Quantcast
Weight allowed with a class 5 driver's license and air brake endorsement. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Weight allowed with a class 5 driver's license and air brake endorsement.

Smile Weight allowed with a class 5 driver's license and air brake endorsement.

Hello,

I would like to know what is the heaviest truck I can drive with a driver's license class 5 and my air brake endorsement. I was looking for it everywhere without success and I need that information for a special international driver's license, 'cause I can drive here a truck over 10 tons with my class 5 and endorsement but for the international license they say I'm a class 5, so I cannot drive a vehicle over 3500 kilograms.

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me with some information and if is possible written. Thanks in advance for your response.

I don't know if there is a weight restriction. You just can't drive anything other then single axel. Anything heavy heavy is more then likely double axel or more.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

You can drive all straight trucks

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

i dont belive there is a weight restriction for class 5. hell you can drive a 24ft cargo truck (5 ton) with a class 5. i know there are also a few 7 ton trucks out there that are not tandem axle, but those are rare. anything heavier than 7 ton that i have encountered has always been a tandem axle vehicle in the back, which would require a class 3 or 1.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    NOYB.

I have driven, and supervised others driving, up to 19,000 kilos on a single rear axle with a class 5 and air endorsement.

I'm not sure if the IDL has to follow exactly what your provincial license does, though. A really good place to ask would be the Alberta Motor Association (AMA/CAA).

Well, the problem is that I asked already AMA about it, and they don't know. My problem is that I cannot get my international driver's license if it doesn't say I'm allowed to drive the same kind of truck i'm driving right now (5 ton, 2 axles). That's why I need something written on paper saying the weight I'm allowed to drive. It should be written somewhere, the problem is I don't know where...

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).