Quantcast
these so call new travel restrictions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: these so call new travel restrictions

Default these so call new travel restrictions

So I'm hearing they are now only allowing small carry on baggage and nothing large due to that tard trying to bomb that airliner in detroit.

I'm going to Vegas in a week and will be taking my camera equipment with me which I certainly would need to have as carry on simply because the value of the equipment is way too much to be trusting the airport with. I mean ya lets put a bag with $20,000 worth of equipment into luggage and hope it doesn't get lost.

Does anybody know what kind of limitations they are putting on carry on baggage? Quite seriously if they start reducing carry on baggage like they say on TV I am sure the vast majority of people are going to stop flying anywhere.

they did reduce them in size, not sure how much, but they are also allowing two bags to be carried on as well, so you could always split your gear up between 2 bags.
    Diesel powered.

My Ride
    2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK350

I've been advised at work that the size remains the same, but you are restricted to one carryon only. That's it.
    2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 4Matic
    2009 Smart ForTwo "Passion"

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by chadnixon
    they did reduce them in size, not sure how much, but they are also allowing two bags to be carried on as well, so you could always split your gear up between 2 bags.
    I don't think this is right, I heard it's 1 carry on only.

Camera's are still permitted. Here are the details:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/ba...-menu-5781.htm

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

One carry on only, prepare for lineups at the airport. Just came back from Vegas. Whee.

Just came across this stating zero carry on for all flights into the U.S. Posted the article below since the link is slow. I suggest you call your airline to get an answer if this is till in effect.

http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/Page.as...esures&lang=en

Temporary emergency measures include no carry-on bags to U.S.A.

Effective immediately, CATSA is implementing temporary emergency measures at security checkpoints under the direction of Transport Canada. These measures are in response to a failed terrorist attack on board an aircraft from Amsterdam to Detroit on December 25, 2009. These new measures will affect all flights from Canada to the United States.

U.S.A. bound passengers are permitted zero carry-on bags effective immediately and lasting for several days. Passengers travelling within Canada are still permitted two carry-on bags (although to make the screening process most efficient, no carry-on is preferred).

These rules will be strictly enforced during this period. There will be no flexibility.

Carry-on bag means items to which a passenger has access to during a flight, but does NOT include personal items such as small purses, cameras, coats, items for care of infants, laptop computers, diplomatic or consular bags, crutches, canes, walkers, containers carrying life sustaining items, medication or medical devices, musical instruments, or any special needs items.

My Ride
    12 civic si

anyone know if the "no-carry" on the news is true?

http://www.660news.com/news/local/ar...-united-states

My Ride
    is Invisible

The changes mean passengers traveling into the U.S. can no longer bring carry-on luggage.

However laptops, purses, medications, medical devices and diaper bags are still allowed on flights.
    If a laptop is allowed im pretty sure you can bring a few important necessities as carry on.

Yeah westjet says carryon is ok but the CATSA says no go at the moment. They aren't saying when the travel restrictions will be lifted as well.

What gets me and this really pisses me off. They spend billions a year on airport security and one retard somehow manages to get through and they raise hell. One flight out of 100,000 goes wrong and it's a huge catastrophe. I would think this is pretty minor.

I'm guessing it gets to the point soon where they do random strip searches and cavity searches, no carry on whatsoever and every passenger is locked in a small cell for the duration of the flight.

I don't get why the airlines don't fight this as it will be what ends up killing their companies. I just had to cancel the trip to vegas which we had planned 8 months ago. My only time to relax before moving into our newly built house. I'm so pissed right now.

My Ride
    2K10 EvoX GSR

rules have been changin everyday but as far as i know, CATSA is just following guidelines that the states are enforcing. if flying to the states, all flights heading INTO the states require 100% search..
    simple solution - check everything in or dont fly with it.
    airlines has no say on security.. and its what the government mandates..

the delay is a lot less then before when there are carryons. cause everyone tries to sneak in bags that are the size of elephants when they were given a one bag limit. so they said screw it, no bags allowed on. u dont need ur blowdryers n hairdryer on ur plan or toothpaste or toothbrush on the plane or other items. check it and go.

and sidenote....
    camera bags are allowed on, but it has to look like one, same wit laptop bag wit a laptop. and essential medicinal bags.

what i think is gay is that all flights going out of the states probably wont be going through the same procedures. so basically, make everyone work to fly to the states and the states dont care about who flies out.

NOTE
    read up on it from catsa.gc.ca
    gives u the restrictions needed and wat u can bring.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Oops. Double posted trying to fix a mistake.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Truevi3tromeo

the delay is a lot less then before when there are carryons. cause everyone tries to sneak in bags that are the size of elephants when they were given a one bag limit. so they said screw it, no bags allowed on. u dont need ur blowdryers n hairdryer on ur plan or toothpaste or toothbrush on the plane or other items. check it and go.

Not that I've flown since the new restrictions, nor am I totally aware of the new restrictions, but one of my biggest pet peeves while flying was giant carry-ons. I think if you're an able-bodied adult, if you're carry-on has wheels it's too big to be considered so. And no, I'm not excluding wheel-less bags that should obviously be considered checked luggage.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info