Quantcast
One of those days? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: One of those days?

My Ride
    TL

Default One of those days?

Wasn't really wanting to go to the gym today, but dragged myself off the couch and football game to get my squat workout in. This is the first time I have squatted in about 2 months, due to injuries and surgery. So I was erring on the side of caution.

Setup was great, got the bar off the rack without any issues. Big puff of air to fill the gut. I needed to get at least 5 reps as part of my 5/3/1 program. Start to lower the weight, 3/4 of the way down I hear rip. shit...I think I tore my shorts. Get the rep up. Go down again nice and steady, an even bigger rip. Yup I tore a big fucking hole in my shorts...haha. I wasn't about to rack the weight and wanted to get my reps in before I assess the damage.

The bad news is I finished my set with my ass only covered by my boxer briefs. The good news is that I pulled off 22 reps.

Finish off the rest of my workout with torn shorts...luckily my gym doesn't cater to the brocep workouts.

Anyone else have stories like this?

haha haven't had that happen
    but i tend to get very gassy when i drink my post workout protein shake while running on the treadmill or elliptical. I have let some bad, loud farts while doing this cardio haha.
    i never really know how loud they are though cause my headphones are on..it's also hard to pretend it wasn't me.
    i
    am
    gross

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

I was playing outdoor hockey last month and my stick got caught in the snowbank and my hip( missed the dingleberrys by 2 inches) but ripped my pants wide open played with my undies out and didnt care at all.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I rip my boxers all the time (I had those non stretchy boxers). I wear briefs during squatting now after I wrecked 1/2 my boxers =(

LOL

Good times

Good to hear your back at it.. Remmington's still?

My Ride
    TL

Yeah at Remington's. Luke got chains now and hopefully he starts bringing in a yoke bar, GHR, and a couple of other goodies.

My Ride
    sedan

I started going to a new gym months ago and the first day in all geared up, ready to begin, so I started with some stretches in the stretching area.

There was a tube cage that held some yoga balls and I decided to grab it from behind and pull back my arms to stretch my shoulders and get them ready for the workout.

I turned around, grabbed on with both hands and bent down to start tension and the entire cage imploded as I realized it was just a plastic cage from like a kid's play set.

Immediately all the 2 levels of yoga balls started to shoot out of the cage and I had to make a quick recovery and keep the cage from totally falling over.

A bit embarrassing, but only a few people saw and I didn't stick around to find out who.
    Also, I have no shame so that helps a lot.

----

Also, I've felt my shorts tear in the past, but I never found the origin so I just continue to wear them.

It's always an awkward thing to go into the change room mid workout and remove your short and inspect the crotch and then put them back on. Anyone near thinks you are checking to see if you shit yourself.

My Ride
    Hondas

Seriously have tears in my eyes from laughing.

My Ride
    sedan

Yeah, for that split second I felt what it must be like to be the subject a Japanese game show.