Quantcast
Logitech Harmony universal remotes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech Harmony universal remotes

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Logitech Harmony universal remotes

I've got too many fucking remotes kicking around!!

I'm thinking about getting one of these and I've heard some pretty positive reviews about them (mostly from here). Just curious as to what models some of you are using. Any likes or dislikes about them?

I think my biggest questions is with regards to controlling my receiver. Is it pretty intuitive when you're switching devices on the receiver (DVD, satellite, video games, etc...)?

Best thing since sliced bread!!! It will support pretty much any device and what it doesn't support it can lean. You can also customize buttons. They are awesome!

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have the 1100 and love it. I had the 1000 before.

Very very easy to set up and they work great as long as you know how your system works and set it up properly. If you set it up wrong (by answering a question about your system incorrectly) you will have problems.

My only complaint is that you can't customize the buttons on the touch screen. More expensive brands allow you to do that, but then you will pay a lot more than the $500 the 1100 will cost.

I've got an 880 and a 5xx. Well worth it. Either the database has it, or you can program it for just about anything. Mine don't support BT for things like the ps3, but there are adapters that can be bought. Nothing like 1 button for whatever you want to set up.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ the PS3 adapter is really easy to add on and works great.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i LOVE my 880

1 button press=
    turn on receiver
    turn on tv
    turn on hdmi switch
    turn on cable box
    change receiver to correct input
    change tv to correct input
    change hdmi switch to correct input
    adjust volume to normalize it
    set to specific channel

it makes life easssssy.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

I've got an 880 and an 890 (RF) and both are pretty awesome. They can be a bit quirky at times but for the most part work very well. I don't think there is a better all-in-one solution out there right now. They are incredibly easy to set up as well with the software.

If you have stuff in a different room, or you can't point the remote at everything at once, you might consider going with an RF version (890).

I've got an 880 and love it. I'd definitely go with an RF remote though as I sometimes miss devices because the cat walks in front of the remote or something.

I have a Harmony 6?? (I think it's the 670), mint condition, used for maybe 1-2 weeks... it's been collecting dust for the last 3-4 months. $40 if you want it.

My Ride
    Legacy Spec B

I have the 880. It works almost perfect. Turning everything on is fine but half the time it doesn't turn my AV receiver off.

My Ride
    Audi

After having a Harmony remote for the last 4 years or so, whenever I go to someone's house I get really frustrated with turning on a TV/Receiver/Sat receiver if they dont have a harmony.

The thought of using 1 remote to change the channel, another remote to change volume and another one to set inputs is making me cringe...

Next time you're over you can check the harmony remote I have out - Harmony 880 controling 1 TV, 1 Receiver, 1 Sat. Receiver, 1 Xbox 360.

Edit: my biggest gripe about it, replacement cost the day my son decides to throw it down the stairs again

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

I also have the 670. What a fantastic device. I came home from work and my wife had programed it. My gripe is that it seems to chew through batteries, but it works well for being on the low end of scale.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

+1 for the 880, controls everything, sets up inputs which volume to control, fav channels, the only thing i dislike it that the software is a bit confusing at first, but gets really easy to navigate once u get used to it, and also my remote doesnt hold its time setting for some reason, always behind half hour over a few days, prob cuz family doesnt charge it on time

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

I have the XBox360 remote. It's been a fantastic survivor for about 5 years now. It's so easy to use, my 6-year-old can turn on the TV by herself, which turns on the TV, turns on the Receiver, turns on the Cable box, sets inputs on each and is ready to go. I'd never go back to multiple remotes.

I even converted my parents a while back for their anniversary. My dad has gotten pretty good at programming it. Which, believe me, is saying something for how easy it is to program.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

+1 for the 880, all of my family and gf's family has them aswell....we all love em
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Check Costco to see what they have. Usually they sell them for around $40 less than most other stores.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

I've had a number of these remotes...they wear out (frequently used buttons quit) with use...current unit is the Harmony One...Very nice!

I have no idea what I have, but I love it! The only thing is that the PVR buttons aren't as convenient to use as the Shaw remote, other than that, this thing is magic. Wayyyyy better than using 5 remotes!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

hampstor had an old 520 kicking around that he lent me to try out. I like it! It certainly eliminates a lot of clutter all these extra remotes take up, plus now I have something that replaces my failing Bell receiver remote. Setting it up was pretty easy and I like how it retains all the original functionality. Only downside is when controlling my satellite receiver, sometimes the guide and info buttons don't respond and I have to turn everything off then on a few times to get going.

So far I really like it and I think I'll keep my eyes open for an 880 that everyone seems to speak so highly of. It looks like it's a discountinued model, but Newegg still has them in stock.

Originally posted by DayGlow
    Check Costco to see what they have. Usually they sell them for around $40 less than most other stores.
    Yeah I was there earlier in the week. They currently have a 610 in stock (at least the Costco in my area), but the website says they're selling the 620 and the 880.

does the 880 pro control ps3?

at newegg.ca its for 150

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast