my hardware not being compatible with their network. But Bell also has a Blackberry Bold 9000 that allows SIMs.

I have walked to the place I bought my SIM and told them my problems but they would do nothing but tell me its the phone not compatible with their network, I told them I will just switch to Rogers and they didn't even try stop me.

That to me is the worst attempt at retaining a customer. They offered me nothing and did not care about an attempt to give a competitor business.
    They better believe I am going to try Wind the day it arrives to Calgary.

I absolutely hate Telus and hope they lose all of their clients to the new network.

Lol. When I worked at rogers/bell there was WAY too many people that told me they were gonna switch to the competitor. I told them good luck! The only people that actually care about retaining customers is the big boss

Gl with your situation though.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride

Wind....

Why would you expect Telus reps to be trained to use a phone that isn't from them? There are a ton of HSPA devices out there, and I doubt they can afford to keep their reps knowledgeable about other phones from other networks.

Threatening to switch won't really motivate an employee to help you. Being patient with them might . I don't work for Telus but I can see where they are coming from.

Honestly I think it is a problem with your phone. If I were you, I would wipe the phone with JL comander if you have a pc

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/H...ng_Jl_Cmder%3F

There is a guide that might help you, there are plenty of people with unlocked 9000s on the HSPA network. So I am going to bet that your phone is the first place to start. You might have to unlock the phone again. Sometimes there can be errors triggered by unlocking the phone, but right now I think that error is limited to AT&T hardware.

As for the ME error, I think this is something that is not setup properly with the HSPA network. I am waiting for Telus irons out the glitches before I jump on HSPA for this reason!

Telus sucks!!!!

Seriously, why do people bother with this company? What a shit company to do business with, both have accounts with AND work for.
    Last edited by noogie; 12-11-2009 at 11:43 PM.

My Ride

Telus Reps only job is to sell me a SIM card that will work. I could care less about what they have to say. They still have the mentality that they MUST know your exact device so they can put it into their system, that is not the point of using a SIM.
    Judging by their stocks dropping rapidly I'm sure they will be concerned about losing customers soon.
    I was patient with the Rep for the whole time and only got bitter and angry at the end when they just said my phone wasn't a Telus phone so tough titty. At that point I said I will just switch to Rogers and activate it on their network...
    The phone has been unlocked, wiped, different OS's loaded and battery pulled.. There is nothing left to do but switch companies.

Wind here I come!
    Last edited by haletech; 12-12-2009 at 02:36 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by haletech
    They still have the mentality that they MUST know your exact device so they can put it into their system, that is not how GSM works.
    Except Telus isn't GSM, it's HSPA
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Have you tried it on another bold? Or anything?

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Uhh you ever thought it might be the microphone that's screwed in it? if you can make/receive calls and send/receive SMS, I bet its not the network at all.

My Ride
    Sentra

Weird that you would assume its a network problem just because only you have the problem. It's 99% probably your phone, not the network. Use your sim in another persons phone, bet it works.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i saw his phone first hand, shit is weird, you can here ambient noises but no voice... handsfree bluetooth seems to work though, so it might be the mic, could be the reason the guy was selling it...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by ercchry
    i saw his phone first hand, shit is weird, you can here ambient noises but no voice... handsfree bluetooth seems to work though, so it might be the mic, could be the reason the guy was selling it...
    So the bluetooth works, but he thinks it's the network? And it's USED?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

well to be fair telus was still not being very helpful, hung up on him when he called too pretty much gave him a big fuck you

My Ride
    Sentra

why would telus give support for a 3rd party phone they did not sell

if a button on your tv breaks, do you call shaw?

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by ercchry
    well to be fair telus was still not being very helpful, hung up on him when he called too pretty much gave him a big fuck you
    i hate telus as much as the next guy, but i'd tell the OP to fuck off too.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by GoChris

This is the BEST analogy for something like this.

When I was in retail cellular I used this ALL the time and for hard headed customers it usually worked.

TELUS wants you to use their devices on their network, not a competitor phone. I'm guessing if you used your own phone and activated a SIM card you did it on a monthly basis. If that's the case TELUS isn't really going to go out of their way to retain you. The customers they have on contract or the customers with a contract coming to an end are the ones they want to retain. A customer who activated a third party phone on a month to month commitment is not very high on their priority list.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^ ps he is on a three year contract with a year left on it, he had a cmda phone till 2 days ago

Originally posted by GoChris

does shaw sell tv's and tell you their service will only work on their tv's and no others?

this would be closer to shaw selling a card that works in any digital receiver and you go and purchase a receiver and it does not work and you call shaw and they will not give you a new card to make it work and then continue to send you a bill for services that you can not use
    Last edited by ercchry; 12-12-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Yeah, except that it's the receiver's fault, not the card. Shaw doesn't need to replace the card because it's fine. Customer needs to talk to whoever sold him the receiver.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

well the thing is we dont know if it is the card or the phone 100% but telus refused to give him a new card, told him he would have to purchase a new card, and since he gets the same error as the iphones and the fix for that seems to be a new card....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast