Quantcast
Test Driving Car Advice - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Test Driving Car Advice

My Ride
    996 911 Turbo

The main streets are dry enough arn't they? Drive it yourself off the side streets real slow then switch with him on deerfoot, blackfoot, 14th st. south etc.

If you want to filter the test pilots just tell him that he has to give you a deposit before he test drives. If he is really serious then he will give you a deposit. If he refuses unless he gets to drive the car tell him where to go. Just use the excuse that you are tryig to cover your ass if he does something to the car. Kinda like a security deposit.

Good Luck

main roads aren't too bad. you could take it really easy till you get out to a main road and let whoever is test driving take over.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by 2000impreza
    main roads aren't too bad. you could take it really easy till you get out to a main road and let whoever is test driving take over.
    yeah. you don't live that far from glenmore!! it's like 1km tops!!

put on your hazards and keep it under 20km/h. lol

My Ride
    O.P.P.

As mentioned in some previous posts: Deposit is a MUST......Drive it onto the main roads then switch. Dynoing the car wouldn't give the guy the same satisfaction/peace of mind as an actual on-road experience, from the potential buyer's point-of-view...If he isn't a moron, he should be able to figure out that with the mileage and exterior/interior condition, the car's in mint shape. If he prefers to have it inspected, it's up to him to make all the arrangements/payments to make this possible. Good luck Sam

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

Deposit

I would use your ama card or call a tow truck and have it dollied to the dealer or maybe they'll even lend you a Dplate to bring it in so you don't have to mess around w/ insurance and then get it inspected. That way somebody doesn't crash your car on bad roads....
    MK7 Golf SportWagen 4Motion

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

If this guy is serious he should understand that on snow the car won't do so great since you said it doesn't have the proper tires, but I agree with everyone else. They would WANT to test drive it before they buy it. Let him go on the main roads where they are clear, if not wait till this weekend, the weather will shape up, but don't count on it too much because this is Calgary. If he doesn't understand why you won't le thim test drive it then he isn't a good customer. Anyway good luck on the sale and I hope everything works out for ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2