Quantcast
Migraines - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Migraines

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Default Migraines

Lately i have been having migraines daily, which has really really made things hard on me.
    Loss of sleep, they can get pretty bad i feel sick to my stomach.

Ive seen dr.s in the past and all they do is perscribe me medication, T3's etc.. for it.
    Thats not what im looking for.

After some research i figured it may be caffine withdrawl (i dont drink much or smoke), and even after constant daily consumption of coffee, i still get the headaches. However, i dont even drink that much coffee, so im pretty lost here anyways.

Anybody else deal with this?
    What do you do for it?

Dr. Beyond, Is there anyway to cure this?

i heard botox has some migraine healing abilities.

if you tried all that maybe start looking into that?

Sounds pretty bad, hope you get better swak, do you think it is the sudden temperature changes we've been having lately?

Originally posted by almerick
    Sounds pretty bad, hope you get better swak, do you think it is the sudden temperature changes we've been having lately?
    werd, during the last chinook we had i had a HUGE migraine, never been that bad before.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I really dont know..
    In the past winters i havent had them this bad, and lived in Calgary my whole life, so i doubt thats it.

Originally posted by GQBalla
    i heard botox has some migraine healing abilities.

if you tried all that maybe start looking into that?
    Id rather have facial expressions than loss of headaches
    ahaha... but thanks.

I get them with Chinooks.. Also massive dehydration causes it for me too..

Check your diet , check your fluid intake , and go from there... Also maybe change your pillows , theyt might be giving you a shity sleep.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by GQBalla

werd, during the last chinook we had i had a HUGE migraine, never been that bad before.

but mine never went away.... still there, and with another chinook coming up.....

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by ercchry

but mine never went away.... still there, and with another chinook coming up.....
    The good and the bad of chinooks.
    It probably affects me in one way or another...

But its good to know overall im not the only one with my head in my pillow cursing - as if hoping that will make it go away.

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

I had insane migranes and the doc said it could be from lack of iron in my system so i started taking a centrum daily vitamin and eating more red meat and spinach and it help i havent had one in 8 months.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mazda 3

I started getting migraines last year and they haven't stopped since. Gets really bad in the winter months. Till this day i'm still not sure what it is.
    Doctor gave me meds for it also and a pamphlet that pretty much says ANYTHING can be a trigger.

Its pretty hard to figure what the trigger(s) may be. =(
    Only feel it on the left side of my head though but its pretty painful sometimes. Feels like my eye is going to pop out.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

god, i should have drank last night... then at least i would have a reason for this pain today

HOly fuck , today was insane , my head has never hurt so bad.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Its the worst, when you first get up in the morning (Still in bed!) And you start to feel something come on.
    I get em on the RH side of myhead, what's feels like right behind my right eye.

My Ride
    '93 CYM FD3S

I get migraines every so often, although I'm not sure what causes it. My father claims that it's due to camera flashes/bright flashes of light (he has the exact same problem), although I'm not too sure. I've never had this problem at night, and I enjoy night driving (where it stands to reason that there are a lot of flashes happening).

Mine have a precursor though. Up to 10 minutes before the pain hits I will lose vision directly in-front of where I am looking. (For instance, if I happen to be driving and look at a road sign, I will not be able to see or read the sign but I can see everything around it perfectly fine with peripheral vision.) If I pull over, take 2 extra strength liquid Advil, and close my eyes for 5 minutes it subsides without any further discomfort.

If I don't I get a massive headache, my vision deteriorates even more, and I usually vomit. This will last for hours.

This has been a lifelong problem, I've had scans ect, but nothing has popped up. They say it's genetic with an unknown trigger.

That would be interesting to find out. The headaches could be a result of the changing pressure but I'm not certain as it wouldn't apply to everyone.

Two of my roommates have experienced headaches recently as well.

My Ride
    public transit

i use to have migraine,and all i did was start goin to the gym in it went away.My doct. said migraine cause by to much stress on your brain.

My Ride
    Hondas

I also got a killer 12 hour migraine this week with the chinook.

Got headaches the first year I moved here and not really since until this week, and it was one of the worst I've had in my life. Didn't get any sleep that night at all. Took a couple tylenols only to find out the next day the container had expired back in july 08...

Didn't know that they expired, and don't take them enough to go through a container for a really long time.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Are you guys sure it all Migraine? Sounds like some of these are nerve damage/back related!

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Originally posted by old&slow
    Are you guys sure it all Migraine? Sounds like some of these are nerve damage/back related!
    Someone once told me the got rid of their migraines by seeing a chiropractor. So that could be a valid reason for these crazy headaches?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

From cycling, I actually go tro a chiropractor/sport therapist on a regular basis. Although I don't have the GREATEST back, I don't think its that, but didn't even know my back had anything to do with that!!

Could very well be.
    But according to my family dr. I've been having these problems for a LONGGG time.

So in that case thatd mean I've had back problems since I was 10ish? I doubt that.
    Bastard won't do a catscan or any scannage for this though.

That back info is interesting though, ill talk to my chiro about that for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast