Quantcast
P90x 2010 Edition - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: P90x 2010 Edition

My Ride
    This and that.

So I was about to purchase the chin up bar posted here a while back.
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-609...in-up-bar.html

Until I read in the description that it fits doorway upto 32" wide. However my problem is that I measured the doorways in my house and the smallest one is about 34 1/2" wide, which is a bit bigger than what that chin up bar is for.

Now I am worried that if I order that one, it prolly won't work for me. So I am looking for some other chin up bars that are good as well I guess. I finish my exams tomo and I really need to start the routine asap, cause I feel like shit due to no exercise at all.

Any help?

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

I did my Fit Test last night with all my measurements. My leg is healthy enough now I can do the program (jumping exercises are still hard to do).

Shak, I bought my chin-up bar at Fitness Source at Deerfoot Mall. It will handle up to a 32"-36" door way and was $40. They are right in the front door with all the P90x stuff.

My Ride

One other questions for you graduates of the program, did you guys do the supplements, shakes and diet or a combo or none of it?

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by RC-Cola
    I did my Fit Test last night with all my measurements. My leg is healthy enough now I can do the program (jumping exercises are still hard to do).

Shak, I bought my chin-up bar at Fitness Source at Deerfoot Mall. It will handle up to a 32"-36" door way and was $40. They are right in the front door with all the P90x stuff.
    Thanks man will check it out after the exam tomo. Is it easy enough to install? Does it need any bolting or anything into the door frame? How is it to use? Feel sturdy? What's the max weight capacity.

Sorry to bombard you with all the questions, but just want to make sure that I don't end up with a wrong one.

Thanks.

My Ride

Originally posted by shakalaka

Thanks man will check it out after the exam tomo. Is it easy enough to install? Does it need any bolting or anything into the door frame? How is it to use? Feel sturdy? What's the max weight capacity.

Sorry to bombard you with all the questions, but just want to make sure that I don't end up with a wrong one.

Thanks.
    You have to put it together which is four bolts and about three minutes to do.

It doesn't bolt it hangs off the door frame on the opposite side and then two arms press against the frame on the other side. You put it up or down as you use it.

It states that it will hold 300 pounds, I'm 6'0 and 200 pounds and I have had no issues with it yet.

My Ride
    R50

One other questions for you graduates of the program, did you guys do the supplements, shakes and diet or a combo or none of it?
    I did double scoops of protein after the lifting days. Figured I'll need to rehydrate anyways so might as well replenish the protein while I'm at it. Same idea with the non-lift days, except I do only one scoop. Diet-wise I portioned down the size of my 3 main meals, then added 2 snack meals (fruit and veg) in between.

The end result is I didn't lose as much weight as some others did. Which is great for me as my goal is to trim fat while trying to gain a bit more muscles anyways. I personally feel this program is great for burning off excess fat. As long as you can balance your diet to run a slight calorie deficit everyday. Which really means running deficit at 6/7 days a week, you would end up shedding a lot more.

I drank 1 scoop of protein powder right after each resistance workout.

My Ride

So I'm starting week 3 and so far so good. I've improved each program each week so far.

I found that YogaX kicked my ass the first time I did it, it was a little easier second go round but still hard. AbripperX was very hard the first three or four times, it's still hard but getting easier.

I'm not following the diet scritly, more like cdnsir did, I've made my portions smaller, cut out the crap food (no squishes, no beer or chips) and have added healthy snacks (I've gone to the Farmer's Market to get fresh baby carrots).

I haven't noticed a huge difference yet, I'd say that my arms and shoulders have shown the biggest improvement by getting harder not really bigger yet. I've lost a few pounds and say that I've lost some off my waist. I'll be interested to do my measurements again at the end of next week.

My Ride
    R50

...blah blah NO BEER blah blah blah...
    Dude you're cutting out beers!? Now that puts the X in P90x man! I don't think I can ever do that to myself, I gots to have me liquid gold!

Yup, what you're feeling is about right. You won't build too much volume from here, this program trims you down and rips you up. Sounds like you're pushing pretty hard, really glad to hear that. Keep up the good work sir, I'm sure your 30 day numbers will be impressive!

Side note, I'm off p90 for 3 weeks now. Been doing regular lifting 3 times a week, kept doing plyo/kenpo rotations and yoga on my off days. The result for now is quite promising so far. Didn't gain any weight yet, and my body fat actually kept going down!

My Ride

I forgot to update my 4 week numbers. I'm in week 6 now and starting to see a bigger difference in my body's symentry.

After four weeks I lost 4 pounds, lost two inches on my chest (losing the man-boobs or moobs) and lost two inches around my belly button (love handles area).

I gain 1/2 inch on each bicep and overall feel pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to the 8 week numbers. I started to really notice a nice build up in the shoulders and upper arms. Losing quite a bit around the mid-section too.

I started this program 4 weeks ago, doing the lean schedule. I'm on Week 4 Day 2 when the unexpected happened. My right calf muscle had a spasm during the towel hopping segment of the program. Haven't been able to work out for 2 days now, Will be restarting Week 4 again hopefully by tonight. The pain is still there but it's not so bad that I can't walk.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

I'm starting to suffer from the Freshman 15....I am working up north for next 8 months on a week on week off shift...back home in calgary for my week off and feel the extra weight.

Can anyone recommend p90x for a dormroom setting? The camp gym is under rennovations and quite honestly I don't see it being ready for some time now, all they have is the cardio room ready. How much room is required to do the program, I can bring some weights and I have a pull up bar I can hang in the closet.

My room is pretty small, but if I don't keep fit on my weeks here I'm gonna just eat/work/sleep which is already taking its toll.

My Ride

My wife and I are doing the program from a computer screen in our office which is maybe 10'x14'. It doesn't take up much room, I have a chin-up bar and adjustable dumbells.

My Ride
    06 F-150

I found it was much easier to have quite a bit of space. I can't see it being very easy to do an a 10 by 14 room with two people.

There is a lot of jumping around which I find you cover quite a bit of distance in to do it properly. Might be tough to do everything properly in a dorm room, but the majority of stuff should be no problem. All of the lifting ones are no problem, just might end up hitting a wall or two with plyo and such, haha.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7