Quantcast
Anybody got WIND Mobile yet? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody got WIND Mobile yet?

Default Anybody got WIND Mobile yet?

Hey did a search and for some reason the thread with WIND was closed?

Has anybody in Calgary tried WIND yet? I cannot wait for them to set up shop in Edmonton...I can't believe I can pay $75 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING and get a bold 9700 for $450!! Off contract too! Roger's charges $750 for an unsubsidized 9700!
    haha, I pay $80 right now and thats with a Roger's EPP plan and don't get anywhere near as good a plan as I could with WIND (plus the dreaded 3 year prison term with Roger's as your cellmate)

So how is the coverage with WIND in Calgary? Any problems so far? Any positives?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Im looking into this as well, I just wish they had a better phone selection...that should increase in time though.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/288410/wi...e-ca-launched/

big thread about it. vagabond412 and a couple others have it

Hi All - This is Mary with Rogers. Came across this thread and wanted to jump in to the conversation. First of all, let me just say that we think competition is great for Canadian consumers. That said, let me clarify a few points so that you can make an informed decision.

Keep in mind that while Wind advertises unlimited plans, it's not actually unlimited because of usage charges outside their footprint. This also applies to calls outside your Wind Zone that can incur additional surprises on your bill. Before you select a plan, have a look at what you really need because customers often overpay for "unlimited" when really they need much less than that.

With features like MY5, unlimited network calling, a single nationwide data zone, etc. on Rogers there are more options available that are more cost effective in the long run. Wind still can't buy you cost certainty.

Also, a BB9700 costs $450 with Wind on day one. With Rogers, the same phone costs $199.99 on a three-year term and you're eligible for a new subsidized upgrade in 24 months. In the long run, you'll have a better selection of new handsets at great prices.

Just a few things to think about. Hope this helps!
    Mary Pretotto
    @RogersMary

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by RogersMary

...and you're eligible for a new subsidized upgrade in 24 months. In the long run, you'll have a better selection of new handsets at great prices.

but Mary... what if you guys at rogers pull the same shit as you did a little while ago and change the upgrade period without telling your customers so they get stuck with a pos phone for an extra year? (gf was told 12 months, 12 months comes around... oh sorry we changed your plan without telling you... it is now 24 months)

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Hi All - This is Mary with Rogers. Came across this thread and wanted to jump in to the conversation. First of all, let me just say that we think competition is great for Canadian consumers. That said, let me clarify a few points so that you can make an informed decision.

Keep in mind that while Wind advertises unlimited plans, it's not actually unlimited because of usage charges outside their footprint. This also applies to calls outside your Wind Zone that can incur additional surprises on your bill. Before you select a plan, have a look at what you really need because customers often overpay for "unlimited" when really they need much less than that.

With features like MY5, unlimited network calling, a single nationwide data zone, etc. on Rogers there are more options available that are more cost effective in the long run. Wind still can't buy you cost certainty.

Also, a BB9700 costs $450 with Wind on day one. With Rogers, the same phone costs $199.99 on a three-year term and you're eligible for a new subsidized upgrade in 24 months. In the long run, you'll have a better selection of new handsets at great prices.

You guys need a reality check. I've been with Rogers for years, spend over $300/mo EVERY MONTH (sometimes double/triple that), and I still have to jump through hoops to get any amount of service.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Wow interesting marketing move.

But here's a reality check....

At $80 a month, that's $20 less than my smartphone plan that has a limit. $20 * 36 month contract = $720 which make your 9700 TOC to be $920. And free LD in home zone, fricking awesome.

I'm glad competition is finally here. Yes, you probably will charge WIND user an arm or a leg for roaming but I'm sure I can afford it with limited travel a minimum saving of $470 with your plans.

You better hope WIND's coverage and choice of phone stays low, you have nothing on it's price plans.

I'm sure by the time my contract with you is over in 2 years, WIND should expand far enough to get my business.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Before you select a plan, have a look at what you really need because customers often overpay for "unlimited" when really they need much less than that.
    True. I never go over on my plan that costs $21 all-in.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

True. I never go over on my plan that costs $21 all-in.
    YOU do not have a smartphone... without even data and the only unlimited thing on my plan being text... i am at $75/month i have to pay an extra $15 JUST to have a blackberry, and to be able to use bbm

My favorite is when someone from rogers tells you that you now have unlimited text along with video/picture messaging, and then you receive a big fat bill next month. Call them up and find out... oh wait... your plan doesn't include picture/video would you like to add that? you then add they tell you adjusted price fine fine, you get next months bill and find out that you are now locked into a "special" iphone text/data bundle for 3 YEARS without being notified or having signed/approved such changes.... yup... definitely great customer service

My Ride
    Subaru GH

Originally posted by ercchry

but Mary... what if you guys at rogers pull the same shit as you did a little while ago and change the upgrade period without telling your customers so they get stuck with a pos phone for an extra year? (gf was told 12 months, 12 months comes around... oh sorry we changed your plan without telling you... it is now 24 months)
    If they change your plan like your voice plan, you can walkout on ur contract Free without Cancellation fee.

As for the wind Mobile, I for one was going to switch but i'm glad i didn't, mary is correct WIND doesn't have enough towers out there so they've created Roaming AGreements with other carriers, and Unlimited Plans only work when ur under the Wind mobile Towers, if you're not around any you get charged about 25 cents per minute on calling 35Cents Per KB on data, and 30cents per text INCLUDING INCOMING TEXT AND OUTGOING, So if i were you, don't switch to Wind Mobile Just yet. If you think about it with those hidden fees, They're Called Robbers Oh wait ROGERS 2.0?

PS if you're on a Blackberry and you're on WIND, Only way to stay on wind towers is go to OPTIONS > Mobile Network > Network Selection Mode >HOME ONLY
    Last edited by Suey; 01-04-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

sorry but fuck Rogers and your price gouging bullshit! I'm reaalll happy some competition has come to make you guys get a scared.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Suey

If they change your plan like your voice plan, you can walkout on ur contract Free without Cancellation fee.

As for the wind Mobile, I for one was going to switch but i'm glad i didn't, mary is correct WIND doesn't have enough towers out there so they've created Roaming AGreements with other carriers, and Unlimited Plans only work when ur under the Wind mobile Towers, if you're not around any you get charged about 25 cents per minute on calling 35Cents Per KB on data, and 30cents per text INCLUDING INCOMING TEXT AND OUTGOING, So if i were you, don't switch to Wind Mobile Just yet. If you think about it with those hidden fees, They're Called Robbers Oh wait ROGERS 2.0?
    I'm not surprise that's the case. Heck, they won't even have complete Calgary covered until probably mid to late 2010.

But if I'm in home zone and roamed, I won't be paying the bill. WIND better make sure they won't screw users that way.

Again, 98% of my calls will be made within WIND's 2010 home zone, I'm not afraid to switch when time comes. Rogers probably have to give me 2 free iPhones to keep me.

My Ride
    Subaru GH

Originally posted by black13

sorry but fuck Rogers and your price gouging bullshit! I'm reaalll happy some competition has come to make you guys get a scared.
    The in Share Market Rogers Dropped by 8% in shares. so Only ones in trouble are Rogers. Bell and Telus Dropped by 3-4%. Most of my friends are rogers and just complain about how shitty the CS is and How they just add random shit on the bill

Originally posted by ercchry

YOU do not have a smartphone... without even data and the only unlimited thing on my plan being text... i am at $75/month i have to pay an extra $15 JUST to have a blackberry, and to be able to use bbm
    I have unlimited text and browser, but I never use the latter because it's pretty much useless on a RAZR2. Bell would charge me at least $25 more for a data plan if I had a smart phone.

But I have a Telus BB through work so it's all good. I never get to see the bills.

I have one of the first unlimited data plans Telus offered grandfathered, bring on faster HSPA phones

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Definately not going back to Rogers when my contract runs out, horrible service, the mess shit up, price is ok though. I really like my moms Koodo plan, I dont think I need an iPhone with all the bells and whistles now, just unlimited texting and a few minutes.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by J-D
    I have one of the first unlimited data plans Telus offered grandfathered, bring on faster HSPA phones
    i dare you to call and tell them to switch you over to one of those phones!

My Ride
    Subaru GH

Originally posted by J-D
    LoL doesn't matter if u switch over to Telus HSPA FRMO CDMA YOu have to change ur Data PLan bud, since its still new Bellus network isn't perfected yet. so don't even bother

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast