Quantcast
GTA is the wild west = Red Dead Redemption - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA is the wild west = Red Dead Redemption

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Live blows for me right now. 45 mins and I've found three open free roams but have been disconnected lots before I even get in the room, or disconnected within five minutes.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Gotta say, just finished the game and the ending was one of the best i've seen.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Kobe

Just watched the trailer for this, I'm going to buy it I think

Edit: I bought this, wow was it ever a bitch to find

Macleod Wal-mart (Never got it)
    Shoppers on Macloed/Heritage = sold out
    HMV Chinook = Sold out
    GameSpot = Sold out

I finally called Westbook westhills and they got some today and picked it up for $62!!
    Wtffff I woulda got you to grab me one. Oh well. Add me up on PSN if you're on it blastdoctor

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by bruceod

Very fun game through the story mode. I've been thinking of picking up UFC, is it any different/better then last years? I can't really see how it would be that much different.
    its quite different. In lots of ways but I think the damage carries too much into the next round. Like I will hit a guy a bunch in the head then second round I will hit him once he will be ko'd. And submitting a computer guy doesn't happen ever.

I had a weird glitch with that traveling elixir guy when you have to do the horse race with your cart my horses feet are dug into the ground and he won't run. But nobody else runs either. We just sit there and bounce then the guy in first will go flying 50 feet in the air off the cliff. Its weird. I shot my horse like 40 times and everytime you restart same thing so I can't go any further in the game

My Ride
    05 Forester X

goddamn, went to go pick it up today...
    nothin

the game looks intense !!!
    Fackkkkk

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by theken
    its quite different. In lots of ways but I think the damage carries too much into the next round. Like I will hit a guy a bunch in the head then second round I will hit him once he will be ko'd. And submitting a computer guy doesn't happen ever.
    Sure it does but it does require more patience. Just use the charge system before shining. I've managed to pull off a few on the hardest difficulty.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Gooseberry
    Gotta say, just finished the game and the ending was one of the best i've seen.
    i will second this and say this is one of the best stories start to finish that i've ever played in a video game (especially the ending as said), i mean top 3 of all time for sure and i've played ALOT of video games.

i mean at the end there i thought it was over... but.. be sure to read a newspaper if you got into the story

rockstar
    Last edited by n1zm0; 05-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride

Oh my god.

I've NEVER encountered a game that is a worse time bandit.

Take all of the fun roaming around that was Fallout 3, mix in all of the good stuff that was Grand Theft Auto, toss in one HELLUVA an awesome story, and add minigames that are both well done and fun (I never thought i would enjoy video horseshoes, but that could be a game all in it's own right).

My couch now has a permantent dent in it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by jonnycat
    Live blows for me right now. 45 mins and I've found three open free roams but have been disconnected lots before I even get in the room, or disconnected within five minutes.
    Not feeling multi-player anyway. To many random fucks that just shoot anything that moves.

My Ride
    Grimace

Looks like you can buy a bunch of neat RDR stuff from rockstar now aswell. The playing cards and dice look neat.
    http://rockstarwarehouse.stores.yaho...rliedfrco.html

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Xtrema

Not feeling multi-player anyway. To many random fucks that just shoot anything that moves.
    thats why we need a cooperative posse, this reason solely, ride together gives better chance for us to kill those fags (and any other hostile loners for that matter) faster and move on doing our own thing. on a side note if you want to level up DAMN fast, find a posse and goto the fort with the cannons, i had a good $5k wanted bounty on my head in a matter of minutes the one session.

i'm about ready to play the story again except badass everything this time lol, of course i played it through first being the good guy. Spoiler:
    but in the end i know that choosing either side will have the same end to it, just playing John i miss it already cause he's just that more badass than Jack lol it's his hardcore Clint Eastwood mixed with John Wayne - spaghetti western voice i think

My Ride
    Bicycle

What's the strategy on Liar's dice? Always getting screwed.

My Ride

Yeah. Liars dice was very tricky at first, i had no idea what i was actually doing for the frist game i played, but i managed to win my second game.

Generally, don't bluff later in the game. The computer players seem very anxious to call your bluffs, especially later in the game when there isn't that many dice left under the cups.

Early in the game, pick whatever you have the most of, add one, and use that as your starting bet. One of the computer players will inevitably call a bluff if it gets to 4 or higher, and odds are you'll have at least yours + 1.

Mid game, if the bid is up to 3-4 and you don't have any of those dice. Call the bluff.

Try to keep your dice by playing conservatively and letting the computer call the bluffs, then at the end of the game, hopefully you've a few more dice that the guy you're playing heads up with. Then i dunno - luck i guess.

Am I the only one who was not that impressed with this game? The missions were repeditive and the story line had so many long stetches of boring, useless "go help this guy so he will give you info" missions which amounted to no info....

Overrated imo.

My Ride

Originally posted by wrcftw
    Am I the only one who was not that impressed with this game? The missions were repeditive and the story line had so many long stetches of boring, useless "go help this guy so he will give you info" missions which amounted to no info....

Overrated imo.
    See, that's exactly how i felt about hte last few GTA games.

Too much boring ,drive here, do something mundane, drive back, fail misison for no apparent reason.

For some reason, mabey it's the scenery, or the aesthetic of the game in general, but i do not mind the long rides between places, and the repetivitness doesn't seem to grind me down.

Side note, does anyone want my copy? I finished the single player and wont be playing online.

I'm in edmonton though, but it sounds like alot of you are having a hard time finding copies!

PM ME

My Ride
    '89 Pathfinder, '92 Camry

Taking the dastardly achievement to a new level.... hahaha

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Crymson
    For some reason, mabey it's the scenery, or the aesthetic of the game in general, but i do not mind the long rides between places, and the repetivitness doesn't seem to grind me down.
    for me, its the scenery for 1 and the second its the RAGE/Euphoria engine in this + the Dead Eye (whereas GTA 4 only has the RAGE/Euphoria and no slow motion targeting), i can spend hours shooting ppl's horses at full speed in the head or ppl for that matter lol, idk why, maybe cause they bail so hard.

Originally posted by darkrider911
    Taking the dastardly achievement to a new level.... hahaha
    he must've waited at that intersection a long ass time or it was one of those rare NPC convoys of horseback riders, i've seen 7 of them riding together thought it was something important but the AI must've just generated it randomly

anyways, the background music was a great touch haha

just got the game. had to update my playstation firmware to play it. :{

One of the best games this year - GOY?

I just finished the single player as well. It was great.

I had a hard time with the last GTA game, but this is a different animal.

Multiplayer is a riot with a posse - if you want to level up your character go into a 'private' room, it works and stuff carries over into the 'public' room.
    Cheers,
    -Ding

Originally posted by derek_k

Tough guy eh, come at me bro, ya that's my name, ask your girlfriend for a description
    ^^

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast