Quantcast
P90x 2010 Edition - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: P90x 2010 Edition

My Ride
    06 F-150

Default P90x 2010 Edition

Hey,

I am going to be starting P90x in the New Year. Likely start Jan 2, as I will be too hungover to start on the 1st. Was just wondering if maybe some other people are interested and we could have a thread going on how we are getting along, the diet aspect, recipes, etc.

I am going to Home Depot today to buy supplies to build a pull-up bar (let me know if you want to plan) as I don't care for the door frame kind, and my doorways where I want to workout won't really work it it anyways. I just got the Beachbody Resistance bands in the mail today, plan on using both the weights and the bands from time to time.

Anyways, let me know if anyone is interested.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I will be starting this within the next day or two. I need to get some of the equipment though (pull up bar, push up bar, mat, etc)

Anybody know of a decent place to get this?

My Ride
    95 240SX

i dont have the 2010 version, but i plan on starting this soon aswell. I need to get a chin up bar tho.

My Ride
    06 F-150

It's not an actual 2010 edition, I was just using that because I would be starting in the new year. Starting tomorrow if all goes well. Picked up my supplements and whatnot that I needed today.

CaptainReboot, I picked up my pull-up bar at Canadian Tire and they have the push-up stands there as well. Along with yoga mats, blocks, etc. Wal-Mart pretty much has all the same gear as well.

I ended up not having a door frame that would work with the door frame bar, so I ended up building one based on a design I had found on the internet. Cost about 20 bucks and is a much better setup then the door frame ones in my opinion.

Anyways, I'm starting tomorrow if you guys would like to use this thread for updates, support, etc. Good luck, were gonna need it.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I will try to start tomorrow, I still need to pick up the chin up bar though and probably some resistance bands.

I'll post my progress in this thread. Looking forward to the challenge.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

So started today with classic workout with Chest and Back. Man, I was exhausted. Then I tried the ab ripper X right after and I struggled with a lot of them of the exercises. Could not do 25 reps of each, so I was doing around 10.

Would it be better to split these up and do them at different times in the same day so I get a bit of a break?

My Ride
    06 F-150

I've read of quite a few people splitting them up so they have more energy for the ab-ripper. I'm still yet to get started, going to get at it after the Raptors game tonight.

Did you get the door frame pullup bar? Any tips for when I try it later? lol

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Yes, I got the door frame pull up bar. Not the one recommended by them, but some other one. It's blue and available pretty much anywhere. Got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart for $35.

A little afraid to pull on it at first, but it works alright. I do need to use a chair though when I do it. The wide pull ups are a little hard to do though, because of the way the bar is against the door frame. Isn't much room for your hands to hold onto it.

I'm going to do the Ab ripper again tonight as my form was horrible when I did it earlier.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Yea, I've been practicing the pull-ups and I will definetly need to use the chair as well.

What kind of shape are you in currently? I'm sitting at pretty much the worst I've been in in a long time, so this is gonna kick the shit out of me.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I can start to feel my arms getting sore. Did Ab ripper again and it was easier, but still struggling on a few of the exercises. I was in good shape over the summer as I do a lot of running outside, but I've been getting lazy. Started working out again mid November.

I've always focused more on cardio than muscle building so this will be a challenge. Plyometrics tomorrow.
    Last edited by CaptainReboot; 01-03-2010 at 10:23 PM.

hey guys i have a question. Does anyone here know how to transfer the p90x dvds onto an ipod? im not allowed to have the equipments at home and would like to do it at a gym and this the easiest way I could think of right now. Cant wait to get started!!

(I have another thread going on in the computers section..so Im really sorry for the repetition if anyone has read it).
    Thanks guys!

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

^^ Just look up P90x and ipod on any torrent site. Or look up ripping dvds to ipod format on Google. Shouldn't be difficult.

My Ride
    06 F-150

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That is the link to a program that can convert videos to the i-pod format. It could be kind of hard watching the videos and trying to perform all of the moves while at the gym.

Why can't you use the needed equipment in your home? All you really need is a chin-up bar and weights/bands. You can even get by without the chin-up bar, but there must a doorway you could use where you live.

thanks for the input guys...im really a noob when it comes to these things.. haha even if there's a step by step guide...but ill do my best

i live with my parents and they don't want the chin up bar anywhere in the house lol...i brought my dad to fitness depot and showed him the chin up bar...their destroyed doorway where the chin up bar was displayed definitely did not help...plus i have a gym membership so yeah

good luck fellow p90x-ers!

My Ride
    06 F-150

Finally got started today after putting it off a couple days longer then I planned. Just finished chest and back and I am pretty burnt out.

I did much worse then I thought I would and I needed the chair for all of the pull-up exercises. I was also maxing out at around 10 and under for push-up reps after my first burst of energy died off. I found that diamond push-ups to be extremely hard and was hardly able to do any at all.

The stretches are very important, if you ever decided to stop halfway because you are too tired, skip to the end and just do the cool down stretches! My two cents.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

if you guys are using the p90x bar (the one that they sell for the p90x workouts w/ wide grip and all that jazz..) make sure you mount it properly with those metal brackets that hang above your door. hahaha last year i did a little jump tug for a pull up and i fell on my head

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Originally posted by urban_chic
    thanks for the input guys...im really a noob when it comes to these things.. haha even if there's a step by step guide...but ill do my best

i live with my parents and they don't want the chin up bar anywhere in the house lol...i brought my dad to fitness depot and showed him the chin up bar...their destroyed doorway where the chin up bar was displayed definitely did not help...plus i have a gym membership so yeah

good luck fellow p90x-ers!
    I think with the chin up bar at Fitness depot, you have to mount it, as per the post above.

Here are some pictures of my bar and how it's setup:

nice bar
    Last edited by atx840; 01-05-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Keep at it guys, just keep pushing play.

I am on day 53 and have seen some great results so far. I was never fit or athletic, 20 pounds overweight and all around lazy. I couldn't do a single chin-up and maybe 15 pushups. Now 5 chin-ups without a chair (sounds low but a big improvement from none) did 2 sets of 50 pushups in a row last night without any issues. But most importantly I am more flexible, cardio is 1000% better and I feel great.

I am not following the food guide because i have a wife and kid that cant really eat that stuff......but i do eat healthy now. Key if you are not going to follow it is to eat several smaller meals a day, 5-7 small meals, eat breakfast and add some fruit to your diet.

I also have added some protein shakes, get a high quality all natural brand, I make one in the morning with fruit juice and add some bananas and berries and then make one again around 7 at night.

Recovery drink is important, helps your body get what it needs after such an intense workout, i went to Popeye's and got their recommendation.

If you have any questions email me at [email protected]
    something nice

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast